Fatal motorcycle crash in West Haven

Fatal motorcycle crash in West Haven

There are 144 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Jul 3, 2008, titled Fatal motorcycle crash in West Haven. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

West Haven police this morning are investigating a deadly crash that killed a motorcyclist.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Melissa

Boston, MA

#1 Jul 3, 2008
This article appears as if it was written for a high school newspaper. It's so poorly written that I'm surprised that WTNH put it up on their site!
DOGGER

Litchfield, CT

#2 Jul 3, 2008
We will wait and see but I'll bet the car turned in front of the bike.I'll also bet we won't hear about it if he did.
Appalled

Wolcott, CT

#3 Jul 3, 2008
10 deaths in 2 months. That is to much!! When are people going to realize that bikes have just as much right to be on the road as cars do. Poeple have to be careful! And people that are riding bikes have to realize that they are not invincible! Take it slow! Ride Safe everyone!!
Lenny

Bloomfield, CT

#4 Jul 3, 2008
Why I sold my superglide.
I just couldn't enjoy it anymore, riding paranoid
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#5 Jul 3, 2008
I am working with my local legislator to increase the cellphone fine to 500 dollars. Many of these deaths can be attributed to cellphone use. Please call your local legislators and ask for a stiffer cell phone fine and a reduction in gas tax.
david webb

Germany

#6 Jul 3, 2008
Motorcycles are for morons you all speed like aholes and then when you get killed oh how could this happen.
nothing but motor cycle gang thugs you are
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#7 Jul 3, 2008
david webb wrote:
Motorcycles are for morons you all speed like aholes and then when you get killed oh how could this happen.
nothing but motor cycle gang thugs you are
I am glad you live in Europe.
Debbie -North Haven

Bristol, CT

#8 Jul 3, 2008
I BLAME THE GOD DAMN GAS PUMPS.. IF OUR PRICES WEREN'T SO HIGH, THERE WOULD BE LESS BIKERS OUT THERE ON THE ROAD.. WAY TO GO JODI RELL
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#9 Jul 3, 2008
Bikes are not the problem. People don't cut off tractor trailers, they only cut off bikes because they don't look and correctly make left turns or pull out with out looking properly. This accounts for 80% of motorcycle fatalities.
someone

United States

#10 Jul 3, 2008
Brian wrote:
Bikes are not the problem. People don't cut off tractor trailers, they only cut off bikes because they don't look and correctly make left turns or pull out with out looking properly. This accounts for 80% of motorcycle fatalities.
Are you kidding me!! Have you been on 95 or 91 lately people are always cutting in front of tractor trailors. Bikers do have every right to be on the road but they also must drive more carefully. 9 times out of 10 there is some moron going 80mph on your bumper weaving in and out of cars. I had a guy on a harley pass between me and another car on the dotted line on the Merrit Parkway. I was going 70. Now was there really a need for that.
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#11 Jul 3, 2008
Actually the highway is the safest place for a motorcycle to be. 30% of fatalities happen on highways. 70% happen on 2 lanes secondary roads.

You can't take a few bad apples and say that all are bad. If so, all car drivers would be bad.

I happen to ride a Harley, I have a four year degree and make 120k per year. We are all not dirtbags or have a death wish. Besides you need me alive to pay for Connecticut liberal agenda.
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#12 Jul 3, 2008
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me!! Have you been on 95 or 91 lately people are always cutting in front of tractor trailors. Bikers do have every right to be on the road but they also must drive more carefully. 9 times out of 10 there is some moron going 80mph on your bumper weaving in and out of cars. I had a guy on a harley pass between me and another car on the dotted line on the Merrit Parkway. I was going 70. Now was there really a need for that.
I agree with you, There is a group of stupid cyclist out there. I happen to NOT be one of them. I ride the speed limit and drive defensively.
Yeah right

Ashford, CT

#13 Jul 3, 2008
"I BLAME THE GOD DAMN GAS PUMPS.. IF OUR PRICES WEREN'T SO HIGH, THERE WOULD BE LESS BIKERS OUT THERE ON THE ROAD.. WAY TO GO JODI RELL "

