NAACP Decries "Urban Apartheid"

Mar 28, 2013 Full story: New Haven Independent

Black New Haveners lag 40 points behind white peers on reading tests, have half the average income of white families, and are concentrated together in struggling neighborhoods.

Read more
Nate F

Peoria, IL

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Finally... someone living up to the mission and purpose of the NAACP. NAACP leaders should challenge our society to strive to be better in areas of inequity.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#3 Mar 29, 2013
blk people are truly counting on the school system to educate their children. then when they find that their child can barely read at the standard level, they still don't seem to "get" it.

i would NEVER rely on a public school to teach my child reading skills..

as a matter of fact, my child would not even be in these schools. i would home school mine.

economics, home ownership and being isolated to "urban" areas is a problem for most majority blk occupied cities and towns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr shamed 19,734
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) Sun CDinCT 3,788
Review: Benanto Real Estate (Aug '13) Mar 27 Upset Customer 2
News Milford Police: Bridgeport Man Charges with Dru... Mar 25 American Gentlema... 5
News Former Sears executive says it is time for stru... (May '14) Mar 21 Boomers beware 4
News Manslaughter charged in drug case (Mar '09) Mar 20 The truth is spoken 97
News Juries can be tough to convince Mar 10 American Gentlema... 1
West Haven Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]