WF water meter reader
wow

Sesser, IL

#1 Feb 15, 2012
OMG,can't believe it,I actually seen a water meter reader take the lid off of a meter, wipe off the top of meter and look at the reading,instead of guessing at the numbers as he walked or drove by.
Looked like a new guy as I hadn't ever seen him before and didn't recognize him.
That guy deserves a raise and maybe he can give dp and vs a lesson in meter reading
Ha ha ha

West Frankfort, IL

#3 Feb 15, 2012
Ha hah... You know, we estimate in the winter months. Maybe he was taking advantage of this nice weather he have been having.
black fox 23

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 15, 2012
Haha damn Vance and Darrell will love this. Joe Hogg is showing them up. Except one prob, he slacks the most out of the three of them. Bring back Ed blades.
jnor87

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 15, 2012
black fox 23 wrote:
Haha damn Vance and Darrell will love this. Joe Hogg is showing them up. Except one prob, he slacks the most out of the three of them. Bring back Ed blades.
Do you people not have anything better to do besides shit talk hardworking people? If you people put as much effort into finding a job and getting off welfare as you do trash talking everyone else around you, this town would actually be thriving again. And all three of them work their asses off.
really

Sesser, IL

#6 Feb 15, 2012
jnor87 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you people not have anything better to do besides shit talk hardworking people? If you people put as much effort into finding a job and getting off welfare as you do trash talking everyone else around you, this town would actually be thriving again. And all three of them work their asses off.
Surely you jest ! If working ones ass off means reading the newspaper at the back of a lot for 45 minutes,or laying ones hungover head on the steering wheel to nap or standing half the day to watch the big backhoe at the street dept work is working your ass off,I am in the wrong line of work.
I do agree with the post above,that said bring Ed back.He actually did work for the people that paid him.Still doing a great job as commish.
Tom Little

Marion, IL

#8 Feb 15, 2012
REALLY...if you believe this is what city workers do for a living, you are sadly mistaken. I'll tell ya what, wake up early tomorrow morning, grab your long underwear and strap on your boots and spend the day with the guys at the water, street, sewer departments. They are at the shed and ready to go at 7am, every day, ready to make sure you have water for your coffee, baths (assuming you bathe), laundry, toilets (again, assuming you have indoor plumbing), streets to drive on, ect. So, REALLY, don't judge a man before you walk a mile in his shoes. You obviously have no clue and your line of work would be that of a coward, being that you didn't share your name. City Hall is at the corner of Jefferson and Poplar if you have a problem/complaint and have the guts to walk in and talk shit about a man who busts his ass for the citizens of West Frankfort. People like you are pathetic and a big reason WF gets a bad rap.
Tom Little

Marion, IL

#9 Feb 15, 2012
Or, REALLY, if you'd like to leave your number, I'm sure these men would be happy to have you go along with them when they are awken at 2am on any given night to fix a water break, clean the streets of snow, unclog your sewer (AGAIN, assuming you have indoor facilities.) Drop your contact information off at City Hall (when you drag your butt out of bed) and leave it with one of the fine ladies in the office. They will be sure to pass it on to the superintendents of each department to get in touch with you. After spending some time away from your couch and bon bons and busting your ass, you may then submit a formal apology for slandering honest, hard working men who do all they can to keep WF up and running. Again, this is assuming you have the guts to show your face.
haha

West Frankfort, IL

#10 Feb 16, 2012
Way to double tap em Tom. Make sure they don't get up.
hmm

Sesser, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2012
Tom Little wrote:
REALLY...if you believe this is what city workers do for a living, you are sadly mistaken. I'll tell ya what, wake up early tomorrow morning, grab your long underwear and strap on your boots and spend the day with the guys at the water, street, sewer departments. They are at the shed and ready to go at 7am, every day, ready to make sure you have water for your coffee, baths (assuming you bathe), laundry, toilets (again, assuming you have indoor plumbing), streets to drive on, ect. So, REALLY, don't judge a man before you walk a mile in his shoes. You obviously have no clue and your line of work would be that of a coward, being that you didn't share your name. City Hall is at the corner of Jefferson and Poplar if you have a problem/complaint and have the guts to walk in and talk shit about a man who busts his ass for the citizens of West Frankfort. People like you are pathetic and a big reason WF gets a bad rap.
Don't drag the st dept into it.They ARE are great bunch and really do the job they are paid to do since R S took charge,the poster was talking about the water meter readers,and if the meter readers are busting their ass so be it,they get well compensated for it
Redbird x 1

O Fallon, MO

#12 Feb 16, 2012
Tom Little did not write the posts on this thread.
Anonymous

United States

#13 Feb 16, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't drag the st dept into it.They ARE are great bunch and really do the job they are paid to do since R S took charge,the poster was talking about the water meter readers,and if the meter readers are busting their ass so be it,they get well compensated for it
. Please this is the same person that in 09 posted bullsh+t about street dept employees. Funny that is the same time the city got rid of the garbage truck.(which was a big mistake) and moved r s and m b to the street dept. You have posted trash about jim e. As well. But now that your buddy is in charge their all great. Just wondering you never say anything about mike b. "Hmm!!!!!!!!!! Sounds fishy
Anonymous

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2012
I don't know if tom little posted or not , whoever it is at least has the facts correct.
hmm

Sesser, IL

#15 Feb 16, 2012
factsplease wrote:
<quoted text>. Please this is the same person that in 09 posted bullsh+t about street dept employees. Funny that is the same time the city got rid of the garbage truck.(which was a big mistake) and moved r s and m b to the street dept. You have posted trash about jim e. As well. But now that your buddy is in charge their all great. Just wondering you never say anything about mike b. "Hmm!!!!!!!!!! Sounds fishy
Sorry,not guilty of firing that shot in "09" you are talking about !
As for talking about Jim E. he is nearly my neighbor and I talk to his face ,not about him. Try again detective.
Anonymous

United States

#16 Feb 16, 2012
Ok, so you say you did not fire the shot in 09 , what about dec. 2011 under ( water dept.) You trashed jim then!!! Next time you see your neighbor face to face you can explain that one. If you really know so much you would know that the super does what the commish wants. The street guys have been doing what their commish has wanted for a long time before roger ever went to the street dept. The reason roger is in charge is tara wants someone who will kiss her backside. Can't really blame her for that. The street guys are out doing what they always have. clean ditches, patch potholes, rock alleys ,etc. Nothing new. If they had more than 5 men and some decent equip. They could get more done.
factsplease--ple ase

Carbondale, IL

#17 Feb 16, 2012
factsplease wrote:
Ok, so you say you did not fire the shot in 09 , what about dec. 2011 under ( water dept.) You trashed jim then!!! Next time you see your neighbor face to face you can explain that one. If you really know so much you would know that the super does what the commish wants. The street guys have been doing what their commish has wanted for a long time before roger ever went to the street dept. The reason roger is in charge is tara wants someone who will kiss her backside. Can't really blame her for that. The street guys are out doing what they always have. clean ditches, patch potholes, rock alleys ,etc. Nothing new. If they had more than 5 men and some decent equip. They could get more done.
I dont think Roger kisses anyones backside....he has worked for years for this city and he deserves his position...jealous much?
Anonymous

United States

#18 Feb 16, 2012
factsplease--please wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think Roger kisses anyones backside....he has worked for years for this city and he deserves his position...jealous much?
. Jealous? Not hardly wouldn't have it. This was about someones posts, now you have made it about roger. So let me get this straight, you think because a person has worked for the city for years they (DESERVE A POSITION). What about qualifications or their work experience? Jim has over 25 years in the street dept. The next guy has 24 the next has 12. Roger has less than 2. Rogers experience has been in the garbage dept.I would have considered work experience and qualifications over length of time in another dept.
lol

Carterville, IL

#19 Feb 17, 2012
You people are stupid!!! This wasn't about the stupid ass street Dept!!! It was about the meter readers!!!
interesting

United States

#20 Feb 20, 2012
factsplease wrote:
<quoted text>. Jealous? Not hardly wouldn't have it. This was about someones posts, now you have made it about roger. So let me get this straight, you think because a person has worked for the city for years they (DESERVE A POSITION). What about qualifications or their work experience? Jim has over 25 years in the street dept. The next guy has 24 the next has 12. Roger has less than 2. Rogers experience has been in the garbage dept.I would have considered work experience and qualifications over length of time in another dept.
Wow, y pick the guy with the least experience, if that's what happened. The facts guy probably knows.lol
waste

United States

#21 Feb 20, 2012
Why does it take a dump truck and a pickup to drive two limbs to wherever they go.

Looks stupid. Maybe so it will take longer so we don't lay you off.

No matter what the reason who is in charge of the spending on that.

Gas isnt free.
Curious

Marion, IL

#22 Feb 9, 2017
Does anyone know what happened to Vance? I just heard today that he passed away awhile back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Torie Patton and the dope game 14 hr Robin boy Wonder 36
William Brooks(Bit) 14 hr harley ho down 16
Franklin County Shrieff Department... 14 hr harley ho down 28
West Frankfort Water Dept. 15 hr and dont come back 132
Crissy poole Wed Jinx 8
West Frankfort no longer the furniture capital/... Wed JC Press 2
Morthland College Trying to Hide Wed Oh boy 36

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance