where is justice

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2012
My minor mentally challanged son takes GED classes at Phillips County Community College. Today during break time he was talking to two students right outside the building(Raymond Stevens and his brother live in projects 107 Baker Street in West Helena)Raymond asked my son if he could use his phone to call his mom. The two boys took the the iphone 4gs and ran toward the hill. My son, like a idiot chased them onl...y to loose them around Blundells trailer park. I went to the college and asked the teacher for the boys names, keep in mind the boys are over 18, and the teacher tells me it is confidential and she can't tell me their names. I called for HWH police department to come. In the mean time college security comes and asked me for my name and information about me like I had done something wrong. Cyrus Vance then came in and I proceded to tell him what happened when he cut me off and said "your son chased the boys and ended up off campus and because he left campus on break he is expelled for good". He also said that if my son let the boy use the phone that it "was not stealing". My son asked Mr. Vance, "If I ask to use your phone and take off running, I can just keep it? you would not say I stole it?"Mr. Vance replied "I am not stupid enough to let anyone use my phone".So now is he calling my kid stupid?Security then said that I could not talk to the HWH police on campus that I had to leave and take my kid since he had left campus and could no longer be a student. I had to go to the police department where I had to fill out a police report. Although I then knew the boys names and I have a tracking device on the phone and could locate it to 107 Baker Street, nothing can be done about it until the judge says so. By then the phone will be long gone.Where is justice?
Not Here

Bryant, AR

#2 Sep 21, 2012
where is justice wrote:
My minor mentally challanged son takes GED classes at Phillips County Community College. Today during break time he was talking to two students right outside the building(Raymond Stevens and his brother live in projects 107 Baker Street in West Helena)Raymond asked my son if he could use his phone to call his mom. The two boys took the the iphone 4gs and ran toward the hill. My son, like a idiot chased them onl...y to loose them around Blundells trailer park. I went to the college and asked the teacher for the boys names, keep in mind the boys are over 18, and the teacher tells me it is confidential and she can't tell me their names. I called for HWH police department to come. In the mean time college security comes and asked me for my name and information about me like I had done something wrong. Cyrus Vance then came in and I proceded to tell him what happened when he cut me off and said "your son chased the boys and ended up off campus and because he left campus on break he is expelled for good". He also said that if my son let the boy use the phone that it "was not stealing". My son asked Mr. Vance, "If I ask to use your phone and take off running, I can just keep it? you would not say I stole it?"Mr. Vance replied "I am not stupid enough to let anyone use my phone".So now is he calling my kid stupid?Security then said that I could not talk to the HWH police on campus that I had to leave and take my kid since he had left campus and could no longer be a student. I had to go to the police department where I had to fill out a police report. Although I then knew the boys names and I have a tracking device on the phone and could locate it to 107 Baker Street, nothing can be done about it until the judge says so. By then the phone will be long gone.Where is justice?
Constitutional Justice is surely not in the City Of Helena-West Helena. The only justice here is the justice that you create for yourself... This sounds like something from the Mississippi Burning or A Time to kill... No justice lives here! Only in Hell-town would this be allowed to happen, especially to a minor child.
just me

Santa Barbara, CA

#3 Sep 21, 2012
i understand. i'm going through the same thing with the cops. they say nothing they can do.
just me

Santa Barbara, CA

#4 Sep 21, 2012
and i've been to the mayor and the chief. samething both places
lljustice

West Helena, AR

#5 Sep 21, 2012
lesson learned.
Karma never sleeps
and those walmart go phones get great signal, and less likely to get stole.
lljustice

West Helena, AR

#6 Sep 21, 2012
Im sure those kids have a mom too. try reverse lookup. I'm sure you had an attitude while you were up there too. Try honey, it gets your more than shit.
sad

West Helena, AR

#7 Sep 21, 2012
should have gone to the game tonight and picked you up 15 Good Ol' Boys, then gone to walmart picked up baseball bats and gone to get your phone back. Walk Tall and carry a big stick.
STIMPY

Tinsley, MS

#8 Sep 22, 2012
As far as being expelled for " leaving campus" I would contact an official at the university of arkansas and see what could be done, also find someone at the state department of education to write to.

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 22, 2012
Be sure since the other 2 boys left campus also that they are expelled as well. If not demand so. And sue the person in charge of making that decision. Don't sue the school, no since others education should be affected, but definitely sue the person.
Reality Check

Bryant, AR

#10 Sep 22, 2012
b_rad_ wrote:
Be sure since the other 2 boys left campus also that they are expelled as well. If not demand so. And sue the person in charge of making that decision. Don't sue the school, no since others education should be affected, but definitely sue the person.
Loving this new b_rad!!! So affectionate, lol!!

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 22, 2012
Catatonic to Epiphany

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Helena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr WARRIOR 29,903
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 11 hr Granpa bilbo 10,067
ooooo them sonnava btches!! 15 hr Grammar Police 7
Desoto Mons 16 hr Guest 17
Student Fight at Kipp Delta Charter School in H... (Oct '11) 17 hr parent 40
matthew Gerrand 18 hr guest 3
Goodin @ barton Sep 29 BHS football 3
West Helena Dating
Find my Match

West Helena Jobs

West Helena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Helena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Helena