Smack down

United States

#1 Sep 6, 2010
How come alot of teens have no respect these days. And all of then think there gangster what's up with that. I'd like to take them and drop them off in the real hood for a day and see how gangsta they really are. I think parents need to teach a little more respect. My father always made me greet with a hand shake and made me respect my elders.
Scoop

Titusville, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2010
Society continues to change as the years go by. The 60s were the stereotypical "Love and Peace" years. Now are the stereotypical "Anger and wanna be a gangster" years and that's the mentality with some of our youth. But like years past, we had the A holes when we were young who stood out. Now it's just a younger generation of A holes who stand out. What to look for is the kids who fly under the radar. The kids who were taught good values at home. That treat you with respect and are a functional part of society. These kids don't bring attention to themselves and are often overlooked. Their behavior is taken for granted because it's not offensive. I think it's much harder being a kid/young adult nowadays. Two parents working, jobs are scarse. Oppotunities are not there like they were 15, 20, 30 years ago. Young adults cant afford to be on their own. Anyway, don't let a bunch of stand out A holes rattle you. Look for the good kids who fly under the radar. They'll make you smile.
Smack down

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2010
Scoop that post you left really opened my eyes. Honestly I didn't view it from that prospective. I will keep that in my head the next time I run into another Ahole kid. Thanks for your response.
wrong

Holly Springs, NC

#4 Aug 31, 2011
Scoop wrote:
Society continues to change as the years go by. The 60s were the stereotypical "Love and Peace" years. Now are the stereotypical "Anger and wanna be a gangster" years and that's the mentality with some of our youth. But like years past, we had the A holes when we were young who stood out. Now it's just a younger generation of A holes who stand out. What to look for is the kids who fly under the radar. The kids who were taught good values at home. That treat you with respect and are a functional part of society. These kids don't bring attention to themselves and are often overlooked. Their behavior is taken for granted because it's not offensive. I think it's much harder being a kid/young adult nowadays. Two parents working, jobs are scarse. Oppotunities are not there like they were 15, 20, 30 years ago. Young adults cant afford to be on their own. Anyway, don't let a bunch of stand out A holes rattle you. Look for the good kids who fly under the radar. They'll make you smile.
Respect is taught and reinforced with discipline and the teaching of right and wrong including faith

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PSU wrestler accused of buying booze for undera... (Sep '11) Apr '16 Munhall Man 31
Review: Jillian Grace Salon (Dec '08) Mar '16 Who cares 21
Stapleton (Jun '15) Jun '15 Gene 1
New Brewary (Feb '15) Feb '15 tenner 1
News Smaller suburbs like Honey Brook work to revita... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Brooker Wood 1
Stat Care Ambulance services (Jan '11) Aug '14 Unknown 6
News New research links anxiety to seizures (Aug '14) Aug '14 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Grove Mortgages