Michael J. Jeter of West Frankfurt st...

Michael J. Jeter of West Frankfurt still driving, 3 mo. after killing worker

Posted in the West Frankfort Forum

Southern IL Charmer

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 15, 2012
http://www.bnd.com/2012/08/14/2284792/wife-an...
Authorities have still not charged Michael J Jeter from West Frankfurt for the accident he caused where he struck and killed a construction worker on the side of the highway, and severely injuring several others.
Does anyone know who this man is? What he does for a living, etc.? Is he politically connected? He apparently has a history of alcoholism and driving under the influence, and some were speculating that the morning he caused this accident he was as well, though authorities haven't said publicly yet. He couldn't explain why he was in the area even, though some speculate he was at a nearby strip club prior to ruining these people's lives.
Auburnblue

Galatia, IL

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Yup, he's dating Tabitha Weeks.
Chillin

Herrin, IL

#3 Aug 15, 2012
Auburnblue wrote:
Yup, he's dating Tabitha Weeks.
HA HA HA thats awesome!!!! but true
Still waiting

United States

#4 Aug 23, 2012
the state police say tox is behind in the state and if they charge him now and results come back positive they can't recharge him. We are hoping that is true and charges will come soon.
who wants to know

Glen Carbon, IL

#5 Aug 27, 2012
First of all "southern Il charmer" maybe you should get your facts straight before starting something you know nothing about!

Why in the world would people be saying he was coming from a strip club when he was heading north bound? UMM helloo... He was going the total opposite direction!

Why does anyone need a reason to be in a certain area on a highway?! They are traveling!
Auburnblue

Sesser, IL

#6 Aug 27, 2012
who wants to know wrote:
First of all "southern Il charmer" maybe you should get your facts straight before starting something you know nothing about!
Why in the world would people be saying he was coming from a strip club when he was heading north bound? UMM helloo... He was going the total opposite direction!
Why does anyone need a reason to be in a certain area on a highway?! They are traveling!
Then, he was going to a strip club.
Still waiting

United States

#7 Aug 28, 2012
He was traveling eastbound so absolutely could have come from strip clubs. I don't know that but why would anyone be going 85 miles an hour minimum (that is from state police directly) and swerve 3 times in and out of the shoulder and hit 4 workers in the shoulder?? I am very personally involved and don't think this guy deserves any benefit of the doubt.
sorryjeter

Carterville, IL

#8 Aug 31, 2012
he was heading up to st. louis to get his suboxen script filled.
p.s.- you didnt hear it from me
Still waiting

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2012
sorryjeter wrote:
he was heading up to st. louis to get his suboxen script filled.
p.s.- you didnt hear it from me
He was headed away from st louis so if what you say is true he could have already been there. Any idea where he went to get it?
FormerDuckHunter

Marion, IL

#10 Sep 1, 2012
I need a ride to my foot doctor next week. Anyone got the 411 on Jester so I can get a lift? My corns are hurting something fierce
Seriously the Gov probably hasn't paid the lab bills so it could be a while.
sick of gossip

United States

#11 Sep 1, 2012
Mike here is a good guy. It's awful how u ppl have nothing better to do with ur time than to talk bout pple on this rediculous site. Get a life!
Passing through

Atlanta, GA

#12 Sep 14, 2012
The driver has just been charged with 4 counts of DUI. Driving under the influence of Ambien among other things.

'Court documents state Jeter was under the influence of diphenhydramine (an anti-histamine), Meprobamate (a sedative), and Zolpidem (Ambien) when the May 22 accident occurred.'

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/338323/3/Cha...

www.kmov.com/news/local/Driver-charged-in-dea...
wow

Herrin, IL

#13 Sep 14, 2012
Passing through wrote:
The driver has just been charged with 4 counts of DUI. Driving under the influence of Ambien among other things.
'Court documents state Jeter was under the influence of diphenhydramine (an anti-histamine), Meprobamate (a sedative), and Zolpidem (Ambien) when the May 22 accident occurred.'
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/338323/3/Cha...
www.kmov.com/news/local/Driver-charged-in-dea...
he must still be taking it and more from the looks of him a couple days ago when I seen him traveling down the middle of the street,instead of on his own side
what a fn joke

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Sep 16, 2012
sorryjeter wrote:
he was heading up to st. louis to get his suboxen script filled.
p.s.- you didnt hear it from me
ur a dumbass! u oviously dont know shit best advise for u mind ur own business and stop lying about others!
what a fn joke

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Sep 16, 2012
u idiots need to get ur fax straight being u start jumping cause this is stupid!u even look stupid right know. strip club really! yeah i know mike jeter best man i ever known. everyone makes mistakes some are just worse than others! he has a great heart and is suffering from this too! i agree with "sick of gossip" u people need to find something better to do then to tear people down!everyone is suffering from this and the last thing anyone needs right now is ur lies, jokes, or hypocritic comments!
Rick h

United States

#16 Sep 17, 2012
I think it's really funny that you're calling everybody else idiots, when you're the one who can't spell or formulate a sentence. You are calling everybody else a joke, but I can read all of their posts. You are the joke. I agree with what you are saying, but you are writing like a hillbilly with absolutely no education. Go back to school and learn proper grammer, sentence structure, verb tense, and pronoun usage. Maybe then people can take you serious as an adult with a valid opinion.
Truth Seeker

Ballwin, MO

#17 Sep 28, 2012
what a fn joke wrote:
u idiots need to get ur fax straight being u start jumping cause this is stupid!u even look stupid right know. strip club really! yeah i know mike jeter best man i ever known. everyone makes mistakes some are just worse than others! he has a great heart and is suffering from this too! i agree with "sick of gossip" u people need to find something better to do then to tear people down!everyone is suffering from this and the last thing anyone needs right now is ur lies, jokes, or hypocritic comments!
I'm sure Mike is a good man. Not disputing that at all. Fact remains that after working at mines and prior to driving to St Louis, he took Ambien. He had a prescription bottle just filled on that date with him for 7 pills. There were 4 remaining. Not to say he took them all. But he is charged with 4 DUI counts after lab tests came back. His license will be suspended if they haven't already been, for a certain period of time. He will again have driving privileges (unless he screws up) until such time they are revoked pending outcome of case. His bond is $300,000. I'm sure he would have never got behind the wheel had he known what was to come. Fact remains he was traveling at speeds up to 80mph and driving erratically according to witnesses. So bad stuff happens to good people-the victim's family can agree with me on that as well as Mike's family. Want to help your friend? Go visit him and give him emotional support. Or do something for the victim's family.
Stormy

Centralia, IL

#18 Sep 28, 2012
I agree with Truth Seeker completely. Mr. Jeter needs to serve time in jail and be glad he is still alive and physically sound to do so because these workers are not. This has changed many lives forever. These workers were just out trying to make an honest living and someone that was over medicated by choice hit them in the shoulder of the road.........he needs to pay by going to jail. In jail I hope he thinks about them and the lives he has changed forever and comes out of jail a better man but a man that should never have the priviledge of a driver's license again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mandrell 17 min the truth yes 7
court today 22 min Boyfriend 12
Nicks BBQ? 55 min Sure 2
Cosby 3 hr Wow 5
Soccer 6 hr Futbol 4
Pontiac vibe 12 hr baseball 5
Stupid board members 13 hr The law 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Frankfort Mortgages