First Prev
of 2
Next Last
black fox 23

Fenton, MO

#1 Feb 21, 2012
Can someone please explain to me why this generation of kids think they are entitled to everything and don't have to show respect to adults?
ahem

Goreville, IL

#2 Feb 21, 2012
Its the god damned MTV. Im tellin you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 21, 2012
Disrespect, decadence and dysfunction has become a profit making industry in this country and the rich liberals embrace it !

No one is wrong, no one is guilty, no one is responsible and no one is accountable !!

The entitlement society of Obama World !!!
Rita

Carterville, IL

#4 Feb 21, 2012
It's their parents' fault.
ticked_off

Marion, IL

#5 Feb 21, 2012
Rita wrote:
It's their parents' fault.
whoa... slow down now. not always is it their parents fault.. some kids you just cant control..
kid

Herrin, IL

#6 Feb 21, 2012
black fox 23 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why this generation of kids think they are entitled to everything and don't have to show respect to adults?
Not all kids are that way! My mom taught me that you have to earn respect. If you want kids to respect you. Give them something to respect.
black fox blows

Carbondale, IL

#7 Feb 21, 2012
black fox 23 wrote:
Black fox the way u talk on here u deserve zero respect from kids or adults...u gotta earn it biotch!
black fox 23

Fenton, MO

#8 Feb 21, 2012
black fox blows wrote:
<quoted text>Black fox the way u talk on here u deserve zero respect from kids or adults...u gotta earn it biotch!
I don't even post half the comments under my name. Look at the rude comments. All posted from location of Nebraska. There is a poser who tries too hard.
yep

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2012
SOS Dif Day wrote:
Disrespect, decadence and dysfunction has become a profit making industry in this country and the rich liberals embrace it !
No one is wrong, no one is guilty, no one is responsible and no one is accountable !!
Wow, didn't know there was anyone in hot dog that didn't like the low life ex crack head as president.

I guess there is two total.

When you let people on the government tit vote, obama is what u get.

Wouldn't make sense to them to vote someone in that wants to create them a job.
Huh

Carbondale, IL

#10 Feb 21, 2012
Why would they vote someone in to create them a job? They wouldn't work anyways. Easier to take the handouts!
blew it

West Frankfort, IL

#11 Feb 21, 2012
Alright bitches. This post is about disrespectful kids and not the white house.
urstoopid

Marion, IL

#13 Feb 22, 2012
SOS Dif Day wrote:
Wow you make a good case to vote FOR Obama if all of the voters on your side are as ignorant as you!
HighSchool Student

Galatia, IL

#15 Mar 3, 2012
A lot of kids are disrespectful. I agree, 50% of it has to do with the parents. If you were in high school you would better understand. The kids that cause trouble are the kids that hang around Swains and don't care about their future. It's not all the high school students so don't say we're all disrespectful. If you were there you'd realize there are a handful that cause trouble and then the rest that sit back and watch. Another reason is the teachers. There are some teachers that teach and help students like they should. Then there are the teachers that pick favorites and don't teach right, that makes the trouble student s act up because they think they have a reason to be disrespectful and not follow the rules. But I find it very offensive that you're labeling this forum about high school students being disrespectful when it's only a handful. Get the facts straight before you put things on topix.
ya ya ya

Marion, IL

#16 Mar 5, 2012
i like the kids nowadays who have EVERYTHING given to them, who dont have to worry about getting a job and working for it because they know good ole mommy daddy or granny and gramps will make sure they get ANYTHING their little heart desires...and then they have the nerve to say shit like "oh i work for the things i get...im not spoiled! lol really hah...growup!
Grandma

United States

#17 Mar 5, 2012
I have seen many things in my life. I have noticed that with every generation children become a little more disrespectful of their parents. I am not saying all children and teenagers are bad, God forbid. Through out the years the kids and young adults discipline has changed. Unfortunatly both parents are now working, and no time for the kids. People are just to busy having to do their chores, making dinner, making sure everything gets done for the next day. Laws have changes and parents are more afraid to discipline their kids. In my day, mothers did not work, dinner was a certain time, everything was done when the kids got home from school, the fathers only worked. Mothers were always home to watch and take care of their children knowing everything that was going on. Today we have game systems, televisions, computers, and everything else out there to babysit the kids. Unfortunatley we don't live in that world anymore, things cost more and people have to survive. I often look at our younger generation and feel sorry for them not having what we had, alot of time, with the parents.
young mom

United States

#18 Mar 5, 2012
Grandma wrote:
I have seen many things in my life. I have noticed that with every generation children become a little more disrespectful of their parents. I am not saying all children and teenagers are bad, God forbid. Through out the years the kids and young adults discipline has changed. Unfortunatly both parents are now working, and no time for the kids. People are just to busy having to do their chores, making dinner, making sure everything gets done for the next day. Laws have changes and parents are more afraid to discipline their kids. In my day, mothers did not work, dinner was a certain time, everything was done when the kids got home from school, the fathers only worked. Mothers were always home to watch and take care of their children knowing everything that was going on. Today we have game systems, televisions, computers, and everything else out there to babysit the kids. Unfortunatley we don't live in that world anymore, things cost more and people have to survive. I often look at our younger generation and feel sorry for them not having what we had, alot of time, with the parents.
I totally agree. That is why I have chosen to stay home....clean and get everything done....dinner at 5pm....homework-showers before bed. I definantly think mothers should stay home and raise the children. I'm so proud of my boys. I have great kids but I understand a lot of daddys abandon their children and a lot of mommys have to work and the economy is bad these days. When my youngest graduates from hs and is off to college....I will go to work.
la la land

Herrin, IL

#19 Mar 6, 2012
Not all kids are disrespectful,. sometimes people dont deserve our respect ... ever thought of that?
SHOCKED

United States

#20 Mar 28, 2012
To ya ya ya people who make comments like that should think for a moment and not judge all kids based on what their parents or grandparents have and realize that maybe past generations worked their asses off so their family could benefit from their "hard work" two words that most people don't know the meaning of! I am sick to death of people criticizing people who have things and give their children things! So basically your saying if you which I don't know if your a child or adult but you would not give your child whatever you could if you were able and that if you are a child you wouldnt want to have things if your parents worked hard to give them to you! also every child that is helped by their parents whether it be a car clothes money or whatever should not be labeled spoiled..that's their job and also to teach your kids responsibility and kindness but it is sooo hard nowadays because their are people like you that are envious and hateful because you don't have that and that's a shame! So is this the answer..should we all stop working to make out childrens life better so you won't be boo hooing that the "rich" kids get everything handed to them because if all the working class folks stop there are gonna be alot of people out of luck because there won't be anymore government money because there will be no more taxpayers to foot the bill for everyone and one of them is probably gonna be you!
Idiots

Herrin, IL

#21 Mar 28, 2012
Most, but not all, parents aren't being parents anymore. They are trying to be their kid's friend. Make your children be responsible and earn the things you give them so they will be appreciative. Make them earn their privileges. Give them goals to reach for. If you make it easy, when they get in the real world they will only look for EASY. Life isn't easy. Attitude and disrespect will not get your anywhere.
and

Herrin, IL

#22 Mar 28, 2012
black fox 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even post half the comments under my name. Look at the rude comments. All posted from location of Nebraska. There is a poser who tries too hard.
My location shows something different almost every time. I doubt someone in Nebraska care about WF topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Burnett needing info 2 hr Japanese 21
37 motel 2 hr Youknow 3
Caucasian lives ! 3 hr BIGGERDADDY420 1
Who are the toughest guys in Town? 4 hr tough guy 4
good news for once! 4 hr buffy sue 17
Drug raids are about to begin 4 hr Robin boy Wonder 10
Brittany Barton 11 hr HotDog 7

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance