#1 Feb 2, 2009
Anyone remember it?
nelly bobo

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2009
sure do. is it still there?

Paragould, AR

#3 Feb 5, 2009
no. its been gone a looong time. a circleN is there now.
btw, you're telling your age now. heh
Ebby T

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2009
Was Clarks on the corner of Plaza near Dixie Furniture?

Paragould, AR

#5 Feb 7, 2009
no, it was where the 'circle N' exxon store is now. close to wal-mart.

Wynne, AR

#6 Apr 23, 2009
guest wrote:
Anyone remember it?
you must have been gone for along time because back in 88 mr.clark was murdered in his front yard. He was a very sweet man and I still remember him wasnt old enough to go to his store yet but I was his neighbor and we where always on our front porch when he got home from closing the store and he never complained about all the noise those teenage kids made in the summer.

Paragould, AR

#7 Apr 26, 2009
yes, been gone a very long time. and yes, i agree he was a very nice man.
RDavis

Dyersburg, TN

#8 May 7, 2009
I remember the store, my Grandparents had a house right beside the store with a big garden between them. I can remember walking through the garden to go and by candy. Man, that was a long time ago! I really miss them days. I live in Tn, both Granparents are dead, they tore down there house as well. I think the street was named Quarles Lane.
freet

Tyler, TX

#9 May 13, 2009
RDavis wrote:
I remember the store, my Grandparents had a house right beside the store with a big garden between them. I can remember walking through the garden to go and by candy. Man, that was a long time ago! I really miss them days. I live in Tn, both Granparents are dead, they tore down there house as well. I think the street was named Quarles Lane.
Yes the street is named Quarles Lane, on that corner is all business now, circle in gas station, walmart on other side and a shopping center there as well.
Boots

Trumann, AR

#10 Jul 21, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>you must have been gone for along time because back in 88 mr.clark was murdered in his front yard. He was a very sweet man and I still remember him wasnt old enough to go to his store yet but I was his neighbor and we where always on our front porch when he got home from closing the store and he never complained about all the noise those teenage kids made in the summer.
Mr Clark's murder is what gave H. R. Williams his idea for his novel, THE WHISKEY KILLING.

Bossier City, LA

#11 Jul 21, 2009
I'm only 32 and I remember that store. My step-dad used to stop there and get himself a "roadpop". That town has gone straight into the sh*tt*r.

Searcy, AR

#12 Jul 23, 2009
Boots wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Clark's murder is what gave H. R. Williams his idea for his novel, THE WHISKEY KILLING.
Have you read the book,I have never heard of it.I will be trying to find it now.Mr.Clark and his family were some of the kindess neighbors you could ever ask for.
Terry Proffitt

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 7, 2010
I'm wondering if you're related to Ernest Davis. He was a very good friend years ago, both to me and my family when we lived in West Helena.
Randy Davis

Dyersburg, TN

#14 Feb 11, 2010
That was my uncle, my dads name was Leslie, he also died, he was 52. I live in Dyersburg,TN.
jessie james

West Helena, AR

#15 Jan 17, 2011
i remember old clarks store..miss them good ole days
Bmizzle Himselfz

West Helena, AR

#16 Jan 19, 2011
Was that the store where the new daycare is across from Food Giant?
Jenny Obvious

West Helena, AR

#17 Jan 20, 2011
No, it was over by the industrial part.
Been away for awhile

United States

#18 Jan 20, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't mr clark and another old man murdered in that store during a robbery? Then they closed and tore the building down shortly after that?
Not as smart as u think

Helena, AR

#19 Jan 22, 2011
yes he was killed in the store during a robbery. A black guy took the rap for the real killer, the second robber, so the story on the street goes.
Lambrook Citizen

West Helena, AR

#20 Oct 24, 2011
The second individual was white and he did time. His name was Kenneth Chadwick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Helena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
willie and methany (Mar '14) 3 hr guest 17
elizabeth wright Thu mr chow 2
who is she Wed PROUD BLACK WOMAN 28
Lindley & Associates Heating & Air Mar 24 cindy 1
Lindley & Associates Heating & Air Mar 24 cindy 1
daddy fetish? Mar 23 guest 3
like to know Mar 22 Voter 3
West Helena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web