Mother accused of hiding death of dau...

Mother accused of hiding death of daughter

There are 59 comments on the Northwest Herald story from Jul 21, 2011, titled Mother accused of hiding death of daughter. In it, Northwest Herald reports that:

In this installment, Chris Leathers shows us how to isolate and strengthen our core which is key to... Video: Enforcing safety on the river Quickcast: July 20, 2011 WEST FRANKFORT – A southern Illinois woman was jailed Wednesday on charges that she tried to cover up the death of her 8-year-old daughter, whose body was found in a crawl space ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Stonefort, IL

#1 Jul 22, 2011
West Frankfort...Imagine that!
Boomer

West Frankfort, IL

#2 Jul 22, 2011
Your attempt at levity is lost on me. You mean this crap doesn't happen all the time in Carbondale?
OMG

Trumann, AR

#3 Jul 28, 2011
http://www.kait8.com/story/15131001/charges-f...

Saw this on our local news.I hope that the jury won't let this trash go free as they did for ANthony!
I got sick when I looked at the picture of this precious little girl holding her doll present.

I hope this ignorant TRASH gets the hell beat out of her in the pen,on a regular basis!
You are all wrong

Dubuque, IA

#4 Jul 28, 2011
Get your facts straight! Why do you think she hasn's been pinned with homicide? Because she didnt do it! Her son (who is severely autistic and 10 years old) did it. Thats right people... The truth will all come out! She will still serve time for the 2 charges they have put against her. But she didnt kill Lexi. The 10 year old pushed her down the stairs and the other sister witnessed it all! You will see. I was at the funeral and it was an open casket. Not a single mark on her!
horse crap

Carbondale, IL

#5 Jul 28, 2011
You are all wrong wrote:
Get your facts straight! Why do you think she hasn's been pinned with homicide? Because she didnt do it! Her son (who is severely autistic and 10 years old) did it. Thats right people... The truth will all come out! She will still serve time for the 2 charges they have put against her. But she didnt kill Lexi. The 10 year old pushed her down the stairs and the other sister witnessed it all! You will see. I was at the funeral and it was an open casket. Not a single mark on her!
This scenario has already been noted the day the story broke that she'd make a pitiful attempt to pin this on that poor little boy as her scapegoat.
only in franklin co

Evanston, IL

#6 Jul 28, 2011
You are all wrong wrote:
please get a grip you moron i hope this worthless piece of shit gets life cause she deserves to live with her self every day a know she killed her child and even suffering isnt good enough what a joke you are fdor coming on here with that horse shit...and you can rot in hell as well.....
miss piggy

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2011
Oh I await that day cause everything I feel will more than likely be portrayed threw your beautiful words...this sorry excuse of a mother is exactly the poster child for why the EPA should be allowed to shut down the human reproduction system ...rot in hell whore and of course eat a dick and choke

Stonefort, IL

#10 Jul 29, 2011
miss piggy wrote:
Oh I await that day cause everything I feel will more than likely be portrayed threw your beautiful words...this sorry excuse of a mother is exactly the poster child for why the EPA should be allowed to shut down the human reproduction system ...rot in hell whore and of course eat a dick and choke
The EPA? Shut down the human reproduction system? uh..why..?
miss piggy

Evanston, IL

#11 Jul 29, 2011
please just look up EPA relyks and what they are about then try to incorporate that to situation at hand with amy l brown ...sorry if you dont get it ..its my humor..
my2cents

Carbondale, IL

#12 Jul 29, 2011
You are all wrong wrote:
Doesn't her son live with someone else? Not in the home with the Mother and sisters.

I was under the impression that he was removed by DCFS for neglect a few years ago, and then moved in with a relative.

Stonefort, IL

#13 Jul 29, 2011
miss piggy wrote:
please just look up EPA relyks and what they are about then try to incorporate that to situation at hand with amy l brown ...sorry if you dont get it ..its my humor..
Not gonna look it up, too lazy, but I assume it's the "Environmental Protection Agency"..?
miss piggy

Herrin, IL

#14 Jul 29, 2011
Relyks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna look it up, too lazy, but I assume it's the "Environmental Protection Agency"..?
yes dude wow...
OMG

Trumann, AR

#15 Jul 30, 2011
You are all wrong wrote:
The state also accused Zumwalt-Jophlin of lying to West Frankfort Police officers, telling them her daughter was missing. Instead she allegedly knew the 8 year old was dead in the basement. According to police, Smothers's body was found in a crawl space.

At a different court hearing, officers said the mother first called the child's death somewhat accidental then called it not accidental.

Those are my "facts" taken from the news story.She admitted it was NOT accidental.The body was found in a crawl space.
If it was an accident,and,the kid was pushed down the stairs by another one,why the big secret?
It's the same old story that she saw on court TV with the Caylee Anthony trial,the defense came up with the notion that she drowned in the swimming pool and the grandparents tried to cover it up.
Why in the hell would anybody even bother to do that? Knowing that an obvious cover-up immediately points the finger at them for the suspicion that it causes.A cover-up or attempt to hide a death usually means: somebody did something really WRONG.
Liars,cover-ups,etc,it's all the same: the effort is to put the blame on somebody or something else,and,not on who really did it.Cops and CSI are usually smarter than this,and,have dealt with it for a long long time.THey've seen and heard it all.She'll tell them before it's over with.Just watch.Just like the Anthony chick is going to screw up,just like OJ Simpson did.Once a killer and liar,always one.
Wondering

Harrisburg, IL

#16 Jul 30, 2011
Does anyone know if Mary has two sisters named Jennifer and Mickey?

If so, where is Mickey now? I used to go to elementary school with her and haven't seen her since.
Wondering

Harrisburg, IL

#18 Jul 30, 2011
The Jester wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the crawl space.
lol That IS funny but come on now, be serious. I really want to know if anybody has any information on Mickey.
Wow

Valdosta, GA

#19 Jul 30, 2011
She's on Facebook under the name Georgia Michelle Ross.
wondering

Harrisburg, IL

#20 Jul 30, 2011
Wow wrote:
She's on Facebook under the name Georgia Michelle Ross.
Found her! Thanks!
miss piggy

United States

#21 Jul 30, 2011
The Jester wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the crawl space.
oh my god that was great..keep making me proud ....
get real

United States

#22 Aug 1, 2011
Shame on you "You are all wrong"!! Before you blame a 10 year old child you should be very sure of the facts..especially a disabled child who already has enough to deal with!#1-although this child is autistic he's not prone to violence #2..and this is the big one..the mother doesn't even have custody of him he is being raised by other family members! As far as not a single mark, I would think a fall down the stairs would produce alot of marks. Wait till the investigation is finished instead of jumping to conculsions.
haha

United States

#23 Aug 1, 2011
apparently everyone wants to be casey anthony these days wtf ppl quit havin kids if ur just gonna off them cause u cant deal with it or u wnt attention or whatever

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Burnett needing info 2 hr Japanese 21
37 motel 2 hr Youknow 3
Caucasian lives ! 3 hr BIGGERDADDY420 1
Who are the toughest guys in Town? 4 hr tough guy 4
good news for once! 4 hr buffy sue 17
Drug raids are about to begin 4 hr Robin boy Wonder 10
Brittany Barton 11 hr HotDog 7

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance