News Channel celebrates 60th birthday

News Channel celebrates 60th birthday

There are 33 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Jun 15, 2008, titled News Channel celebrates 60th birthday. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

New Haven _ WTNH is celebrating a milestone Sunday, turning 60. News Channel 8 was the first television station in Southern New England.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DAN

United States

#23 Dec 17, 2008
Does anyone remember the person Mr. Goober used to speak with on the telephone. . . Carton Sellers
Mike

Levittown, NY

#25 Feb 16, 2009
Does anyone have any of the old Mr. Goober shows? It would be nice to see them again... maybe posted on You Tube!
Art

Woonsocket, RI

#26 Jul 5, 2009
I Remember Mr.Goober's theme.It was a instrumental
version of Roger Miller's"Chug-A-Lug" .I think the lead instrument was a saxophone.
Joe B

New Haven, CT

#27 Mar 17, 2010
I used to watch Admiral Jack in the morning before school every day. I don't know if Mr. Goober and the Admiral were aroung at the same time, but I do know that they were in reality one and the same guy, and he did a helluva job. I actually think Mr. Goober was around longer than Admiral Jack.
Bong hits for christ

Spotsylvania, VA

#28 Mar 22, 2010
CPL D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff, what is wrong with farm animals???
Moo, life your tale for me bossie, I have needs that need to be met.
bob

United States

#29 Jul 24, 2011
does any one rember the High School Band Trapp that played on Dialing for Dollar's?
Vinnie

Sterling, CO

#30 Dec 9, 2011
People who Bash Gay people ,are usually Gay themselve's MIKE BOGUS !
Chris

United States

#31 Jan 1, 2012
Mike wrote:
Living on Long Island, I used to get WNHC Channel 8 fairly strong just using the rabbit ears on the back of a portable tv in the early 70's. I used to love Mr. Goober and specifically remember a special show on Thanksgiving Day (1972) when he was being interviewed by the host on the WNHC talk show "Conn-Tact". The show was absolutely hysterical and Mister Goober had the host and crew in tears from the inside jokes and laughter! Is Mister Goober still alive? What is his real name? Does anyone have any old tv clips of the show? What was the name and artist of the closing theme song when he would end the show by stating "You be good to each other now, won't you"
My grandmother Pauline Epps babysat Mike Warren's kids in the late 60's, early 70's. We lived in Branford, CT. Mr. Goober still owes my late grandmother money!
El Jefe

Bolton, CT

#32 Feb 26, 2012
Where is Mr.Goober (Mike Warren)?? I remember his show as a kid. There was a 19 inch black and white TV in my mothers "moms room" and I remember watching it all the time.I remember one part clearly, when it was time for a cartoon, Mr. Goober would say "Turn the crank, Frank". I wish I could find some clips to watch of the show. How was FRANK?
JR, South Windsor, CT.
El Jefe

Bolton, CT

#33 Feb 26, 2012
Who, was Frank... not How.. oops
Sandra Perry

United States

#34 Jul 26, 2012
Hello all, I was one of the children on Mr. Goober show. I am now 49 years old. What fun I had on the show. Do anyone have any information on the tapes of the Show. I want to show my son the tapes. My email address is [email protected]

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#35 Feb 12, 2013
Many congrats on 60 outstanding years of service to the public.
Allen

Bennington, VT

#36 Jul 16, 2013
Sandra Perry wrote:
Hello all, I was one of the children on Mr. Goober show. I am now 49 years old. What fun I had on the show. Do anyone have any information on the tapes of the Show. I want to show my son the tapes. My email address is [email protected]
Did you ever find any copies? My mother and uncle were on the show as well. I'm trying to find copies for her 50th birthday. Please email me if you have. [email protected] thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport Jun 25 America Gentleman... 1
News Former police officer pleads guilty in Internet... (Apr '08) Jun 21 lavon affair 11
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 20 Homeboynot 20,366
Metro pc's. Spies on personal calls. Jun 16 West haven 2
News Ernie Newton wants to run city dump Jun 12 Samuels Furnace Man 9
News United Illuminating wants higher rates: $141-mi... Jun 8 America Gentleman... 9
Car Accident in Branford (Jun '08) Jun 8 Her cousin 24

West Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Haven Mortgages