Joshua Porter dies from wounds suffered from an altercation at a home on 10th Street West.

Jun 23, 2011 Full story: WTCR-AM Huntington 61

Huntington Police say a man is dead after a Tuesday evening stabbing in West Huntington.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Vivian

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jun 23, 2011
Josh was a wonderful man, sure he had his issues--dont we all, but for this man to get away with killing him is complete bull. This girl had to know better than to see both these men. I hope she is able to live with herself after being responsible for the death of a man who would have bent over backwards to help anyone he ever knew. He was sweet and charming and could make you laugh on the worst day of your life. Sure he could make you mad and he could argue till you were blue in the face, but he was always there when you needed him and now over some stupid girl, he is gone forever. The man who did this is a coward---you dont bring knives--machettes--hunting knives whatever to a fist fight or an argument. I hope they turn it over to the grand jury and I hope he rots in hell. I hope someone somewhere makes him live in the worst pain and sadness he has ever felt. RIP Josh Porter We all miss and love you and I am sorry I am so sorry Josh. love you

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
Josh was a wonderful man, sure he had his issues--dont we all, but for this man to get away with killing him is complete bull. This girl had to know better than to see both these men. I hope she is able to live with herself after being responsible for the death of a man who would have bent over backwards to help anyone he ever knew. He was sweet and charming and could make you laugh on the worst day of your life. Sure he could make you mad and he could argue till you were blue in the face, but he was always there when you needed him and now over some stupid girl, he is gone forever. The man who did this is a coward---you dont bring knives--machettes--hunting knives whatever to a fist fight or an argument. I hope they turn it over to the grand jury and I hope he rots in hell. I hope someone somewhere makes him live in the worst pain and sadness he has ever felt. RIP Josh Porter We all miss and love you and I am sorry I am so sorry Josh. love you
It's her fault he was stabbed in self defense ? She might be a bad person but his death is not her fault.
Vivian

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jun 23, 2011
did not say it was her fault and not sure how the hell they call it self defense. but had she not been playing games with both these men none of this would have happened. Being responsible for something does not mean that you are necessarily the one who actually did it, but that your actions led up to the events and that is what i am saying her actions led to the death of a man who did not deserve to die. His death is partially her fault. the world is not simply black and white---there is a lot of grey as well as every other color....
Lol

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2011
He should have kept his ass out of it he went there to fight and guess what he lost
Vivian

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jun 23, 2011
and who are you---lol---really do you think it is funny???? how do you know he went there to fight---maybe he went there to talk---maybe he went there to have her decide between the two--maybe he went there to beat the guys ass or maybe he didnt but irregardless you dont bring a damn huge ass knife to a fucking fist fight. No girl is worth killing someone over---did you even know any of the people involved? or are you just some dumbass voicing opinions on matters they know nothing about

Location hidden

#6 Jun 23, 2011
Lol wrote:
He should have kept his ass out of it he went there to fight and guess what he lost
I agree.
ummm

Richmond, VA

#7 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
and who are you---lol---really do you think it is funny???? how do you know he went there to fight---maybe he went there to talk---maybe he went there to have her decide between the two--maybe he went there to beat the guys ass or maybe he didnt but irregardless you dont bring a damn huge ass knife to a fucking fist fight. No girl is worth killing someone over---did you even know any of the people involved? or are you just some dumbass voicing opinions on matters they know nothing about
Irregardless is not a word.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
I'm a father of 4 daughters. And every single one is worth fighting over.
Vivian

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jun 23, 2011
know what, you people are petty and pathetic--A man with two children lost his life. He died because the girl he was seeing was also seeing the man who killed him. His brother held him in his arms while he died. He was not some low life thieving, drug using, gang banging asshole with no morals. He was no threat to society. He had a family, a family who loves and misses him, a family who hurts, a family who are left to pick up the pieces. Josh was a good man. He was always there when you needed him. And person with the 4 daughters, if Josh had ever met you and your girls, he never would ever let anything bad happen to them---he was always looking out for others and demanded that the women he was with or around were treated with respect. You people want to correct my grammar or spelling or blame this death on Josh when you did not even know him, you dont even know what all the circumstances were, you want to make jokes and act like he got what was coming to him---how would you feel if it was your son--your dad--your boyfriend--your brother--because to be honest, it easily could one day be your loved one who is killed because of some dumb shit that never should happen---will you blame them then???
ummm

Richmond, VA

#10 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
know what, you people are petty and pathetic--A man with two children lost his life. He died because the girl he was seeing was also seeing the man who killed him. His brother held him in his arms while he died. He was not some low life thieving, drug using, gang banging asshole with no morals. He was no threat to society. He had a family, a family who loves and misses him, a family who hurts, a family who are left to pick up the pieces. Josh was a good man. He was always there when you needed him. And person with the 4 daughters, if Josh had ever met you and your girls, he never would ever let anything bad happen to them---he was always looking out for others and demanded that the women he was with or around were treated with respect. You people want to correct my grammar or spelling or blame this death on Josh when you did not even know him, you dont even know what all the circumstances were, you want to make jokes and act like he got what was coming to him---how would you feel if it was your son--your dad--your boyfriend--your brother--because to be honest, it easily could one day be your loved one who is killed because of some dumb shit that never should happen---will you blame them then???
Where did I say anything bad about the man? I didn't even know him but yes it is sad what has happened. Always is. I was just tryin to be nice and tell you irregardless isn't a word so you know not to use it anymore. Thank you
1 post removed
OLD FRIEND

Huntington, WV

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
Did Josh have a sister named Katie and a mom named Ena? I think I know him from childhood but I'm not sure. I would like to pay my last respects but I'm not sure if this is the same person .

“Merry Christmas and Happy New ”

Location hidden

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
I agree well put

“Merry Christmas and Happy New ”

Location hidden

#14 Jun 23, 2011
Vivian wrote:
I don't know him sorry to hear of this loss
think

Charleston, WV

#15 Jun 24, 2011
The news stories sure don't sound like he was at the man's house to "talk". He and his brother were there looking for trouble and they found it. There were plenty of poor decisions to go around that day, but the worst one was not to just stay home.
oh really

Bryant, FL

#16 Jun 24, 2011
The big problem is that a person has the right to defend himself. We weren't there, and people fights over everything nowadays. They don't fight with fists anylonger, its either with a second person or with knives or guns.
So if u look for trouble, then sometimes u become the victim. What would had happen if the tables were turned?
Dreamwhisper

Huntington, WV

#17 Jun 24, 2011
I for one understand Vivan's point... I don't know the situation or the people involved... But, If a female is stringing 2 men by the nose she is playing with emotions... Seems like this is a prob. for young ladies... My son to is strung by the nose like this and to watch the emotional rollercoaster that it threw him on... Well my child is not violent but.... He has confronted the other man in the past... And it could have turned out just like this... I wouldn't want the girl to completely blame herself but it would be nice if the young ladies and others like her would just learn a lesson from this tragedy... When you play with peoples emotion, people could die.... R.I.P. Josh I'm sure you were a good kid on a rollercoaster ride...
mrknowitall

Penn Laird, VA

#18 Jun 24, 2011
The moral of the story is stay off of other peoples property. If someone comes to my door uninvited they should expect to face the consequences. And.....shouldn't this Josh guy have been angry with the girl instead of the guy. She is technically the one who cheated.
Anonymous

Astoria, NY

#19 Jun 24, 2011
The point is that Josh should not have went to this man's home and tried to enter his home. The man wasn't just walking down the street with a knife, Josh took the problems to this Man's house!!
fed-up

United States

#20 Jun 24, 2011
They all sound like white-trash to me. More of Huntington's finest!!
Houdini

Westlake, OH

#21 Jun 24, 2011
If this man cared so deeply about his family and 2 daughters why did he get drunk and jump off the 6th street bridge? He did it as a stunt but the last few people that jumped off that bridge died! You can check out the story from wsaz a couple of weeks ago. He might not have deserved to die this time, but someone who cared about their family would not keep putting their life on danger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Del Boca Vista Bowl is tonight 43 min Observer 24
Byrd bartender at stats 45 min wop 14
Black and $200 Jordans 54 min wop 29
amanda pettyjohn 1 hr shelter in place 2
kkk 1 hr Tired 6
nikki coughenour 2 hr hahaha 48
Jenny Dempsey lil ceasers 2 hr hahaha 1
West Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web