Park League Tournaments
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parent of Two

Carbondale, IL

#1 Jul 14, 2012
Why do parents and coaches go out there and make total fools of themselves and scream at young children over park ball? The unfair play was rampid as always. As I hear the names of people who were the very worst, no one is suprised. I just hate it for the kids so much. The last game of the season was scary and intimidating by so called "GROWNUPS".
Spectator

Carbondale, IL

#2 Jul 14, 2012
Sad to say that is the shape of things the recreation association has allowed things to deteriorate to.
Just saying

Galatia, IL

#3 Jul 14, 2012
Parent of Two wrote:
Why do parents and coaches go out there and make total fools of themselves and scream at young children over park ball? The unfair play was rampid as always. As I hear the names of people who were the very worst, no one is suprised. I just hate it for the kids so much. The last game of the season was scary and intimidating by so called "GROWNUPS".
Sorry to say but this is the third forum on this subject....u may want to read West Frankfort Park and WF Concession Stand.....brace yourself.....there is real idiot on there named Factsplease......his comments explain exactly why things are the way they are....

I am really beginning to think that they are trying to get rid of summer ball completely, so the park would be wide open for travel teams....just a thought
Wondering

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 14, 2012
Parent of Two: enlighten us as to who the idiots are. I can just about guess. Been there done that.
good ol boys

Kansas City, KS

#5 Jul 14, 2012
Hey as long as you got a friend on the REC board, you can play ping pong on the field and still win. You can make up rules to cater to your own teams weaknesses, then call your REC buddy to give you the okay to that "new" change, and then you can scream at the other teams coaches for questioning the REAL rules they had been playing by, without an explanation!
Foul Ball

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 14, 2012
good ol boys wrote:
Hey as long as you got a friend on the REC board, you can play ping pong on the field and still win. You can make up rules to cater to your own teams weaknesses, then call your REC buddy to give you the okay to that "new" change, and then you can scream at the other teams coaches for questioning the REAL rules they had been playing by, without an explanation!
Wow!!! You hit the nail on the head with that. Isn't it funny that year after year these same things happen and same people are the ones doing it. Again, they wonder why there aren't many kids involved in park ball. However, as long as it is their way, everything is just fine. Shame on you rec board for running the program straight in the ground.
Just sayin

Galatia, IL

#7 Jul 15, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Parent of Two: enlighten us as to who the idiots are. I can just about guess. Been there done that.
I am not sure but do have a couple of ideas.....HE asked for suggestions, so I gave the pig some....he shot down everything......imagine that!!
Wondering

Galatia, IL

#8 Jul 15, 2012
Foul Ball wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! You hit the nail on the head with that. Isn't it funny that year after year these same things happen and same people are the ones doing it. Again, they wonder why there aren't many kids involved in park ball. However, as long as it is their way, everything is just fine. Shame on you rec board for running the program straight in the ground.
Who is on the rec (wreck) board? Do 2 of the members have kids on the Orient team?
Real Housewife

Kansas City, KS

#9 Jul 15, 2012
I was involved in the rec assoc many years ago. Never has changed, only gotten worse. The majority of the people who run things and coach are in it for their own kids. Not all, but some. They need someone in charge who doesn't have kids playing, and who can be fair and impartial. Hard to find. As for the parents of players-some are fools and set poor examples. They should never be allowed at the games. I've certainly kicked a few out in my day. This should be a learning experience for the kids-how to learn the fundamentals and how to be a team player and get along with kids from other parts of town. I have nothing against the parents who want more for their kids and who have them involved in traveling teams. But many shop around to other towns. As long as the league allows that, this will continue to be a problem. If you can cheer your kid and all the others on, then shut up and stay home.
Same old Same old

Steeleville, IL

#10 Jul 16, 2012
It is called The Corndog Mafia. The park doesn't run the leagues the TCM does. Unlike other towns that provide umpires and nice uniforms and games that start on time, we get a t-shirt with a sponsors name, provide your own ump and if the coaches before you are considerate your game starts on time. Ask a member of the TCM where all their left over Cardinal tickets go. You know the handful they hand out on picture day, nice tax write off just for season tickets. You didn't think you got the good games, did you? Or access to the right to buy the playoff tickets, but the kids league pays for it and they love it. Dont even ask where the concession money goes. Remember the next park board election vote for somebody new.
Old Bird

Carbondale, IL

#11 Jul 16, 2012
Park board and rec board 2 different groups.
Same old Same old

Steeleville, IL

#12 Jul 16, 2012
Park Board gives the Rec Board the power. It could all be change with new members.
Wondering

Galatia, IL

#13 Jul 16, 2012
Same old Same old wrote:
Park Board gives the Rec Board the power. It could all be change with new members.
When are the elections?
undergroundga

Carbondale, IL

#14 Jul 18, 2012
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to say but this is the third forum on this subject....u may want to read West Frankfort Park and WF Concession Stand.....brace yourself.....there is real idiot on there named Factsplease......his comments explain exactly why things are the way they are....
I am really beginning to think that they are trying to get rid of summer ball completely, so the park would be wide open for travel teams....just a thought
That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read!
Hmmm

Galatia, IL

#15 Jul 18, 2012
undergroundga wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be the dumbest thing I have ever read!
They do rent out fields to travel teams.....how else do u explain the lack of concern for the declining numbers....and rec board members telling off coaches.....doesn't seem like they care if it stays or grows......since you are so intelligent explain the unexplainable....especially since two key members are strong supporters of traveling teams
Hmmmm

Galatia, IL

#16 Jul 19, 2012
Still waiting .......
undergroundga

Sesser, IL

#17 Jul 20, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
Still waiting .......
And? If you you really don't think they care why don't you come out and help. Who knows you might make a difference in some kids life. I know they sure could use it. Too bad the ball fields don't get the attention the tennis courts do. Now there is something to complain about.:)
undergroundga

Sesser, IL

#18 Jul 20, 2012
Oh, and I am a huge supporter of travel ball. We love it and have a blast. Right now, instead of beig at home watching tv or at the skating rink, my daughter is playing in a tournament in Mattoon. She will spend the weekend with 12 friends playing a game she loves(for however long that may be). Then she wil be back to represent our lil town in a tournament all next week. Ithink some of us just care bout this sport a lot more than others. That's why we do it everyday after our jobs. By do it mean participate instead of sitting back complaining.
Hmmmm

Galatia, IL

#19 Jul 21, 2012
undergroundga wrote:
<quoted text>
And? If you you really don't think they care why don't you come out and help. Who knows you might make a difference in some kids life. I know they sure could use it. Too bad the ball fields don't get the attention the tennis courts do. Now there is something to complain about.:)
You never answered the question at hand.....and there are declining numbers....read the other forumns ....people have tried to come forward and help......they get told off.....for a fact a coach got told off this year bc the coach wanted to follow rules....just wait and see next spring.....there won't be enough kids....and it is a shame....
Hmmmm

Galatia, IL

#20 Jul 21, 2012
undergroundga wrote:
Oh, and I am a huge supporter of travel ball. We love it and have a blast. Right now, instead of beig at home watching tv or at the skating rink, my daughter is playing in a tournament in Mattoon. She will spend the weekend with 12 friends playing a game she loves(for however long that may be). Then she wil be back to represent our lil town in a tournament all next week. Ithink some of us just care bout this sport a lot more than others. That's why we do it everyday after our jobs. By do it mean participate instead of sitting back complaining.
Oh and by the way not all people can afford to be on travel teams....and not all people want to travel.....good for you but not all people can do that.....that is the concern.....and yes I am talking about people who work and have families.....some would like WF to have enough teams to have competition in their own town....now how is that so bad....wanting to keep things local and accessible so more kids can participate???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
look out mark hoppers snitching 55 min WTF8 17
melville 1 hr oman 7
Terra mitchell in jail??? 1 hr Candy 15
Murphy's House of Tattoos 1 hr BMB 38
Alecia Ledbetter 4 hr Lunatik 31
What are the Hopper boys up to? 5 hr Suzy 3
West Frankfort trash 6 hr guitar2play 21

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Frankfort Mortgages