Next Last
One Who Knows

Mascoutah, IL

#1 Apr 23, 2012
A good Mayor
dummies

West Frankfort, IL

#2 Apr 23, 2012
I think he is doing a fine job. How can you idiots keep saying City Hall still has the same "Good Ole Boys" in charge when last election we got all new? I think you are all morons. Hell, the last Mayor died in office. Did everyone forget that??? We got the ambulance back. Quit yer bitching...
Fact

United States

#3 Apr 23, 2012
Not all the "Good Ole Boys" are gone. Still some changes that could be made.
Little miss blue eyes

Benton, IL

#4 Apr 23, 2012
I really like Tom Jordan as mayor. He does one hell of a job. He has by far been one of the best.
WF Business Owner

West Frankfort, IL

#5 Apr 23, 2012
I think he's doing a great job. I see things happening that I haven't witnessed in years. Sure, there is always room for improvement but I feel that we currently have a team that listens and is working for the betterment of WF. If you see something that you feel is lacking - call Mr Jordan or one of the commissioners. I believe it will be addressed.

And the WFFD is outstanding! I'm so glad to have our ambulance service!
Agree

United States

#6 Apr 23, 2012
Fact wrote:
Not all the "Good Ole Boys" are gone. Still some changes that could be made.
I am pleased with the new Mayor and Council, but there are still some "good ole boys" left in some departments that should be changed, with the exception of the Fire Department.
jobs

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2012
Has he helped to bring in one job. Everyone at the city must love getting on here and patting themselves on the back.

He may have im not for sure. I just havent seen any jobs created.

Tax breaks to a new business, free water to them i dont know. But im not an electected official.
Little miss blue eyes

Benton, IL

#8 Apr 25, 2012
You obviously do not know about all of the small businesses that have come in and opened in WF lately. I'm pretty sure they hired people. How about the few jobs that opened up in the city. I'm pretty sure those were new jobs. Please do us all a favor and do a little research before you make yourself out to be a fool.
Pogo

Mascoutah, IL

#9 Apr 25, 2012
Greetings from the swamp.

Yes, there still remains some "Good Ole Boys" in (the swamp) city hall.

Overall, our Mayor is doing a respectable job in the swamp. There is always something that should be done and always room for improvement. It's way to early to judge the current city administration.
Really

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2012
Little miss blue eyes wrote:
You obviously do not know about all of the small businesses that have come in and opened in WF lately. I'm pretty sure they hired people. How about the few jobs that opened up in the city. I'm pretty sure those were new jobs. Please do us all a favor and do a little research before you make yourself out to be a fool.
I don't know of any "new" jobs that opened up in the city. As far as I know they still have a Police Officer laid off. I really hope they aren't hiring anyone new without bringing back people that were laid off.
Pogo

Mascoutah, IL

#11 Apr 26, 2012
Greetings from the swamp.

Definition of a "Good Ole Boy." A man with certain characteristics....such as relaxed or informal behavior, with a strong loyality to family and friends. An unprentious convival manner and conservative or intolerant attitudes and a strong sense of loyality to his peer group.

The term's origion is southern.

Women and minorities are likely not members of the "Good Ole Boys Club."
factsplease

Enfield, IL

#12 May 4, 2012
If you don't mind bring me up to speed about all these new businesses. And the new jobs that have opened up in town.
factsplease

Enfield, IL

#13 May 4, 2012
I really like Tom Jordan as mayor. He does one hell of a job. He has by far been one of the best.
. What is it that Tom Jordan has done. The Mayor and council can't even get a contract with the city workers figured out and signed. Over a year with the water, street, and sewer depts. They are spending no telling how much money on lawyer fees to fight the city workers over nothing. Now he says he won't negotiate with the police and fire depts because of the other depts. What a smoke screen. Sounds like a poor excuse to me. Someone on here said go talk to him. Give it your best shot. If you can find him he will talk to you untill someone else walks by. Then he justs walks off like you were never there. How rude can you get. This council does not care about the citys streets , water supply, sewer lines. You have to spend time and money on infrastructure. Why do you think we can't land any big business. Drive around town for awhile and you will see what I mean. The street dept has 5 men to take care of the whole town, the sewer has 2 + a couple of the retired sewer guys are working part time. The water dept doesn't have anyone who can run a backhoe so they ha ve to hire a contractor to dig a hole to fix a water break. Now the talk is he wants to combine all the depts (not the police & fire so don't get excited) into public works. It does not matter what you call it, if you don't have enough help you can't get the work done. Wake up mister mayor.
money tree

West Frankfort, IL

#14 May 5, 2012
Does anyone have a money tree in their yard?? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure how the city can accommodate all your requests without a revenue stream other than raising taxes.. Is raising property taxes something you all would be cool with?
re- factsplease

Chicago, IL

#15 May 5, 2012
factsplease wrote:
<quoted text>. What is it that Tom Jordan has done. The Mayor and council can't even get a contract with the city workers figured out and signed. Over a year with the water, street, and sewer depts. They are spending no telling how much money on lawyer fees to fight the city workers over nothing. Now he says he won't negotiate with the police and fire depts because of the other depts. What a smoke screen. Sounds like a poor excuse to me. Someone on here said go talk to him. Give it your best shot. If you can find him he will talk to you untill someone else walks by. Then he justs walks off like you were never there. How rude can you get. This council does not care about the citys streets , water supply, sewer lines. You have to spend time and money on infrastructure. Why do you think we can't land any big business. Drive around town for awhile and you will see what I mean. The street dept has 5 men to take care of the whole town, the sewer has 2 + a couple of the retired sewer guys are working part time. The water dept doesn't have anyone who can run a backhoe so they ha ve to hire a contractor to dig a hole to fix a water break. Now the talk is he wants to combine all the depts (not the police & fire so don't get excited) into public works. It does not matter what you call it, if you don't have enough help you can't get the work done. Wake up mister mayor.
You are a really disgruntled city employee or commissioner. I probably would keep these comments to yourself and not on a public forum for the world to see. Just my two cents for you.
factsplease

Enfield, IL

#16 May 6, 2012
re- factsplease wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a really disgruntled city employee or commissioner. I probably would keep these comments to yourself and not on a public forum for the world to see. Just my two cents for you.
Wow I must have hit a nerve, my comments must be close to home for you. These are my personal veiws, like them or not. They are based on facts. Sounds like you don't what the public to know what this Mayor and council is doing TO are people and our town. Unlike you,who do not want the public to know what the council and Mayor are up to, I feel it is my right and duty as a proud West Frankfort resident to bring these issues to the public so they know more about what's going on at city hall. Just My two cents for you.
factsplease

Enfield, IL

#17 May 6, 2012
money tree wrote:
Does anyone have a money tree in their yard?? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure how the city can accommodate all your requests without a revenue stream other than raising taxes.. Is raising property taxes something you all would be cool with?
What requests?
Little miss blue eyes

United States

#18 May 6, 2012
Actually factsplease if the city people really cared they would go to the city council meetings two Tuesdays a month. As a WF resident I personally think you start too much drama
factsplease

Enfield, IL

#19 May 6, 2012
Actually factsplease if the city people really cared they would go to the city council meetings two Tuesdays a month. As a WF resident I personally think you start too much drama
Well litte miss blue eyes maybe I do go to the meetings. You still did not inform us about all the new jobs you where talking about. At least I do my best to state the facts, you on the other hand have not. If you try real hard i'm sure you can come up with something worth sharing with the rest of us.
factsplease

Enfield, IL

#20 May 6, 2012
money tree wrote:
Propery taxes are the most unfair tax ever. Fact is money is tight everyone knows that. But here's the way I see it. Go back and look at the Home rule paper work that was handed out all over town. Home rule was suppose to cure our cash flow problems. It also stated that if it did not pass services that the city provide would suffer. So we passed home rule and what has happened, they laid off firemen, policemen and 1 sewer guy. Thank goodness most if not all are back to work now.They also got rid of the trash truck,they have not replace workers that have retired. So the services that the city should provide with our tax money is not getting done as quickly or not at all. Its the same old thing the city is broke. There have been at least 6 or7 guys that have retired and have not been replaced, where is the money going from all of their salaries? City hall has had a make over. Now some council members want to spend over $100,000.00 dollars for a new building. How can they have money for that. So if you are going to ask about a money tree you should ask the council.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coaches 22 min Lost for words 9
Heather B wins Lottery how long till OD? 4 hr simom 5
who's going down in the new bust 6 hr lmao 5
melissa hayes 6 hr shell 13
Shaw, Rains and Goins...Lawsuit is coming!!!!!! Fri TLDR 28
ladies looking for cash? (Aug '14) Fri Big Dog 44
nothing better to do Fri NOT 10
West Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:55 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:55PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?