First Prev
of 3
Next Last
nosey neighbor

United States

#1 Apr 20, 2012
What new business is going into the KFC building? Rumors I've heard are an antique store or a Ceramic shop.
i heard

Carterville, IL

#2 Apr 21, 2012
nosey neighbor wrote:
What new business is going into the KFC building? Rumors I've heard are an antique store or a Ceramic shop.
massage parlor and tanning booths last I heard
Little miss blue eyes

Benton, IL

#3 Apr 21, 2012
You guys are all silly. K&E techinal bought it. It's going to be one of there buildings.
hopefully

Enfield, IL

#4 Apr 21, 2012
Hopefully its something that will help this town! We need it
fancy cakes

Enfield, IL

#5 Apr 21, 2012
It will have arts & crafts, sandwiches & sweets. A little something for everyone in our little town. Come see us when we open.
TheWhiteRanger

United States

#6 Apr 21, 2012
fancy cakes wrote:
It will have arts & crafts, sandwiches & sweets. A little something for everyone in our little town. Come see us when we open.
Wish you guys the best of luck. Sounds like an interesting idea, I give it 6 months.......
YouAre

Johnston City, IL

#7 Apr 21, 2012
TheWhiteRanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you guys the best of luck. Sounds like an interesting idea, I give it 6 months.......
You are a cancer in this town. The reason why we don't have things last long in this town cause no one supports this town are any new businesses that come along. Hardly no one shops in this town and hardly no one goes out and eats in this town cause we have drove everyone off. This town sales land for way to much and tells people what we can and cannot build. Maybe we should look at other towns for advice. For instance, Aisin MFG in Marion, IL; The Town of Marion sold 90 acres to Aisin for one dollar an acre, the catch was that aisin had to keep 600 local(Marion, Herrin Carterville etc etc.) employees for at least 4 years. What this does is bring people into Marion. You have 600 employees spending their money in Marion by going to restaurants, gas stations, and shopping stores. West Frankfort will never achieve anything like this cause we are all to closed minded and stubborn to help one another out and progress.
TheWhiteRanger

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2012
YouAre wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cancer in this town. The reason why we don't have things last long in this town cause no one supports this town are any new businesses that come along. Hardly no one shops in this town and hardly no one goes out and eats in this town cause we have drove everyone off. This town sales land for way to much and tells people what we can and cannot build. Maybe we should look at other towns for advice. For instance, Aisin MFG in Marion, IL; The Town of Marion sold 90 acres to Aisin for one dollar an acre, the catch was that aisin had to keep 600 local(Marion, Herrin Carterville etc etc.) employees for at least 4 years. What this does is bring people into Marion. You have 600 employees spending their money in Marion by going to restaurants, gas stations, and shopping stores. West Frankfort will never achieve anything like this cause we are all to closed minded and stubborn to help one another out and progress.
Believe me, I'm far from a "cancer". I truly do wish the owners the best, I will definitely stop in once they open up since I do prefer to stay local as much as possible. In all honesty though, we've seen a couple of "coffee shop and arts & crafts" type businesses open in WF and they simply haven't had the customer base to survive. The big advantage this one will have over the others will be the availability of parking since the ones on Main St. basically had none. While it's easy to say WF needs to make changes to bring new businesses in the simple fact is that as long as we continue to vote the same "Good Ole Boys Club" into office every year nothing will change, period. Just because they have a (D) next to their name doesn't automatically make them the best choice, but thats a problem state wide.
Pogo

Mascoutah, IL

#9 Apr 22, 2012
Greetings from the swamp.

On a local level there is not one penny's worth of difference between a Republican and a Demorcat. Both have membership in the "Good Ole Boys Club," and the "Isolation Club."

"We have met the enemy and it is us."
awe

Carterville, IL

#10 Apr 22, 2012
Does anyone really know ?

Rumors are flying high and wild at the locaal watering hole.
Heard Bobby G. had bought it for storage of slot machines .
In the know

Carterville, IL

#11 Apr 22, 2012
Well, Dixie Cream Donuts bought it. They need more room for both their Deli and Donuts.
Sam

Ozark, MO

#12 Apr 22, 2012
Really, can you morons not read? It's going to be a coffee house with a knick-knack shop inside. Not Bobby G or Dixie Cream. I know the guy working on it for his mom.
really

Carterville, IL

#13 Apr 22, 2012
Sam wrote:
Really, can you morons not read? It's going to be a coffee house with a knick-knack shop inside. Not Bobby G or Dixie Cream. I know the guy working on it for his mom.
Really ! You called people morons because they were guessing and repeating what they heard! This is TOPIX as you know and hardley ever is there truth or facts to back up anything on here..so how does one know that what you say is so?
I too know a guy that that knows a guy that knows a gal that knows a guy that said they heard that the guy that knows the gal in the know that knows that guy any they said that he said she said they were going to make a pool hall and game room out of it to keep the kids off the streets. now that the bs from me is over,we can all wait and see.
Sam

De Soto, IL

#14 Apr 23, 2012
When there is a business owner on here telling you to "come see us when we open", does that not GIVE YOU A CLUE??? Jeez.
rumors

Carbondale, IL

#15 Apr 23, 2012
k & e offices. i work there.
lmao

Carterville, IL

#16 Apr 23, 2012
Hahaha once again Sam running mouth when obviously no clue about facts!!!!!!! You're on a roll aren't ya?!
one who knows

Mascoutah, IL

#17 Apr 23, 2012
I know nothing on this issue. I do wish them the best and I will support them whatever it is. Folks stay positive in your thinking.
RFCD

Carterville, IL

#18 Apr 25, 2012
The only thing that will open and do well in WF is something that takes the LINK card!
Chillin

Herrin, IL

#19 Apr 25, 2012
RFCD wrote:
The only thing that will open and do well in WF is something that takes the LINK card!
Ha ha ha Funny!!! but oh so true!!!!!
You got it

Mascoutah, IL

#20 Apr 25, 2012
RFCD wrote:
The only thing that will open and do well in WF is something that takes the LINK card!
You are exactly right. Time to make these people work for a living. I get so tired of them living off my back when they are capable of working. Two words: TOO LAZY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kermit Watkins Living Water Church 1 hr Truth hurts 17
Home Rule Signs Burned 1 hr Save West Frankfort 5
john Mize 1 hr Save West Frankfort 116
Man Arrested For Allegedly Possessing Six Pound... 1 hr forrest 11
WF Football 5 hr alumni 96
dustin curry (May '12) 6 hr Twodude 34
Who has a cool car in WF? (Aug '13) 6 hr AandE 31
West Frankfort Dating
Find my Match

West Frankfort Jobs

West Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]