Barnwell, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

HAHA what a joke of a department, they have run down trucks take forever to respond and have gun ho boys on there who are just in it to run fast with the lights and siren on and there chief still wants to run things like its the 90's
just me

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

I don't see you volunteering to donate your time! They do a pretty good job for not getting paid a penny. Also, most of them respond faster than any other town around here. Especially the EMTs, so don't be so quick to judge.
Kodi Wright-Phillips

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Ya kno its sad that ur saying all of this. Its a small town so sorry the trucks arent up to ur standards. As for response time ur a mess bc they have great response time. Like the other poster said u.dont seem.to be volunteering ur valuable time to help tbem out. So why dont u pick on another small town!
wtf wrote:
HAHA what a joke of a department, they have run down trucks take forever to respond and have gun ho boys on there who are just in it to run fast with the lights and siren on and there chief still wants to run things like its the 90's
thinking

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

just me wrote:
I don't see you volunteering to donate your time! They do a pretty good job for not getting paid a penny. Also, most of them respond faster than any other town around here. Especially the EMTs, so don't be so quick to judge.
they do the best they can with what they have,buT I was also informed that they do get paid for every call they go out on.might have been told wrong info.
just me

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Sorry but you was informed wrong. No they are volunteer.
tony clifton

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

id rather have the so called "joke" of a fire dept than any other fire dept any day of the week
buddy

Fontana, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

my parents house burnt 6 time before the put it out. that's they said it was good then about 30 min later up n flames again. on top of that 2 of the POS so called heroes still 3 guns from my father. trash!!
TiredOfIt

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

If a house burnt 6 times, I am thinking it is not the FD's problem, sounds like an arson! Jeez.
LocalLaw

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

The T'ville fire dept. is one of the best group of volunteers to work with. Any time, any weather, any type of call, when called they show up. They make the best with what they have. More times than not they more with less than other departments of similar size and staffing. Of all the departments I've worked with I rank T'ville at or near the top most of the time.
Lol3

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

I have had a fire in Thompsonville and they did an amazing job it was a trailer. I guess who ever is posting negative really doesn't know the team that volunteers for that little town. They are awesome with response time, they do a great job and get nothing in return. They work full time regular jobs but still jump out of bed all through the day or night to help anyone and everyone. While you are asleep in your bed. As far as stealing I believe you are a big fat liar and are making that up just to post a post. I've lived in Thompsonville for over twenty years and am thankful for them all. I've seen what they do and for free. Thank you to all Thompsonville firefighters. Don't let idiots who wouldn't work an hour for free put you down. The people of Thompsonville know what you do and appreciate it.
Brittany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

First
buddy wrote:
my parents house burnt 6 time before the put it out. that's they said it was good then about 30 min later up n flames again. on top of that 2 of the POS so called heroes still 3 guns from my father. trash!!
first of all, I highly doubt they stole any guns from anyone. I know every person on the department including my husband. They are all volunteer and do not get paid. And im sorry for your fathers loss. But it's very rare a house is saved after it has caught on fire.
Thankful

Enfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

I'm thankful that we have volunteers and appreciate all their hard work.
dreamers

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

U people are full of chit if u think they are a good fire dept, that hillbilly chief they got is about20 years behind the times, everyone laughs at him behind his back
urafreak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

dreamers wrote:
U people are full of chit if u think they are a good fire dept, that hillbilly chief they got is about20 years behind the times, everyone laughs at him behind his back
u full of chit an a freat too boot
urafreak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

dreamers wrote:
an a
freak too boot
redbarn

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

LEARN TO SPELL
mandy

Murphysboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

For one almost every single one of the the guys on the fire department would take the shirt off their back to help some one in need. They are volunteer and do it to help people in need they dont get paid they have full time jobs and families. Also it takes money to get new equipment and trucks. Hint non profit and volunteer.
Person

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

They do a great job, Well....except for that house right across the street that burned down years ago. lol
So sad and yet unreal

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
they do the best they can with what they have,buT I was also informed that they do get paid for every call they go out on.might have been told wrong info.
. Yes u were told wrong very wrong. I personally no each and everyone of them, it's a small town there is no pay. They do classes and help and get nothing. Someone is lying. They work full time jobs but still get up in the middle of the night and go when needed.
So sad and yet unreal

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

dreamers wrote:
ya know I don't care what u say about the fire chief. If u feel that way that's your right but do not judge the entire bunch or guys under him who gives their all with what they have. Free. Did I say free.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min You Dont Know Jack 49,270
Stanleys are trash 1 hr ucme 9
WFPD Militarization like Ferguson ,mo 2 hr True 4
Single by coice 6 hr Athena 14
Miranda's on main 10 hr Employee 23
male fb creepers 10 hr Tinamcintosh 7
Motorcyclists Brave Rain for Veterans' Scholars... 10 hr FAMILY 1

Search the West Frankfort Forum:
•••
•••
•••

West Frankfort Jobs

•••