Thoughts on Climate Change
Al Roker

Huntington, WV

#1 Feb 8, 2012
Believe it, or not? Proof for either opinion?
Silent majority

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jul 3, 2012
Al Roker wrote:
The people on here are not educated enough to hold a civil informative debate....ill pass
John Connor

United States

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Al Roker wrote:
Man made - BS
Truth Teller

Lizemores, WV

#4 Jul 10, 2012
While you are mostly correct, I am at least one person on Topix who is able to have an educated enough to hold a civil informative debate.
]
The facts are simple. Yes global warming (climate change) is real. There is no doubt among our scientists. The only people who deny global warming are oil executives, Republicans, and the Republican sheep who believe everything FOX News tells them. On any other subject we defer to science for answers, yet when it concerns the topic of global warming everyone is a damn climatologist. Scientist say it is 100% real. Now, if your doctor and 5 others tell you that you have cancer are you going to dismiss his diagnosis and just get an opinion from Facebook or your crazy Uncle? Hell no! If your doc says you have cancer you will believe him, and follow his advice on how to treat it. But when it comes to global warming this is exactly what we do.

The scientific opinion on climate change is that the Earth's climate system is unequivocally warming, and it is more than 90% certain that humans are causing it through activities that increase concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. This scientific consensus is expressed in synthesis reports, scientific bodies of national or international standing, and surveys of opinion among climate scientists. Individual scientists, universities, and laboratories contribute to the overall scientific opinion via their peer-reviewed publications, and the areas of collective agreement and relative certainty are summarised in these high level reports and surveys.

Don't believe me. Don't believe deniers. Research it yourself.
John Connor

United States

#5 Jul 14, 2012
Truth Teller wrote:
While you are mostly correct, I am at least one person on Topix who is able to have an educated enough to hold a civil informative debate.
]
The facts are simple. Yes global warming (climate change) is real. There is no doubt among our scientists. The only people who deny global warming are oil executives, Republicans, and the Republican sheep who believe everything FOX News tells them. On any other subject we defer to science for answers, yet when it concerns the topic of global warming everyone is a damn climatologist. Scientist say it is 100% real. Now, if your doctor and 5 others tell you that you have cancer are you going to dismiss his diagnosis and just get an opinion from Facebook or your crazy Uncle? Hell no! If your doc says you have cancer you will believe him, and follow his advice on how to treat it. But when it comes to global warming this is exactly what we do.
The scientific opinion on climate change is that the Earth's climate system is unequivocally warming, and it is more than 90% certain that humans are causing it through activities that increase concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. This scientific consensus is expressed in synthesis reports, scientific bodies of national or international standing, and surveys of opinion among climate scientists. Individual scientists, universities, and laboratories contribute to the overall scientific opinion via their peer-reviewed publications, and the areas of collective agreement and relative certainty are summarised in these high level reports and surveys.
Don't believe me. Don't believe deniers. Research it yourself.
I think ur full of crap. If there is global warming, it's due to the amount of methane (bs) from you libtards...
nope

Lubbock, TX

#6 Jul 15, 2012
John Connor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ur full of crap. If there is global warming, it's due to the amount of methane (bs) from you libtards...
funny you would call someone a libtard (I guess you are a repube) and then back up their claim by talking about methane. If you knew anything, you would know there are several types of greenhouse gas that contribute to the warming, not just one that doesn't disperse.

Global warming has been proven. Its the people that don't care or are uneducated that dispute it.
John Connor

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
funny you would call someone a libtard (I guess you are a repube) and then back up their claim by talking about methane. If you knew anything, you would know there are several types of greenhouse gas that contribute to the warming, not just one that doesn't disperse.
Global warming has been proven. Its the people that don't care or are uneducated that dispute it.
Funny we had both higher temp and cooler temp cycles long before fossil fuels came along....

There's as much or more evidence that it's a farce..The only thing man made about global warming is the lie about global warming.

Manbearpig
algore

United States

#8 Jul 25, 2012
nope

Lynchburg, VA

#9 Jul 25, 2012
John Connor wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny we had both higher temp and cooler temp cycles long before fossil fuels came along....
There's as much or more evidence that it's a farce..The only thing man made about global warming is the lie about global warming.
Manbearpig
The national weather service was not created until 1870. Of what do you refer? If you know anything about geology, you would know your implications are not factual but "guestimates".
Anyone that thinks you can add something to something and get nothing is a fool. The farce is the people who try to speak about science who have no education in it.
hillbilly

United States

#10 Dec 26, 2012
THE MAN MADE STUFF IS REAL ,BUT THE WARMING HAS BEEN GOING ON WAY BACK TO THE LAST ICE AGE.I also thank we are in line for one hell of a volcano in the Yellowstone. WE are going to get it and I dont think it will be worth living after word ,THERE WILL BE OCEAN WAVES FROM THAT ONE.I think there will be a sea in the mid west again.And the hills may be ok to live in...i really dont no.nor do you.
Itsallcrap

United States

#11 Dec 29, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
THE MAN MADE STUFF IS REAL ,BUT THE WARMING HAS BEEN GOING ON WAY BACK TO THE LAST ICE AGE.I also thank we are in line for one hell of a volcano in the Yellowstone. WE are going to get it and I dont think it will be worth living after word ,THERE WILL BE OCEAN WAVES FROM THAT ONE.I think there will be a sea in the mid west again.And the hills may be ok to live in...i really dont no.nor do you.
Drunk again?
hillbilly

United States

#12 Jan 1, 2013
Al Roker wrote:
I am old enough and smart enough to look at all sides.global warming is real . IT has been ganging weather patterns for the last few years. It will probably settle down in the next 50 years or so.AND MANS INDUSTRIALIZATION IN THE LAST 200 YEARS HAS HELPED IT ALONG. LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT. WE CAN DO ANYTHING.THATS WHO WE ARE...I HOPE CHINA GETS ON BOARD WITH THE SMART PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD.THERE IS SO MUCH PROOF THAT I WILL NOT TRY TO PUT IT ON HERE.I WOULD BE SETTING HERE FOR A WEEK.
hillbilly

United States

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Itsallcrap wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunk again?
NEW YEARS PARTY .YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE IT.IT IS PROBABLY LAST BEST ONE.LOL
hillbilly

United States

#14 Jan 1, 2013
John Connor wrote:
<quoted text>
Manbearpig
I AM WRITING A BIBLE CALLED JOHN CONNER JOKES.
Itsallcrap

United States

#15 Jan 5, 2013
hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text> I AM WRITING A BIBLE CALLED JOHN CONNER JOKES.
Probably sell good. How about "hillbilly: a study of inbreeding"?
hillbilly

United States

#16 Jan 5, 2013
FUNNY,HAHALOL
hillbilly

United States

#17 Jan 8, 2013
Al Roker wrote:
I think. I will plant my garden in FEB.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 457 38 min MarkJ- 16
KKutta (Mar '12) 49 min CCC 34
Who to call to turn in drug dealers? Tip line n... 57 min Easy Peazy 13
Poor Markj 58 min really 21
Soon Facebook will be FaceDown. 1 hr really 32
Sarah Elizabeth Bentley 1 hr Joe7 57
Justin Murdack and William Glavrias donate rubb... 1 hr Icepicks 12

West Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

West Huntington Mortgages