First Prev
of 17
Next Last
help please

Enfield, IL

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Horses on corner of south marion road and woody lane need help! It is flooded and freezing and these animals cant get to shelter and no one is taking care of them. Police have been told and others but nothing is being done. Anyone that has some authority to do something to save these animals or know of someone, please pass this on to them!
help please

Enfield, IL

#3 Jan 13, 2013
I will do that and I know of alot of people that will i just dont know if these horses will make it through the night with this weather. My hands are tied and im so frustrated. Thank you for the info
hlover

West Frankfort, IL

#4 Jan 13, 2013
help please wrote:
I will do that and I know of alot of people that will i just dont know if these horses will make it through the night with this weather. My hands are tied and im so frustrated. Thank you for the info
Does anyone know who has the horses across the street? If I knew I would ask them if the could at least temporarily house them. I think they have been turned in before.
help please

Enfield, IL

#5 Jan 13, 2013
I do not know them or anyone in that area. The problem is, this is an urgent matter but by law you cant just go on someones property and remove them. That would be great if there was someone in that area that would be willing to do that but then they would have to get permission from the owners or have the proper authority step in, which in this case there is none. Time is the enemy here in these freezing temps.

Since: Oct 11

Windermere, FL

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Come together as a community Call animal control they should have a 24 hour voice mail. or find stables that they can be taken care of and get some kind of warmth
hlover

West Frankfort, IL

#8 Jan 14, 2013
What is the number for Illinois State Humane Society? I think alot of people will call if we know who to call. FYI I was told they are so backed up it takes forever to get a response.
217-782-6657

Marion, IL

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Call number
hlover wrote:
What is the number for Illinois State Humane Society? I think alot of people will call if we know who to call. FYI I was told they are so backed up it takes forever to get a response.
TJ M

United States

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Well atleast we succeeded in pissing off the illinois animal welfare...... but they always just give these people a slap on the wrist.
tjm

Herrin, IL

#11 Jan 14, 2013
things are moving. i have contacted several news papers and channels. Illinois state is sending a vet to check the circumstances. I just hope it moves in the right direction this time.
Action

Tecumseh, KS

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Take a video, and post it to you tube, the ellen show, and send it to the aspca.
FYI

Marion, IL

#13 Jan 14, 2013
If someone can get ahold of Mike Murphy who lives east of town, wors in mines, he used to have the authority to have any animal removed from a situation such as this,if he isnt still involved he can probably give a number
cheryl

Enfield, IL

#15 Jan 14, 2013
I use to live across the road from these idiots n they have been turned in so many times I can't believe the county n animal control wont do something to put a stop to them owning horeses!!! They are not responsible owners
TJ M

United States

#17 Jan 14, 2013
I have turned them in several times but saturdays cold water and them standing it is was kind of a "last straw" I am sick of them getting slapped on the wrist for repeat offences. I have contacted a series of people today and lots of other people I know too have been making contact with various organizations thoughout the county, state, and nation even.

The news talked about running a story, maybe we will finally get somewhere.

I really hate being like this but they have had too many second chances to make it right with these animals.
THE TRUTH

Briggsville, AR

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Tommy Dorris is the horse farmer up the road from there. He has a nice farm. Maybe someone can contact him to see if he might take them in for awhile. They have been reported so many times but no one seems to do anything. It's a sad situation.
i do care

Enfield, IL

#23 Jan 15, 2013
I went to check on the horses today because all of the posts,the water is down and yes there is mud,but go check other pastures too,the snow all melted and then the rain,it is in alow area but the horses are fed everyday.And it is muddy but come on u think there isnt other farm animals in a muddy area.you dont see their bones showing and all skinny because they are fed everyday.
timbob

Benton, IL

#24 Jan 15, 2013
Check the trees in the "pasture". All the bark is gone. These poor animals have been hungry a long time. Something really needs to be done.
hlover

West Frankfort, IL

#25 Jan 15, 2013
There are way too many horses in their "pasture". My pasture has areas that are wet and muddy BUT I have some high ground and a barn for my horses to get into. I also have round a round bale of hay out so they can eat when they want PLUS check on them and feed 2 times a day. What about water for these horses? No one has said anything about that. Horses need to drink alot of water and I can't imagine they have the water they need that is not frozen solid! I saw pictures of these horses that made me sick especially one. I do not have much money but my animals are taken care of!
TJ M

United States

#26 Jan 15, 2013
The water is down...... so its all better???? That might mean they are ok until next time..... but this time was worse than last time.... are we all supposed to sit around and watch until they all turn to horsicles....

I donno, that puts me in mind of "its not abuse after the bruises dissappear"

They have water, the pasture is flooded..... may not be w,ater we drink but it is water.... its better than nothing. The pics I seen showed a trough, had some in it but it had been raining..... and besides, what was there was frozen
Noticed

Carbondale, IL

#27 Jan 15, 2013
timbob wrote:
Check the trees in the "pasture". All the bark is gone. These poor animals have been hungry a long time. Something really needs to be done.
I noticed that today. A few of them were eating on the trees as I passed. Those trees have zero bark from the horses eating on them because they are starving! Their winter coats must be hiding their ribs; normally you can see their ribs from the road!
Tex

West Frankfort, IL

#28 Jan 15, 2013
Noticed wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that today. A few of them were eating on the trees as I passed. Those trees have zero bark from the horses eating on them because they are starving! Their winter coats must be hiding their ribs; normally you can see their ribs from the road!
Horses chew tree because of boredom not starvation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches 2 hr Time2ManUp 5
Pray for Rick Hopper 3 hr unhappy 5
Barbara Rybicky (Jun '14) 4 hr vigilante 16
Rental Home Warning 18 hr lessonlearned 21
1% ers Thu you are stupid 20
Looking for the driver of blue truck Thu Who Is It 3
a call to all police Thu yep 2
More from around the web

West Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE