Do you approve of Tom Jordan as Mayor?
well

Carbondale, IL

#44 Jun 28, 2012
My dream of truckers wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q099JjMfEqUXX
Did you notice it says "comments disabled for this video" ?
Yeah

Germany

#45 Jun 28, 2012
You do that when you don't want to respond to those pesky tax payers that footed the bill for it.
plain fantasy

Sweden

#46 Jun 28, 2012
We can just chalk that one up to dreams and inexperience.
richy

West Frankfort, IL

#47 Jun 28, 2012
Wasn't Shane JAmes involved in this somehow??
Concerned Mommy

Herrin, IL

#48 Sep 11, 2012
I think the mayor needs to start thinking about the safety of the residents of West Frankfort, especially the children. There are too many loose dogs running around not leashed and I am sure most are NOT up to date on shots! He doesnt think this is HIS problem though. He wants to pass the buck and blame animal control alone but wants to take NO responsibility even though he is writing them a check for not doing a complete job! If this was his personal money would he keep paying for a job thats not getting done? I think not!
agree

West Frankfort, IL

#49 Sep 11, 2012
Concerned Mommy wrote:
I think the mayor needs to start thinking about the safety of the residents of West Frankfort, especially the children. There are too many loose dogs running around not leashed and I am sure most are NOT up to date on shots! He doesnt think this is HIS problem though. He wants to pass the buck and blame animal control alone but wants to take NO responsibility even though he is writing them a check for not doing a complete job! If this was his personal money would he keep paying for a job thats not getting done? I think not!
nothing worse than the smell of dog crap after you step in it or run the mower through a pile and have to wash it,and I dont even own a dog,but plenty of others do and let em run loose to crap somewhere else,eat somewhere and chase the kids on bikes.Rather tired of it myself !
ResIdent

Carbondale, IL

#50 Sep 11, 2012
Have to say I was looking forward to his being the mayor but as things have progressed I am more and more dissatisfied.
Confused

Du Quoin, IL

#51 Sep 12, 2012
Concerned Mommy wrote:
Have you called the Franklin County Animal Control yourself to report the situation? If you do not get an answer you can leave a message and they will return your call. If that does not work go to the Franklin County Board with the issue.
Tormentor

Harrisburg, IL

#52 Sep 12, 2012
Mayor Jordan does a fine job.
Supporter

United States

#53 Sep 30, 2012
Tom Jordan is doing a fine job.
Idot Engineer

Ballwin, MO

#54 Oct 3, 2012
money tree wrote:
Does anyone have a money tree in their yard?? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure how the city can accommodate all your requests without a revenue stream other than raising taxes.. Is raising property taxes something you all would be cool with?
I thought Home Rule dollars were supposed to be used to improve infrastructure. They used it to pay higher electric bills at one time. I bet if people knew they were going to be paying utility bills at city hall, they wouldn't have voted for it.
Idot Engineer

Ballwin, MO

#55 Oct 3, 2012
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you called the Franklin County Animal Control yourself to report the situation? If you do not get an answer you can leave a message and they will return your call. If that does not work go to the Franklin County Board with the issue.
That was when Jarrett was there, they would actually come out or call you back. They are nowhere to be found now.
Idot Engineer

Ballwin, MO

#56 Oct 3, 2012
The mayor is a glad hander. Tells people what they want to hear that will make them happy at the time. I had such high hopes when he was elected. Figured the last of the good ole boys were gone from the council. The codes officer? Has anyone seen this guy in the community? I haven't and don't know of anyone who has. Tara does okay but she's got a good street crew. No complaints with any of the departments at all. Just the head honcho who calls the shots. Too busy taking care of number one. But don't be too busy taking care of number one-you just might step into number two.
On a different note

Garnett, KS

#57 Oct 3, 2012
I was recently told that our Chief Of Police, Mr. Tharp does not live in WF, he lives in Norris City. I was then advised that he commutes back and forth in a patrol car that we pay for, using our tax money for gas. Is this true?? I would hope the Mayor would not allow this to go on!!
Mmm soso

United States

#58 Oct 3, 2012
There is nothing in the city policy that says you must live within the town of WF for police. Nor does it for water dept employees. Tharp owns a house in WF and that's all there is to it.
Tara and Tom

United States

#59 Oct 22, 2012
Her crowning achievement was to put Roger Stanley as the superintendent of the street dept. He can't read or write and has one year experience with the street dept. but politics are that way. I was ashamed of her when I found this out for the cities sake to put someone in charge that knows no more then how to throw a trash bag in the garbage truck and work for 4-6 hours and charge 8 when he was on the garbage truck. I feel bad for those guys having to work for the drama queen, whine bag and illiterate roger gyp Stanley.
Joker

Herrin, IL

#60 Oct 23, 2012
Mmm soso wrote:
There is nothing in the city policy that says you must live within the town of WF for police. Nor does it for water dept employees. Tharp owns a house in WF and that's all there is to it.
. This is really funny.
Seriously

Fort Scott, KS

#61 Oct 24, 2012
Mmm soso wrote:
Then it should be added to policy!! I would like to think that if our tax money is being used to pay their salary, they too are contributing to our community by living in OUR TOWN!
Mmm soso

Haslet, TX

#62 Oct 25, 2012
First of all leave roger Stanley out of this. He does one hell of a job keeping the street dept together. And second of all you'd lose half of your police and other city workers if they had to live in west frankfort. Stop whining and get back to work.
Amazing

West Frankfort, IL

#63 Oct 25, 2012
Roger can outwork the entire list of losers bad mouthing him on here. Tom is honest. Tharp does not drive patrol vehicle to NC you idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meth at taco bell 1 hr Oh my 3
Jasmine brannan 2 hr Jordan 2
Shitty Druggie parents 3 hr Boxcar 1
hit and run at gym?? 3 hr yoko 1
codes in west frankfort (Aug '14) 3 hr Nofto 42
Blake Masters 8 hr Dutch oven 2
John Austin 12 hr question 10

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance