Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#46100 Jan 24, 2013
TerryE wrote:
"The Clinton Surplus Myth"
Thank God! Someone else sees that! I like your style! As I've said many times, go back to the to the first two years of the Clinton travesty. There was a big push for more taxes. One Biggie was the
"Carbon Tax" He had both houses of Congress and they dutifully passed every thing he wanted. They got washed out in the next election! The new Republican House of Reps put Clinton on a spending diet and that diet actually slowed down spending somewhat. It was the Repubicans in the house that caused any surpluses, not free spending Clinton!
"My president was elected by dead people!"
Regards, Terri
so why do you claim republicans "caused any surpluses" if it is a myth?
good example of you using "doublethink".

"The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient,"
Franklin Templeton

Newark, NJ

#46102 Jan 24, 2013
Thurlow Weed wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so cute Lulu! Stalin and his gang used to describe their ideological opponents as crazy also. Don't you wish you had a gulag to put all the "crazy" people into?
This might be true but he was just using this as an excuse to oppress dissidents who didn't agree with his dictatorial policies...

So, this is an example of you using anything out of the blue and twistijng it to conform to your warped view of how things should be in your nutty world.

You on the other hand are truly insane...unlike Stalins victims.
truth

Erie, PA

#46104 Jan 24, 2013
TerryE wrote:
"The Clinton Surplus Myth"
Thank God! Someone else sees that! I like your style! As I've said many times, go back to the to the first two years of the Clinton travesty. There was a big push for more taxes. One Biggie was the
"Carbon Tax" He had both houses of Congress and they dutifully passed every thing he wanted. They got washed out in the next election! The new Republican House of Reps put Clinton on a spending diet and that diet actually slowed down spending somewhat. It was the Repubicans in the house that caused any surpluses, not free spending Clinton!
"My president was elected by dead people!"
Regards, Terri
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/ 02/the-budget-and-deficit-unde r-clinton/
truth

Erie, PA

#46105 Jan 24, 2013
TaxNoMore

New Castle, PA

#46110 Jan 24, 2013
I'm feeling

seasick.

//////
Not again

Harrisburg, PA

#46112 Jan 25, 2013

With Harrisburg already in trouble, I guess they think it is more important to take away a persons second Amendment Rights than it is to have one of the biggest events that brings a lot of money into Harrisburg. Eastern Sportmen Show.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#46113 Jan 25, 2013
Not again wrote:
With Harrisburg already in trouble, I guess they think it is more important to take away a persons second Amendment Rights than it is to have one of the biggest events that brings a lot of money into Harrisburg. Eastern Sportmen Show.
and who is this "they" your posting about?
Marisa Winston Peanut huh

Chambersburg, PA

#46114 Jan 25, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he means the pro-assault weapon, pro-high capacity magazine, anti-background check crowd.
NoOpinion

New Castle, PA

#46115 Jan 25, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
You should actually try getting inside the bubble of the reality based universe some time.
You might enjoy the change.
LOL!
With you??!...Now, that's funny.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#46118 Jan 25, 2013
OPINIONS: Gov. Tom Corbett says he will take the lead this year on a plan to privatize the state's liquor distribution system, after years of inaction on the part of the General Assembly. Do you think greater involvement on Corbett's part can get it done? Do you think it should be done at all?

I think those are good questions. I, for one, agree with the privatization plan. In an effort to steer the conversation away from what it has become, lets talk about something relevant. What do you think?
Not again

Lancaster, PA

#46120 Jan 25, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" are the ones who banned the law abiding citizen from showing, buying, selling ,or trading legal guns at a sportsman show where vendors have to take a stand for their legal rights provided to them in the second amendment and boycott the show and now it is postponed and could be cancelled. Way to go FOXPRO and others.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#46121 Jan 25, 2013
Not again wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" are the ones who banned the law abiding citizen from showing, buying, selling ,or trading legal guns at a sportsman show where vendors have to take a stand for their legal rights provided to them in the second amendment and boycott the show and now it is postponed and could be cancelled. Way to go FOXPRO and others.
So would you support the government preventing private businesses from making independent decisions about the sort of products that are displayed at their private expositions?
Not again

Lancaster, PA

#46122 Jan 25, 2013
Mifflin County may have lost the election to Obama after voting 3 to 1 for Romney, all because of the give me people of Philly and Pittsburgh, but I don't think they will lose the gun battle to these people. As Obama said us people will cling to our guns.

Chambersburg, PA

#46123 Jan 25, 2013
Not again wrote:
Mifflin County may have lost the election to Obama after voting 3 to 1 for Romney, all because of the give me people of Philly and Pittsburgh, but I don't think they will lose the gun battle to these people. As Obama said us people will cling to our guns.
Two things:

The majority of Pennsylvanians voted for Barack Obama. That's why he won the state. Don't be a sore loser. Don't start a gun battle with the folks who live in the cities over it.

And Obama didn't say what you think he said.
Not again

Lancaster, PA

#46124 Jan 25, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
So would you support the government preventing private businesses from making independent decisions about the sort of products that are displayed at their private expositions?
If the guns that the private business is banning are not illegal, and they probably are not at this time, then I would say it is discrimination to not allow them while allowing others.Get your head out of the sand, this is just their start and it needs to stop now.

Chambersburg, PA

#46125 Jan 25, 2013
Not again wrote:
<quoted text>
If the guns that the private business is banning are not illegal, and they probably are not at this time, then I would say it is discrimination to not allow them while allowing others.Get your head out of the sand, this is just their start and it needs to stop now.
You think it's discrimination for a private exposition to decide what products they want displayed at their event? How does that work?

The guns they said they didn't want at their hunting and fishing show are guns that aren't used for hunting and fishing. I'll bet they don't invite ski and sky-diving venders either. Is that discrimination too?

You're being blinded by your ideology. Take a breath and stop and think. You are posting things that make no sense.
Jingle Jangle

West Mifflin, PA

#46128 Jan 25, 2013
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal tells GOP:Stop being the stupid party.
Jindal said 'offensive and bizarre comments' by some Republicans hurt the whole party. Haley Barbour, the former Mississippi governor and RNC chair, seconded Jindal's message on Friday.

"
"
"
"
"
"

The potential 2016 presidential contender gave the keynote speech at a meeting of the Republican National Committee on Thursday, arguing that the party must adjust its message to attract a broader segment of the country.

Weve got to stop being the stupid party. Its time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults, he said.We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. Im here to say weve had enough of that.

"
"
"
"
""
"
"

It wasn't Jindal's first dose of tough love for the GOP. The Republican rising star has been casting himself as a reformer of his own party since Mitt Romney's loss to President Obama in November.

His comments were seconded on Friday by Haley Barbour, the former RNC chairman and Mississippi governor.

Barbour said Republicans like former Senate candidates Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin hurt the rest of the party with their inflammatory comments about rape and pregnancy.
"
"
"
"
"

"We have to accept that abortion should be legal, we have to accept the fact that the Hispanics are part of our culture". " We have to agree that gays
are a part of our fabric,and we have to send out our message that gays, blacks, women, younger voters, the poor and Hispanics control who gets voted in and who doesnt." " Let's start using our brains!"
Not again

Lancaster, PA

#46129 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
You think it's discrimination for a private exposition to decide what products they want displayed at their event? How does that work?
The guns they said they didn't want at their hunting and fishing show are guns that aren't used for hunting and fishing. I'll bet they don't invite ski and sky-diving venders either. Is that discrimination too?
You're being blinded by your ideology. Take a breath and stop and think. You are posting things that make no sense.
Sky Diving is a sport and there is nothing wrong with them going to a sportsman show,Race cars also attend,What wrong with that, It's not only a fishing and hunting show. They are not going to say only Fords can attend.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#46130 Jan 25, 2013
Effington wrote:
OPINIONS: Gov. Tom Corbett says he will take the lead this year on a plan to privatize the state's liquor distribution system, after years of inaction on the part of the General Assembly. Do you think greater involvement on Corbett's part can get it done? Do you think it should be done at all?
I think those are good questions. I, for one, agree with the privatization plan. In an effort to steer the conversation away from what it has become, lets talk about something relevant. What do you think?
Privatization of the liquor stores will bring Pennsylvania out of the dark ages and in line with other states.

Here's hoping Governor Corbett follows through.

But the unholy alliance of Bible-thumpers and unionized liquor store clerks seems to scare the legislators.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#46131 Jan 25, 2013
<quoted text>
No. Let them go out of business if they are unresponsive to their sponsors and customers.

Some other firm will step in and organize a similar show in the future, without political correctness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PSU wrestler accused of buying booze for undera... (Sep '11) Apr 5 Munhall Man 31
Review: Jillian Grace Salon (Dec '08) Mar '16 Who cares 21
Stapleton (Jun '15) Jun '15 Gene 1
New Brewary (Feb '15) Feb '15 tenner 1
News Smaller suburbs like Honey Brook work to revita... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Brooker Wood 1
Stat Care Ambulance services (Jan '11) Aug '14 Unknown 6
News New research links anxiety to seizures (Aug '14) Aug '14 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Grove Mortgages