First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned

Davenport, IA

#1 May 15, 2011
What is with all these teen girls getting pregnant and being happy about it? I blame it on the shows on tv, they say that they are trying to keep girls from getting pregnant, but to me it looks like the shows just glorify it. Look at how teen pregnancy has gone up since the show teen mom aired. The show doesnt show what all goes into being a parent, and most girls think having a baby is like having a puppy, they don't realize its a 24 hour 7 days a week job until the baby actually gets here. I'm glad to see our schools are doing a great job at helping to prevent it. Better yet, what are the parents doing.
lmao

United States

#2 May 15, 2011
Your an idiot if you blame teen pregnancy on tv.
new mommy

Equality, IL

#3 May 17, 2011
whenn teens end up pregnant its there decision. people need to grow up & quit judging everyone.
TaxPayer

United States

#4 May 18, 2011
new mommy wrote:
whenn teens end up pregnant its there decision. people need to grow up & quit judging everyone.
True, it is their decision, so pay for it yourself, earn the respect that you demand from people. Take responsibility for YOUR decision and foot the bill yourself.
Chibird

Valdosta, GA

#5 May 18, 2011
who cares go out and populate the world!!!!!!!!!!
EricaLee

Marion, IL

#6 Aug 11, 2011
I'm a teen mom, and I wouldn't change it for the world. What's not to be happy about? Babies are absolutely precious! It's different if you dot take care if the baby and are constantly pawning him/her off on parents, grandparents, ect. Not all of us are like that, I have people ask me all the time if they can babysit. And the most I've been away from her is for an hour and a half. Her daddy has a job, and I Farley ask my parents for anything. He buys diapers, wipes, formula, ect. Think before you talk, don't categorize "teen moms" because were most defiantly not all alike.!
Bokachet

United States

#7 Aug 12, 2011
We are all dead soon so who gives a sht.
ABC123

Kelseyville, CA

#8 Aug 12, 2011
concerned wrote:
What is with all these teen girls getting pregnant and being happy about it? I blame it on the shows on tv, they say that they are trying to keep girls from getting pregnant, but to me it looks like the shows just glorify it. Look at how teen pregnancy has gone up since the show teen mom aired. The show doesnt show what all goes into being a parent, and most girls think having a baby is like having a puppy, they don't realize its a 24 hour 7 days a week job until the baby actually gets here. I'm glad to see our schools are doing a great job at helping to prevent it. Better yet, what are the parents doing.
I would almost bet you that the TV did not get that girl Pregnant! you are really well adn Idiot if you think so,,,
ABC123

Kelseyville, CA

#9 Aug 12, 2011
new mommy wrote:
Thats really telling them, let me ask you this question??? you said "its there decision" now did you really plan to have your baby or did you and your BF just throw caution to wind and hope you would not get pregnant?
Goobbeerr

United States

#10 Oct 9, 2011
People need to get a life if the girls choose to have sex and open their legs and not use protection and get pregnant then its their responsibility. if your old enough to have sex your old enough to have a baby and pay the consequences. and if you do end up pregnant dont have an abortion just have the baby and give it to a loving family who wants a child and cant have one. its not right to kill a baby for your own stupid mistake.
lil upset

West Frankfort, IL

#11 Oct 9, 2011
Don't forget to spay or neuter your kids.
Nator

Sesser, IL

#12 Oct 9, 2011
EricaLee wrote:
I'm a teen mom, and I wouldn't change it for the world. What's not to be happy about? Babies are absolutely precious! It's different if you dot take care if the baby and are constantly pawning him/her off on parents, grandparents, ect. Not all of us are like that, I have people ask me all the time if they can babysit. And the most I've been away from her is for an hour and a half. Her daddy has a job, and I Farley ask my parents for anything. He buys diapers, wipes, formula, ect. Think before you talk, don't categorize "teen moms" because were most defiantly not all alike.!
So let me get a little personal here, if I may....(and I am serious)

HOW did you get pregnant? Were you using birth control? If not, did you think you could do the "pull and pray"? If you were, did it fail?

In this day and age, I cannot fathom why so many girls end up pregnant. Rubbers are cheap and easily purchased, USE THEM!
Agree

O Fallon, MO

#13 Oct 10, 2011
I do think it is there business when all these teens get prego and don't pay for anything. They rely on wick, link, ect. which our tax money goes for.
I don't like the stereo type of a teen mom either and I don't think they are all alike, but its that way in our society!

Since: Oct 11

Orlando, FL

#14 Oct 27, 2011
It's the parents faults for the teens being pregnant. I'm a mother and I have had my daughter on birth control since she was 15 and she is now 17
As did my mother did me at 15
It's the parents fault for being stupid and not being responsible parents.
Parent

Metropolis, IL

#15 Oct 27, 2011
Miss Real wrote:
It's the parents faults for the teens being pregnant. I'm a mother and I have had my daughter on birth control since she was 15 and she is now 17
As did my mother did me at 15
It's the parents fault for being stupid and not being responsible parents.
So instead of teaching your children good morals , you would rather teach them its ok to have sex at 15. Thats lazy of you & not all at responsible as a parent. If its easier for you just to supply your children with birth control thats your choice but I dont agree with it.

Since: Oct 11

Orlando, FL

#16 Oct 27, 2011
So let me get this straight ur pissed girls are getting pregnant as teenagers and ur pissed at mothers who put their daughters on birth control as preventative and to be safe about it.
Because we know how guys do and how easy it is for a young girl to believe the guy's lies.
They say and do anything to get sex
And actually my daughter was on BC at 15 and didn't have sex til 17.
But she was prepared and ready when the time came.
And that my friend is good parenting
But I see there is no winning with small town
small minded people like yourself.
All I can say is I'm not raising any flipping grandkids at 40 yrs old.
WHO CARES

Des Moines, IA

#17 Nov 2, 2011
U KNOW WHAT I'M 19 AND HAVE 2 ADORABLE BABIES THAT I LOVE SO WHY CARE IF ITS NOT UR DAUGHTER GROW UP FOR REAL UR ADULTS NOT KIDS!!!!!!!!!!
heyhey

Kelseyville, CA

#18 Nov 3, 2011
WHO CARES wrote:
U KNOW WHAT I'M 19 AND HAVE 2 ADORABLE BABIES THAT I LOVE SO WHY CARE IF ITS NOT UR DAUGHTER GROW UP FOR REAL UR ADULTS NOT KIDS!!!!!!!!!!
Thats telling them,,,,, so are you on the "Link Card " then,,,, and if so give me your list for shopping cause Ill be going this weekend,,, and thought I would just pick up the things you need since Ill be buying them anyway!
Ridiculous

Hilmar, CA

#19 Nov 3, 2011
Really is it your business how someone teenager got pregnant. You are crazy. Some teens can handle pregnancy and our mature. Some don't feel it was a mistake. There are just as many adults that deserve the chance at being a parent as well as teenagers. Why people criticize it so much when you aren't even the person experiencing it. Also as I said to many people are you having sex if not you have a reason to say what you want and judge people to the others it can happen to you even with protection. Also birth control pills aren't always able to be given out like candy it comes with risks and some die from taking them. Condoms work if used properly maybe parents should explain that to their teenagers. People years ago had children at very young ages. If I wouldn't had my two: one in my teenage years, the other after marriage I wouldn't be the great mother, wife & person I am today. I also had a health condition that required surgery after my second so I was unable to have more. I didn't live off of welfare not once. I went to college and I work. No parent wants their teenager to be pregnant but that's between them not outsiders to judge the family or teenager seriously. I didn't drop out of high school I wanted to prove to trash like you that I can take care of my child & be educated. Did you ever consider that some teenagers are living in abusive homes and not even being spoken to about sex or relationships? Did you ever consider that teenager was raped by her own boyfriend which in turn causes a girl to be confused. Did you consider that girl was drugged at a party? Did you consider the parents didn't get counseling for her? Did you consider that girl didn't stand up for herself because she was afraid? I'm sure not every story is that but take care of your own life seriously. I hope and pray the teenage parents on here is able to prove you wrong. I've seen many families on welfare where I've worked and it's not a grocery store they don't look like teenagers to me. Maybe they didn't have the best of life at home or maybe they just loved their high school boyfriend so much and their parents approved. It's not your business! So instead of talking trash encouraging someone to make it or do good instead of harm. I saved my children's belongings I passed them onto several teenage parents I was no longer a teenager but helping out and encouraging not discouraging is the way to be.
Ridiculous

Hilmar, CA

#20 Nov 3, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
Really is it your business how someone teenager got pregnant. You are crazy. Some teens can handle pregnancy and our mature. Some don't feel it was a mistake. There are just as many adults that deserve the chance at being a parent as well as teenagers. Why people criticize it so much when you aren't even the person experiencing it. Also as I said to many people are you having sex if not you have a reason to say what you want and judge people to the others it can happen to you even with protection. Also birth control pills aren't always able to be given out like candy it comes with risks and some die from taking them. Condoms work if used properly maybe parents should explain that to their teenagers. People years ago had children at very young ages. If I wouldn't had my two: one in my teenage years, the other after marriage I wouldn't be the great mother, wife & person I am today. I also had a health condition that required surgery after my second so I was unable to have more. I didn't live off of welfare not once. I went to college and I work. No parent wants their teenager to be pregnant but that's between them not outsiders to judge the family or teenager seriously. I didn't drop out of high school I wanted to prove to trash like you that I can take care of my child & be educated. Did you ever consider that some teenagers are living in abusive homes and not even being spoken to about sex or relationships? Did you ever consider that teenager was raped by her own boyfriend which in turn causes a girl to be confused. Did you consider that girl was drugged at a party? Did you consider the parents didn't get counseling for her? Did you consider that girl didn't stand up for herself because she was afraid? I'm sure not every story is that but take care of your own life seriously. I hope and pray the teenage parents on here is able to prove you wrong. I've seen many families on welfare where I've worked and it's not a grocery store they don't look like teenagers to me. Maybe they didn't have the best of life at home or maybe they just loved their high school boyfriend so much and their parents approved. It's not your business! So instead of talking trash encouraging someone to make it or do good instead of harm. I saved my children's belongings I passed them onto several teenage parents I was no longer a teenager but helping out and encouraging not discouraging is the way to be.
also sorry for the changed I have an iPhone and it does change my language and I'm familiar with grammar :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black sports car spotted trying to run cars off... 48 min james 1
drivers license 1 hr joey 4
West Frankfort Water Dept. 4 hr captain prak 36
Torie Patton and the dope game 6 hr Hate scum 4
What more do u want 6 hr Hate scum 10
Headless baby 9 hr Worthless ppl 28
Who is running for Sheriff in Franklin County Fri Burns 20

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance