33 million Americans now only use cel...

33 million Americans now only use cell phones at home

There are 26 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 28, 2008, titled 33 million Americans now only use cell phones at home. In it, Newsday reports that:

As mortgage banker Michael Balberchak received raises over the last several years, the 39-year-old moved to better apartments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Verizon employee LI

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Feb 29, 2008
Don't think for a moment that your getting a deal with our wireless service. We fake the numbers of problems and no service areas just to keep the boss from getting "RIF"ed.(fired)
And most of suffolk will never see FIOS, so don't hold your breath
Verizon will sell off the east suffolk plant to cablevision before they would build out fiber in east suffolk.
Keep your land line and only use it to receive calls and use your cell for calling. Big Savings!!!! Just do the math.
Verizon Blows

Norwalk, CT

#25 Mar 1, 2008
I have my third call into Verizon this year for "no dial tone" at home and it's only March 1st.

Some string and two empty beer cans provide more reliable service.
Be patient

West New York, NJ

#26 Mar 2, 2008
Verizon Blows wrote:
I have my third call into Verizon this year for "no dial tone" at home and it's only March 1st.
I think their work season is from May 15th through September 10th. Be patient.
whatonearth

Amityville, NY

#27 Mar 2, 2008
I'm one of them. And Hank, you are wrong about the cost. My landline phone cost more per month than my cell phone. As nobody's fool said, i got tired of all the taxes and surcharges and fees that added about $30 to my bill.
Good riddance to verizon.
Hugh Jass

United States

#28 Mar 3, 2008
i only have a landline, and it cost me $30 bucks a month. Free long distance too !

How much do people here pay per month ? Dont forget those extra charges for going over your minutes, texting, etc....
Louie the Loser

Norwalk, CT

#29 Mar 3, 2008
I can yell out the window to communicate my desire for beer and smokes. I don't want a phone and my creditors can't find me. Life is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) 1 hr Amin 79
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 4 hr Bruser 8,318
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 20 hr Bruser 2,651
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Mon James 20
News Kings Park residents want more police around ps... Jul 23 Sandra Sue Rounds 2
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Jul 22 nancys 147
News Standoff ends peacefully in Huntington (May '08) Jul 19 Steam roller 85

West Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Hills Mortgages