Does your mommy know you're on her computer? What an idiot you are. Typical democRATic voter.
DLP

Hamden, CT

#14 Jul 3, 2008
I saw all the commotion last night, and can tell you that the bikers in WH that I see riding around on a regular basis seem to think they're invincible. I ride on 91 every day and can tell you with 100% certainty that the bikers I see weave in and out of traffic with total disregard for everyone else, thinking that everyone should get out of THEIR way. If they get hit, the other bikers can say it's the cars fault, bikers always get cut off....blah, blah, blah...BS, I don't know of many, if any, bikers that abide by the rules of the road as though they were in a car

Getting back to last night, my heart goes out to the family of the motorcyclist, I will say a prayer for them.
Brian in CT

Newington, CT

#15 Jul 3, 2008
I ride a Harley and I have noticed a decline in the driving skills of motorists in cars. We as a nation need to realize this and take individual steps to constantly improve our driving skills. With the price of gas constantly increasing, you will see more alternate forms of transportation. Some of these will be autos that are made to be a light and fuel efficient as possible. Whe you are driving one of these, you will also be aware of the declining driving skills I mentioned. Riding a motorcycle brings your awareness front and center. We all need to be more humanistic in our behaviors while driving so everyone can enjoy driving through this great country. I also agree with raising the cell phone fine to $500.
Start improving your skills today. Look twice before turning, don't be distracted while driving and watch out for motorcyclists. I'll be watching.
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#16 Jul 3, 2008
DLP wrote:
I saw all the commotion last night, and can tell you that the bikers in WH that I see riding around on a regular basis seem to think they're invincible. I ride on 91 every day and can tell you with 100% certainty that the bikers I see weave in and out of traffic with total disregard for everyone else, thinking that everyone should get out of THEIR way. If they get hit, the other bikers can say it's the cars fault, bikers always get cut off....blah, blah, blah...BS, I don't know of many, if any, bikers that abide by the rules of the road as though they were in a car
Getting back to last night, my heart goes out to the family of the motorcyclist, I will say a prayer for them.
Put down your cell phone and pay attention!
mehot

Newington, CT

#17 Jul 3, 2008
Ooo Brian are you single?
Brian

Wallingford, CT

#18 Jul 3, 2008
Brian in CT wrote:
I ride a Harley and I have noticed a decline in the driving skills of motorists in cars. We as a nation need to realize this and take individual steps to constantly improve our driving skills. With the price of gas constantly increasing, you will see more alternate forms of transportation. Some of these will be autos that are made to be a light and fuel efficient as possible. Whe you are driving one of these, you will also be aware of the declining driving skills I mentioned. Riding a motorcycle brings your awareness front and center. We all need to be more humanistic in our behaviors while driving so everyone can enjoy driving through this great country. I also agree with raising the cell phone fine to $500.
Start improving your skills today. Look twice before turning, don't be distracted while driving and watch out for motorcyclists. I'll be watching.
Nicely said Brian, As I said before not all of us are crazy riders.
Appalled

Wolcott, CT

#19 Jul 3, 2008
david webb wrote:
Motorcycles are for morons you all speed like aholes and then when you get killed oh how could this happen.
nothing but motor cycle gang thugs you are
How would you know what goes on in the USA?
Appalled

Wolcott, CT

#20 Jul 3, 2008
DLP wrote:
I don't know of many, if any, bikers that abide by the rules of the road as though they were in a car


How ingnorant are you? Just because you see a few people in your particular area that ride like idiots does not mean that all bikers ride like idiots. It is the one's that fool around that you notice, and are the ones that give all riders a bad name. Most bike riders are safe riders and do abide by the laws. More so than people that drive cars!! Everyone needs to share the road. It is a very basic skill that we are taught when we are little kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get ready for our next heat wave Wed BPT 1
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Tue Gavone 11
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) Jul 18 MOMBACH lucifer 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 17 observer 20,964
News Feds: Norwalk doctors charged in fraud, ran pil... Jul 16 Gavone 3
News Bridgeport man charged in Milford murder (Mar '10) Jul 14 Yep 11
Domingo Rodriguez RIP (Jul '06) Jul 13 Kim 3

West Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Haven Mortgages