Police Dog Takes on Man Attacking Norwalk Officer

Jun 26, 2011 Full story: The Daily Norwalk 15

A man armed with two steak knives charged a Norwalk Police officer Saturday but found himself dealing with the officer's police dog, Czar, who probably saved the officer's life, according to Sgt.

Full Story
MRS AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Jun 27, 2011
Wonderful job by Officer Reda and Czar!
BPT

New Britain, CT

#4 Jun 27, 2011
those dogs are scary, just in the back of the car!!!

good job czar.....cook him up a steak and the grill and a nice big bowl of ice water;)

Since: Jun 11

Liechtenstein

#5 Jun 27, 2011
People in hell need ice water.
Joyce

Bronx, NY

#6 Jun 27, 2011
all the people in South Norwalk need ice water then.
Nice Doggy

Waterbury, CT

#7 Jun 27, 2011
Go get 'em doggy! What kind of idiot goes after a cop with a dog that's trained to kill for him? Must have thought he was dealing with a poodle. Give Czar a medal and extra treats. Give the idiot some time in jail.
Dog Trainer

United States

#8 Jun 27, 2011
Nice Doggy wrote:
Go get 'em doggy! What kind of idiot goes after a cop with a dog that's trained to kill for him? Must have thought he was dealing with a poodle. Give Czar a medal and extra treats. Give the idiot some time in jail.
police dogs are not trained to kill. I suggest you do some research before you post and make a fool of yourself
MRS AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#9 Jun 27, 2011
Dog Trainer wrote:
<quoted text>police dogs are not trained to kill. I suggest you do some research before you post and make a fool of yourself
I do agree with you but too bad they are not in some cases!
Poison Ivy

Moodus, CT

#11 Jun 27, 2011
Not too many people want to get pounced on by K-9 dogs, they can rip someone up pretty damn good. Maybe those dogs aren't really trained to kill, but if one gets let loose on somebody trying to attack his or her owner, they can do serious damage. Actually, if I ever saw one coming after me, I'd just die of a heart attack.
Andy

Bethel, CT

#13 Jun 27, 2011
PACK OF NIGS wrote:
The Norwalk Police Departments K-9's are as poorly trained as the as the idiots that are the officers. I say get rid of the K-9's as the Norwalk police Department has way to many issues with drug and alcohol abuse within its ranks to be trusted to handle a black animal.
So true.
MRS AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Jun 28, 2011
PACK OF MUTS wrote:
The Norwalk Police Departments K-9's are as poorly trained as the as the idiots that are the officers. I say get rid of the K-9's as the Norwalk police Department has way to many issues with drug and alcohol abuse within its ranks to be trusted to handle a dog.
Bull
john

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2011
PACK OF MUTS wrote:
The Norwalk Police Departments K-9's are as poorly trained as the as the idiots that are the officers. I say get rid of the K-9's as the Norwalk police Department has way to many issues with drug and alcohol abuse within its ranks to be trusted to handle a dog.
sad but true
Lete Perman

Chicago, IL

#17 Jun 28, 2011
I heard that police dogs lick their asses in order to get the taste of nog out of their mouths. Can't say I blame them...
Niikk

Port Chester, NY

#19 Jun 28, 2011
PACK OF MUTS wrote:
THIS IS A TROLL POST. THAT ONE GUY YOU SEE POSTING ALL THE 3RD GRADE INSULTS AND MADE UP SPAM NUMBERS. THE NORWALK POLICE TOWED HIS PRIUS SEVERAL TIMES, HE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT IT AND NOW POSTS ALL ANTI POLICE AND MAKES UP CRIME STATS TOO.
PAY ATTENTION, YOU CANNOT MISS HIS POSTS, CLEARLY HE IS NOT THAT SMART
spt29

Bronx, NY

#21 Jun 28, 2011
norwalk is no where near Big 3 Dangerous City NHaven BPort HRTford.Norwalk is decent city with little crime issues.
Niikk

Port Chester, NY

#23 Jun 28, 2011
spt29 wrote:
norwalk is no where near Big 3 Dangerous City NHaven BPort HRTford.Norwalk is decent city with little crime issues.
NORWALK IS SAFE, THERE IS ONE PERSON POSTING MADE UP CRIME STATS AND ALWAYS DIGGING AT THE POLICE. I WILL GIVE YOU A HIT "SECTION 8 WITH COMPUTER" LIVING IN AREAS WE FEEL BAD FOR THE KIDS GROWING UP IN.
NORWALK IS SAFE, ITS JUST BECOME A NASTY GHETTO PLACE.
JUST A BUNCH OF G MONIES DRIVING AROUND LIKE THEY ARE IN PR OR AFRICA BUT SONO STILL HAS NICE PLACES THAT GHETTO PEOPLE CANNOT AFFORD TO DRINK AT.
THE OTHER GUY IS A TROLL, BEEN CALLED OUT AND NOW JUST SPAMS AND ANSWERS HIMSELF.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut Style on News Channel 8 (Jul '11) 14 hr Pamela W 3
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) 15 hr jack 3,426
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Parents Investigation on DCF in CT (Feb '09) Mon Satan nocks 42
abbie Dec 13 abe 1
Derby couple with pizza-making past open new jo... Dec 12 Derrick_and_Crystal 8
Site specific show utilizes former Milford trai... Dec 10 American Gentlema... 1
West Haven Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Haven News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Haven

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:33 am PST