Places to eat in West Frankfort

Posted in the West Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Here4Now

United States

#1 Nov 28, 2009
Finally something good to eat in W.F. Somewhere there is plenty of parking and good food. Way to go Miranda's on Main
Here4Now

Herod, IL

#2 Nov 28, 2009
As for another restaurant in town..it is just one big Gossip fest ....of who is doing who?? I really thought Grown adults had better things to do with there time than that.
Twinkles

United States

#3 Nov 28, 2009
We have ate at Miranda's several times and have been pleased every time. It is wonderful to have someplace nice to eat in town besides fast food.
Unknown

Marion, IL

#4 Nov 28, 2009
I have never tried that place everyone I know that has tried it didnt like it so I've never been there..
Simon

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2009
I absolutely love La Villa. Great food and excellent service every time I have been there. Not been to Mirandas yet, so cannot comment there
Twinkles

United States

#6 Nov 29, 2009
Is it true that Swain owns this place? That might be why no one wants to go.
Hungry Local

Palatine, IL

#7 Nov 29, 2009
Miranda's was awesome the first four times I ate there. The service was great, the food was excellent and the plates were FULL. Everything I'd want in a restaurant!

However, the last two times were almost pathetic. The food quality was well below par, the portions were MUCH smaller than my previous visits. For example -the first two time I ate there I ordered an Omelet... The Miranda I believe it's called. It was HUGE and very filling. The last time I ordered it, it was very small, had much less meat in it and it didn't have the Jalapenos as advertised.

I may try back once more to see if they have returned to their previous glory. If not, that's just one more local restaurant to mark off my list.

Come on Miranda's! Bring back the quality and portions you had when you opened up!
good food

United States

#8 Nov 30, 2009
hi every body i just want to say a few things about our places to eat first lets start with mexican its ok i like it but what i dont like about it is the waiters most of them cant understand english also same for the chinese places as for mirands i cant say any thing really great for it maybe there coffee is the best there food is good as well some of it but i just do there breakfast now comes lolas i find that place has the best tasteing food as it all and there chicken and dumplings are tops it may not be the youngest place in town to eat but its not bad food at all ccs down the road is for the high school kids as well as RC across the road now for just fast foods well i like long johns best mikes second mcds 3rd and hardees 4th oh i did forget trip eee now they got a half way good salad bar needs a little up grade on that some times there food is half done or cold so i dont go there much and im not into the pizz much so i leave that alone now for the best steak money can buy i like the western sizzlin in marion good food as well as salad bar great waites so that sums it up happy eating
west frankfort

United States

#9 Nov 30, 2009
ill haft to give my vote to lolas for really good food yummy you should try it befor you knock it
little reedy

Blooming Glen, PA

#10 Nov 30, 2009
I have tried the new cafe Perk N Brew and I have to say the food is great, the menu is limited but, the quality is great. We need little eclectic healthier than most (I hear they are mostly organic and their drinks are to die for) try them and let me know if you feel the same. By the way they have the coolest record shop in there, who knew WestFrankfort could pull culture off.
little reedy

Blooming Glen, PA

#11 Nov 30, 2009
I have tried the new little cafe in town Perk N Brew. Food was great, menu is a bit limited. But prices are good and food is mostly organic.They also have a great record shop as well.Their drinks are the best I have ever had. Try the Snowman soup.Nice to have culture in town.
HERE4NOW

United States

#12 Nov 30, 2009
West frankfort only likes Lolas for one reason and it aint the food
Simon

United States

#13 Nov 30, 2009
Swain owns the building and leases it to La Villa.

Rugged cross has great food, IF you ever find them open in the evening........

Anytime some rates our restaurants and includes Hardees, I just stop listening
Simon

United States

#14 Nov 30, 2009
And great steaks does not bring Western Sizzlin to mind HAHAHA!!!
Twinkles

United States

#15 Nov 30, 2009
I don't think the food at Lola's is near as good as Miranda's. I think you are right people sit and drink coffee and gossip.
MAD

United States

#16 Nov 30, 2009
I've eaten at miranda's a few times, the first time i tried it their service was horrible, food was good though. I gave them a couple of weeks and tried them again and I was surprised with the step up in their service. I've never had any problem's with their food, as i work in frankfort 2 times a week and eat breakfast almost every morning i work in frankfort. Some of the guys i've gone there with have had only a few minor problems and that was with how their steaks were cooked but that problem was quickly resolved by the owner. I have nothing bad to say about the place i would recommend it to anyone.
Black Fox

United States

#17 Nov 30, 2009
La Fiesta is actually pretty good. Its a great atmosphere and a good family fun place. The food is pretty cheap but good!!!! I love the drink specials and the good lunch specials when im in a hurry during lunch hour..
Here4Now

Herod, IL

#18 Dec 1, 2009
Lolas is not as good as Mirandas..plus the parking is easier at Miranda's and the only ones that go to Lola's repeatedly are major gossips.
yes

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2009
We've been to Miranda's once for lunch and it was really good! We'll be going back soon!

Since: Dec 09

United States

#20 Dec 2, 2009
It is hard to believe that people continue to knock Swains. They are a hard working family. They suffered a terrible loss but did not give up, they keep on trying. I know of many families that they have helped. They do not deserve to have anyone say mean things about them. They tried very hard to make a nice family restaurant in a building that was sitting empty. It gives the high schoolers somewhere to have a nice lunch.
Just enjoy & be happy for each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda's on main 12 hr True 64
quote for today 21 hr whitey 4
Mike M vs D Rogers Fri whitey 2
Melissa & heather Fri Are ya kiddin 14
girly basketball Thu Mother of a girly... 4
Fis Dec 18 sickofitall 9
W.F. Schools are full of lazy teachers! Dec 17 brown 12
West Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:02 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:02AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler