Helena-West Helena crime
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 13, 2011
With all the crime in the Helena-West Helena area, why aren't all the crimes reported in the newspaper? How does the newspaper decide which crimes to report? I am aware of much that has gone on, but I never find anything reported in the paper.

What is the process of getting a copy of a police report from Helena-West Helena police department? Anyone know?
Lee Young

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Hunting Hunter wrote:
With all the crime in the Helena-West Helena area, why aren't all the crimes reported in the newspaper? How does the newspaper decide which crimes to report? I am aware of much that has gone on, but I never find anything reported in the paper.
What is the process of getting a copy of a police report from Helena-West Helena police department? Anyone know?
The problem is the paper has elected to have a so-called police reporter, BETTY ADAMS, on its payroll and she is also drawing a salary as a police dispatcher for the city. Talk about a conflict of interest.
marcia seatt

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2011
they do not want people to know how much danger is in our town,some crimes are not even solves,why?

“NSA”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 14, 2011
i wonder why they didnt post in the paper ronnie white got robbed?..ah ha ha anyone hear the same thing? if true how weak is that..id fire myself if i was him...and if you want the daily world to post all the crime....then andrew valley gotta be involved in it first..i hate that ignorant theiving idiot also but geez give us some dirt of someone else for a change..

“NSA”

Location hidden

#5 Mar 14, 2011
and wats up with the man lady margaret koss getting a letter of some BS for doing her job...ant they why she gets paycheck?..it seems like there so use to our cops being stupid worthless mostly fat slobs...someone catches a criminal and bam...its a big deal!!!..h311 i do what my job pays me to do everyday...were my dam letter?..lol..i read that and i was like sht they got to be joking...a person getting paid to do this stuff...does it...then get a letter for the BS and in the paper..and the website..lol wtf???..where's all the letters for the doctors for saving peoples lives everyday (not this hospital) and letters for everyone else in the world that do what they get paid to do...bunch of idiots
I still miss you

West Helena, AR

#6 Mar 14, 2011
The reason papers do such a terrible job reporting crime is that almost ALL American papers are foriegn owned and are only about selling ads, not reporting news. (and they wonder why almost all newspapers are going broke as people turn more and more to the www for their news)

“NSA”

Location hidden

#7 Mar 15, 2011
foreign people suck..and the www is where i go for news..the only thing that makes the dailycrap website better than the paper itself is thats its free..the dailycrap is not worth the money to buy it..you have the ediotrs posts.which is crap he thinks is interesting and seems to think everyone else does..then the lil weird girl the "sucky angel" or some sht that whines and crys about sht that only pertains to her..blah blah..BORING!..i go to the police report then the very pitiful classified ads...then get disappointed then have a brief moment of mumbleing cuss words about the 75 cents i wasted that could have made me happier at daylight donut..then check the internet for the whats really happening..anyways to the editor and staff and wat not RANDY or hogan or logan or somesht.. we will need you to keep on keeping on with the papers though..once the animal shelter comes alive we will need your paper for puppy pads and such :)
I still miss you

West Helena, AR

#8 Mar 15, 2011
great comment b_rad, I gree!
I still miss you

West Helena, AR

#9 Mar 15, 2011
agree

“NSA”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 15, 2011
glad you i gree ,) i should write him a letter.. telling him how it sucks and to tell him to let his writing skills grow a pair.. a hand written would be more personal..but letters cut out the dailyworld and glued to paper to say what i want to would add a lil humor to it...well on my behalf anyhow....he he!..yup i think i may just do that...hmmm think i should make the return postal address andrew valley's..?
I still miss you

West Helena, AR

#11 Mar 16, 2011
:-)

“NSA”

Location hidden

#12 Mar 16, 2011
curious to knw what other name you post under..
Billy

Arvin, CA

#13 Mar 18, 2011
West Helena's crime rate has risen dramatically in the past 5 years
mister

West Helena, AR

#14 Mar 18, 2011
and is almost double the national average
pop

West Helena, AR

#15 Mar 19, 2011
Actually, in some areas it far exceeds the national average.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#16 Mar 23, 2011
yea i knw...i wish we had cops in this town..mabe we should think about hiring some someday!...we can get them to replace the pv$$ies on cellphones all the time riding we somehow let drive the cop cars..
mister

West Helena, AR

#17 Mar 23, 2011
well, in all fairness the cops arrest many and then even if the crime calls for a 25 year sentence the system lets them out in like 3 months, so they probably say why bother. on tv they say it costs like $30K/year to keep an inmate. Common sense says that's BS, most people in the free world live well on a LOT less than that. They don't pay guards much so guess who gets the money --> bureaucrats shuffling worthless papers.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 24, 2011
Remember back in the day when the newspaper used to print the "who/what/where/when & why" on what the police did. I remember because when I was picked up, it was in the paper. If they started doing that again, the Daily World would probably sell more papers. Just saying...
Now that's news you can use.

“NSA”

Location hidden

#19 Mar 28, 2011
yea our paper is really shtty... i have read more interesting thing's on the walls of male urinals at the conoco's restrooms!

Location hidden

#20 Mar 28, 2011
The newspaper isn't even worthy enough to line a birdcage!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Helena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Give her a drank 5 hr Sighh 62
TJ Muffoletto 6 hr Guest 2
Queen campers 18 hr guest 4
Helena Crime Sep 12 Guest 25
Weres jerry ferebee and dena ferebee at now days Sep 12 Fast moment 1
Corbitts Sep 9 Marcus Leary 15
I'll fight you Right Now! (Aug '15) Sep 7 Guest 13

West Helena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance