Thoughts
WF Finest

Kelseyville, CA

#2 Jul 2, 2011
Because it's in Illinois?
City limits

O Fallon, MO

#3 Jul 2, 2011
If you really don't know, think about it.
Wello

Valdosta, GA

#4 Jul 2, 2011
There a lots of reasons. Economy, no self-respect, lack of respect for others, facebook, you can go on and on as reasons why. Bottom line is respecting yourself and others. Yes you can be poor but you can still have self respect. YOu can still clean your yard, get off the computer and lose weight, hope for a better you, and town. And keep the faith. All is not lost, look up once in a while, a star just might fall in your lap. No change will come until people change, so look in the mirror and say to yourself every morning until you get it. "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and by golly, people like me. "
ABC123

Valdosta, GA

#5 Jul 2, 2011
Hey WF Finest SHUT UP ,,, then freaking move
WF Finest

Kelseyville, CA

#6 Jul 2, 2011
ABC123 wrote:
Hey WF Finest SHUT UP ,,, then freaking move
Hey ABC123 GROW UP, then mind your own business. Besides, I'm not the one that started this thread and I'd rather stay here and continue proactively trying to change this town rather than sit around whining about it with my head up my a$$ like some people on here. Though I can't do too much about the state of Illinois as a whole, together as a community we can do a lot about our town.
ABC123

Valdosta, GA

#7 Jul 3, 2011
WF Finest wrote:
<quoted text>Hey ABC123 GROW UP, then mind your own business. Besides, I'm not the one that started this thread and I'd rather stay here and continue proactively trying to change this town rather than sit around whining about it with my head up my a$$ like some people on here. Though I can't do too much about the state of Illinois as a whole, together as a community we can do a lot about our town.
Really you are taking this crap wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to serious!!!! wayyy to serious
W F RESIDENT

Paducah, KY

#8 Jul 3, 2011
Topicman wrote:
Thoughts
A town is only as good as it's citizens. Do you keep your property mowed and cleaned up? Do you volunteer on clean up day? Do you litter? I guess I'd like to know if you're part of the solution or the problem. Where have you been? There has been a lot of improvements. Look at the new park...the restoration of the military depot.
a lot of reasons

Marion, IL

#9 Jul 4, 2011
This town has always been run by good ole boys that put their personal interests (money) first--we elect city council and we pay their health insurance? Thanks for the public servant bs. Jesus. We live in the worst county for employment in southern illinois but Benton is so much nicer. Why? We have the most housing units by far, not that all in housing are bad people but the generational dependence on aid is still there plus right or wrong, no one wants to buy a house near housing units. Go to Lola's and you'll hear the solutions to all the world's problems but Wf can't even get people to mow their grass.

Any town i've ever driven through, you'd be able to drive through an area with very nice homes. WF, one nice home, the next home a rental with crap in their yard, etc.

City council and/or community council tearing down buildings, which is great but are any real businesses coming to town. Doubt it and haven't heard even gossip as to that. One problem with a "community business group", to keep good ole boys in business, sure don't want a wal-mart or franchise. Its real competition so real growth difficult for city. But hey, we all know each other and soon we'll know EVERY ONE in town because WF headed for Johnston City or even Thompsonville caliber someday. WF will dwindle down in population while towns around us get bigger and someday with a collective question, "what the f#%@ happened to us"?

Wish I knew answers but like most people, i guess i'm part of problem, not solution. God help us. One serious suggestion though, we need to get an attorney ready to sue some politician when a wisecrack is made about "have you been to WF?" with a smirk while its considered letting town get washed away like poor Cairo. Smile, you're going away!
One more

Marion, IL

#10 Jul 4, 2011
Just drove down main street, saw a couple of american flags. On the 4th of July??? What a disgrace WF.

That in a nutshell is why this town is "crappy".
ABC123

Valdosta, GA

#11 Jul 4, 2011
WF Finest wrote:
<quoted text>Hey ABC123 GROW UP, then mind your own business. Besides, I'm not the one that started this thread and I'd rather stay here and continue proactively trying to change this town rather than sit around whining about it with my head up my a$$ like some people on here. Though I can't do too much about the state of Illinois as a whole, together as a community we can do a lot about our town.
Nope my head is not up my ass, and this crap about working together as a community really ? this is not Mayberry, like I said before if anyone does not like this town then move,,,,,

Since: Mar 11

Johnston City, IL

#12 Jul 5, 2011
To one more. You are not by yourself about the flags. I was just livid when I went thru town and the only place with a flag flying was VFW. Were they out on Sunday? Whos calendar are they using?? The 4th is the 4th.
Bird

Englewood, CO

#13 Jul 5, 2011
haha well....just read the CRAP on this website, and that answers your question of why this town is so crappy<<<<<THE PEOPLE IN IT, MAKES THE TOWN...... and all west frankfort people have to do is site on this website and talk bad about people!
Topicman

Herrin, IL

#14 Jul 6, 2011
WF Finest wrote:
How can you proactively change this town.its already terrible. I think you mean reactively
Topicman

Herrin, IL

#15 Jul 6, 2011
Bird wrote:
haha well....just read the CRAP on this website, and that answers your question of why this town is so crappy<<<<<THE PEOPLE IN IT, MAKES THE TOWN...... and all west frankfort people have to do is site on this website and talk bad about people!
Not true.this site has a page for every town in the us dumbazz
W F RESIDENT

Paducah, KY

#16 Jul 6, 2011
When I went through town on the 4th I also saw flags flying at Strand Park, The Coal Miners Memorial Park and the Military Depot Museum (As they do everyday) Open your eyes !!!!
W F RESIDENT

Paducah, KY

#17 Jul 6, 2011
If yu do't like where you live... leave. No one is making you stay here.
ABC123

Valdosta, GA

#18 Jul 6, 2011
Miss Jordan wrote:
To one more. You are not by yourself about the flags. I was just livid when I went thru town and the only place with a flag flying was VFW. Were they out on Sunday? Whos calendar are they using?? The 4th is the 4th.
You did not look hard enough cause my flag was flying: what pisses me off about this tonw is we have parades for Baseball , Coal Miners , but what about the 4th of July??? really why not a parade like that Homecoming in this tonw gets more attention than the 4th sorta sad dont you think???? and we usually dont win our homecoming games!!!!!!!!!!
Nah

Marion, IL

#19 Jul 7, 2011
Nah, I'm not moving, I like living in a dump and living next to your broke ass. Try to get me to mow my grass. I won't get a job either, get aid from government. Covers my beer money. Hopefully I can get into housing soon, them more aid. Dont have to pay for anything. Thankyou all you harding working taxpayers! ahahahahaha
W F Resident

Paducah, KY

#20 Jul 7, 2011
To start with I'm not broke. I own my house and my vehicles.(meaning no banks or finance companies has leins on them) I'm not surprised that you don't have a job, pride, or social status. If you want to know why W.F. is what it is....look in the mirror !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello beautiful 30 min ahsosorry 5
Houses For Sale 35 min les 3
Brittney Younger 36 min Buzzkill 2
West Frankfort Water Dept. 57 min Captain Prak 49
Black sports car spotted trying to run cars off... 6 hr james 11
Teresa Patton 7 hr Yep 18
Mandrell 9 hr Well 3

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance