Emergency health services employees n...

Emergency health services employees not paid

There are 628 comments on the Harrisburg Daily Register story from Jan 6, 2007, titled Emergency health services employees not paid. In it, Harrisburg Daily Register reports that:

By Mona Sandefur American News Service Published: Saturday, January 6, 2007 8:39 AM CST BENTON - Mercy Regional Emergency Health Services employees did not receive their paychecks on Friday, but according to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harrisburg Daily Register.

JKEJC

Fayetteville, AR

#84 Mar 12, 2008
All of you people are jealous of Clay's success, instead of being helpful and making the EMS community stronger. You all spend your time knocking other people who are doing good for the smaller surrounding communities. When your efforts could be better spent your fellow EMS personel!
Many COUNTIES would have no EMS sevices if it wasnt for CLAY HOBBS!
I support him 110%
Janey day

Fayetteville, AR

#85 Mar 12, 2008
DISPTCH 4 wrote:
GOOGLE CLAYTON W. HOBBS AND YOU WILL BE ABLE FIND THE INDICTMENT......AND SCREW WITH MEDICARE IN ONE STATE AND IT'S GOOD FOR THEM ALL.HE IS DEBARRED....
It not suprising that there are many stupid comments like this on this forum. Too many people spend their time talking out of their arses when they don't even have the correct information. If more time was spent supporting the EMS community instead of being negative to people who are trying to help maybe Oklahoma wouldn't have so many communities without EMS service. Perhaps more time should be spent improving services and those that need to improve their services know who you are. I am proud to be a friend of Clay Hobbs and very disappointed in those people that are susposed to be providing a service to their communities that let their own jealous and inadequacies get in the way of doing their jobs.

Clay has my susport 200%
looking in

United States

#86 Mar 13, 2008
medic712 wrote:
Well I have done some investigating myself... I have found out that absoletley nothing has happened with the federal investigation, otherwise unfounded. I called several towns where Mercy provides service, the fire chiefs and 911 director has nothing but good things to say bout them. I spoke with some of their medics in Tulsa today, they love working there. They said they have NEVER had a problme with their paychecks..in fact they are paid better than what I am. From what it sounds like some po dunk backwoods ambulance service has lost a contract to a much better service. You go Mercy! It seems Like this guy Clay Hobbs does do a good job...
My suggestion to you all would be check the situation out before you go bad mouthing someone! You idiots are what hurts paramedics and ambulance service images.
Let this be a lesson to all of you , If it smells like stuff, it probably is
what ever

Carbondale, IL

#87 Mar 13, 2008
What about all the peoples jobs that are going to lost from all of this and the people that are going to be with out ambuance service. You need to stop thinking about yourselves and ask "what if it was you that needed an ambulance or maybe your child or parent. Stop and think about someone other than yourself. If Clay did wrong then punish Clay not the empployees and the communty.
looking in

United States

#88 Mar 13, 2008
whatevermedic ok wrote:
you have no idea about ok ems. clay was released as soon as he was taken into the court house. cleared. bye. no indicments. ask yourself why isn't this in the tulsa paper?

So the government was wrong after a 2 year investigation ?
St Francis

Claremore, OK

#89 Mar 13, 2008
I think all of you people need to get your facts straight. This is nothing but a big rumor that has been started by someone who has nothing better to do and cant keep his own service out of trouble!
purple

Carbondale, IL

#90 Mar 13, 2008
Well, you can read all about it in the Benton Evening News issue 03/12/08 front page. It is on the web at www.bentoneveningnews.com definitely interesting reading
St Francis

Claremore, OK

#91 Mar 13, 2008
I have met Mr. Hobbs and I truley believe this is an accident that has been blown out of proportion. Thats all!
Sassafras

Belle Rive, IL

#92 Mar 13, 2008
Those are some pretty potent "rumors" flying around. It is all over the tv and newspapers.
looking in

United States

#93 Mar 13, 2008
whatevermedic ok wrote:
you have no idea about ok ems. clay was released as soon as he was taken into the court house. cleared. bye. no indicments. ask yourself why isn't this in the tulsa paper?
He was released on bond and will report to the federal judge in Illinois according to the news,It will take a court and a long time before he is cleared of the charges, it is far from over.
what ever

Carbondale, IL

#94 Mar 13, 2008
St Francis wrote:
I think all of you people need to get your facts straight. This is nothing but a big rumor that has been started by someone who has nothing better to do and cant keep his own service out of trouble!
THE FBI, US DEPT OF LABOR AND THE OTHER FEDERAL AGENCIES DON'T GO ON JUST RUMORS. THEY HAVE EVIDENCE, HOW MUCH NOT SURE. HOWEVER, I AM JUST SAYING THAT MERCY SERVICES AN ENTIRE COUNTY IN IL - THESE PEOPLE RELY ON MERCY FOR AMBULANCE SERVICE. AND THE FACT IS THE FEDS CAN SHUT MERCY IN IL DOWN AT ANY TIME IF THEY FEEL THAT THE LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN. AND THIS EFFECTS A LOT OF PEOPLE.
why

Carbondale, IL

#95 Mar 13, 2008
Clay is a good person and those who don't know him should not judge him. What happen to innocent till proven guilty.
Medic913

Claremore, OK

#96 Mar 13, 2008
To DISPTCH 4. Central Med EMS was bad after all. Your owner has been indicted for medicare fraud as well! His "Great Company" has been shut down to a town that runs less than 300 calls a year so he really can't do that much damage. Central Med paramedics aren't exactly up to speed either on their patient care and professionalism. Why does it take an hour to get to an unconcious diabetic that is right down the street? Boy....that sounds good. I want those retards working on me!!!! As far as Clay getting arrested...well it happened. But the Federal Judge laughed at the prosecuting attorney when they presented the case and threw it out. Part of the stuff they tried to charge him with was on a guy out of Texas named Clay Hobbs....diffrent social security number and diffrent DOB (that means date of birth to all you Central Med folk), not even the right guy.
NonEMSWonderer

Afton, OK

#97 Mar 13, 2008
I was wondering Medic913 how did you happen upon both Clay Hobbs socials. I understand tax info is a part of public record but not personal socials. Did you get in touch with both clays and ask for it and they gave it to you freely or is it more a lies. Wanting to believe and the truth are two different things. And to make fun of people you deem dumber than you is just hurtful. Noone here claimed to get vital information like social security numbers and compare them. So who is the stupid looking one. Unless your a spy or secret agent then sorry for the comment.
Medic913 wrote:
To DISPTCH 4. Central Med EMS was bad after all. Your owner has been indicted for medicare fraud as well! His "Great Company" has been shut down to a town that runs less than 300 calls a year so he really can't do that much damage. Central Med paramedics aren't exactly up to speed either on their patient care and professionalism. Why does it take an hour to get to an unconcious diabetic that is right down the street? Boy....that sounds good. I want those retards working on me!!!! As far as Clay getting arrested...well it happened. But the Federal Judge laughed at the prosecuting attorney when they presented the case and threw it out. Part of the stuff they tried to charge him with was on a guy out of Texas named Clay Hobbs....diffrent social security number and diffrent DOB (that means date of birth to all you Central Med folk), not even the right guy.
Medic913

Edmond, OK

#98 Mar 13, 2008
Dear NonEMSWonderer,
It isn't hard to gather the information when you do your homework. The Mr. Hobbs in Texas has had some problems of his own when it comes to the judicial system. And it also isn't hard to gather important details when you are in the court room and you hear it from the judges mouth. But I guess you have to be a spy or secret agent to figure that out. As far as people being "dumber" than me....well sometimes the truth hurts. Some people don't belong in EMS. Do you want your mother or child to wait an hour for an ambulance that is right down the street? I don't. So for the record....who is the stupid looking one now?
A true believer

Jones, OK

#99 Mar 13, 2008
REMO is a good service? I was reading back posts. I have some knowledge of REMO. I know they had narcs stolen from a unit on more than 1 occasion, and Clay and Joyce tried to cover it up and not report it to State. I also know that Leann is the main reason REMO went under, she is without a doubt the worst person to try and run a company. It is obvious that Mercy will be a good addition to the Vinita area, as long as Mr Hobbs can stay afloat and out of jail. But of course he will not, and so, you are all screwed! LMAO
I heard a story

Jones, OK

#100 Mar 13, 2008
REMO EMS works hard and is a great group of people.: mike,Tate,Ryan, Kate, Leann, Brian, Hannah,Jason,Jared,Angel,Alish a,Crystal,Cindy,Tammy,Clay,Joy ce. Keep up the good work.
About the people listed above. They are really the worst group of medics in the entire state! If you have the option of dying alone or calling one of them, by all means die alone. That is, if you can get Mike and Angel out of their bed. Or if you can get Tammy out of Clay's bed. Or if Leann could get her head out of her rectum.
NonEMSWonderer

Afton, OK

#101 Mar 13, 2008
So what you are telling me is you never did get there socials, which makes you a liar from the start. And since you were there you are either a court appointed official or a loyal Clay fan. I to have heard a lot of stories about Mercy and the other companies Clay Hobbs owns and most are horror stories. I would rather wait an hour for a real EMS worker than one not be there cause the employees didn't come in cause they didn't get paid. As for looking dumb I don't feel I do. I wonder with your superior attitude are you a paramedic working for Mercy or one of the other companies owned by Clay Hobbs. I guess the news channel i was watching tonight that mentioned Mercy not paying there employees was a different Mercy and not owned by Mr. Hobbs. And no it wasn’t some public access channel it was channel 6 news Tulsa. Maybe the news was wrong too who knows. Since you do know so much why not play the lotto, win and give some of that money to Hobbs so he can pay his employees. Realize one thing even though you are getting paid there are some working for Hobbs whom aren’t. And just because you can’t see past the money he pays you doesn't mean the news isn't true.
Medic913 wrote:
Dear NonEMSWonderer,
It isn't hard to gather the information when you do your homework. The Mr. Hobbs in Texas has had some problems of his own when it comes to the judicial system. And it also isn't hard to gather important details when you are in the court room and you hear it from the judges mouth. But I guess you have to be a spy or secret agent to figure that out. As far as people being "dumber" than me....well sometimes the truth hurts. Some people don't belong in EMS. Do you want your mother or child to wait an hour for an ambulance that is right down the street? I don't. So for the record....who is the stupid looking one now?
oklamedic

Tulsa, OK

#102 Mar 13, 2008
NonEMSWonderer wrote:
I was wondering Medic913 how did you happen upon both Clay Hobbs socials. I understand tax info is a part of public record but not personal socials. Did you get in touch with both clays and ask for it and they gave it to you freely or is it more a lies. Wanting to believe and the truth are two different things. And to make fun of people you deem dumber than you is just hurtful. Noone here claimed to get vital information like social security numbers and compare them. So who is the stupid looking one. Unless your a spy or secret agent then sorry for the comment.
<quoted text>
I don't know about social security numbers, but what about the supervisor of the company, standing there on the 10:00 news in Tulsa Oklahoma stating the same person everyone on this forum has been talking about is the person who has been named in this mess. I think that pretty much tells the tail. Don't need a social security number for that.
Medic

AOL

#103 Mar 14, 2008
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx...

I see that Oklahoma finally picked up on the story.

Clay Hobbs was arrested, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Administration fraud. Failure to have workers compensation, insurance on ambulances, and the list goes on. According to the news this morning, OK State Dept of Health Sean Rogers is waiting for some paperwork from Mercy to prove they are separate companies. This will be hard to do since they are owned by the same person, Clay Hobbs. The dispatch center in Owasso also dispatches for Illinois...just like Illinois dispatched the Oklahoma ambulances while Hobbs was setting up shop here. They might look separate on paper, since Hobbs has Oklahoma Mercy under a separate corporate name.....but that is just paper.

Mercy is Mercy and up to the same old tricks here in Oklahoma. It will be a while before Oklahoma catches up to Hobbs, and when they start getting close I am sure he will just move into yet another state with his shady business practices and establish another new corporate umbrella to hide under.

I love the quote from Duke Dixon, Centurion Health Systems of Owasso (The Chief Operating Officer of the new sham Corporation Hobbs is hiding under) "Our service in Oklahoma has nothing to do with anything in Illinois"

You can put a pig in a dress, you have a dressed up pig but it is still a pig. Mercy is still Mercy regardless of the new dress (Corporate Name). I am sure the Oklahoma Bureaucrats will drag their feet and take their time to analyze Hobbs shady business practices, while watching the dressed up pig dance around...it takes their attention off the shell game he is playing. Hide it here, hide it there. He must have received his Corporate training at a carnival. Another sucker born every minute.

Another sucker to stand by him.

As Janey Day wrote in a previous post "Clay has my susport 200%"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
earthworks 6 hr neutral corner 20
Scott Turner 7 hr Get A Big Boy Job 1
backpage 15 hr Veronica 3
keep Mr. limp I got Mr. Rock hard 17 hr Happy 26
City Scam (Sep '15) 22 hr Sickofit 26
Looking for a house to rent.. Tue trythis 5
erika grimes (Apr '15) Tue The truth 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Frankfort Mortgages