git-r-done

Carbondale, IL

#41 May 3, 2012
(quote)
You've obviously never had contact with an educator outside of a class room or your GED program.
No, I have not had sex with a teacher. If it's any of your business.
wow

Herrin, IL

#42 May 3, 2012
git-r-done wrote:
(quote)
You've obviously never had contact with an educator outside of a class room or your GED program.
No, I have not had sex with a teacher. If it's any of your business.
Classic Juvenile responses. It's honestly sad that people stick up for your point of view while downing teachers in their own school district. But, hey it is Frankfort.....I guess I just expected more from adults......
No experience

Galatia, IL

#43 May 3, 2012
From experience wrote:
I know only a handful of teachers actually
Teach. Most of them do sit on their ass. Funny
How a few leave for school as soon as the bell rings while the good teachers stay till 5. Teachers in wf are a joke. Teachers care more about the kids dress code or finding a cell phone than actually teaching. If only
We had a stricter school board to get them in line....oh wait that would mean they would have to follow the rules too. HA!
some have to carry the water, some get to drink it. Get used to it.
From experience too

O Fallon, MO

#44 May 3, 2012
From experience wrote:
I know only a handful of teachers actually
Teach. Most of them do sit on their ass. Funny
How a few leave for school as soon as the bell rings while the good teachers stay till 5. Teachers in wf are a joke. Teachers care more about the kids dress code or finding a cell phone than actually teaching. If only
We had a stricter school board to get them in line....oh wait that would mean they would have to follow the rules too. HA!
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Jealous??? Go get your degree. No, not all teachers are a joke. My children have been blessed to have wonderful teachers. They deserve every penny for the shi* they put up with. Go observe at a school and get your eyes opened. It looks like all roses from the outside, but try going in there to see what it is like. I subbed and I can tell you these kids are TERRIBLE. Why, parents like yourself cannot handle their children and it' always someone else's fault. " My kid wouldn't do that". They have absolutely no respect. Where does that come from, HOME. People, try being parents first and then put YOUR needs last. The best teacher is YOU! You are responsible for your child first, not a teacher. What reprecussions does a teacher have? WE NEED CORPORAL PUNISHMENT BACK TO CONTROL THESE DELINQUENTS. I'm sick and tired of my child being in class with these kids that cannot and will not obey the rules. In my opinion, schools should be able to kick these kids out that are like that and revoke the link cards and welfare benefits. Maybe the rest of the students will be able to learn. Schools might have better test scores if classrooms weren't disrupted by these kids. From first hand experience, when I subbed, it was behavior control, not teaching. I think you would be surprised how kids act. Probably not yours though huh? They are perfect and do no wrong.
might as well

West Frankfort, IL

#45 May 4, 2012
Might as well take Matt Donkin off that list because he still isn't getting paid...
Pops

Marion, IL

#46 May 4, 2012
From experience too wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Jealous??? Go get your degree. No, not all teachers are a joke. My children have been blessed to have wonderful teachers. They deserve every penny for the shi* they put up with. Go observe at a school and get your eyes opened. It looks like all roses from the outside, but try going in there to see what it is like. I subbed and I can tell you these kids are TERRIBLE. Why, parents like yourself cannot handle their children and it' always someone else's fault. " My kid wouldn't do that". They have absolutely no respect. Where does that come from, HOME. People, try being parents first and then put YOUR needs last. The best teacher is YOU! You are responsible for your child first, not a teacher. What reprecussions does a teacher have? WE NEED CORPORAL PUNISHMENT BACK TO CONTROL THESE DELINQUENTS. I'm sick and tired of my child being in class with these kids that cannot and will not obey the rules. In my opinion, schools should be able to kick these kids out that are like that and revoke the link cards and welfare benefits. Maybe the rest of the students will be able to learn. Schools might have better test scores if classrooms weren't disrupted by these kids. From first hand experience, when I subbed, it was behavior control, not teaching. I think you would be surprised how kids act. Probably not yours though huh? They are perfect and do no wrong.
Very well said!
Simon

Marion, IL

#47 May 4, 2012
I agree completely that some of these teachers are great and others not-so great. SOme are underpaid and some are overpaid.

I feel that they deserve good money, and put up with a lot, but should a second grade teacher make $93,000? I do not think so. A health teacher make 100k? That is a little overboard. Yet some of our newer teachers, that are excellent are making $40k. I realize that they do not have their masters, etc, but it is silly how it is all set up.
knowemall

Herrin, IL

#48 May 4, 2012
might as well wrote:
Might as well take Matt Donkin off that list because he still isn't getting paid...
They need to get rid of the fat cats that are supposed to be running the district (or should I say running it in the ground ) and let Matt Donkin run the district. He would get paid AND get rid of the phony aholes that are not even from WF OR live here! Let's give the jacka$$ at the h's a 3 year contract so he can buy a home in Carterville. I believe that only one of our administrators are from WF AND WE ARE PAYING THEM HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO SIT ON THEIR COLLECTIVE A$$ES AND LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO CARTERVILLE, HARRISBURG, MURPHYSBORO OR WHEREVER! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH OUR SCHOOL BOARD? I believe that most of our teacher's are ok but are definitely overpaid in a district that is in one of the poorest communities in Southern Illinois.
Person

Herrin, IL

#49 May 4, 2012
[QUOTE who="Set up then...."]I come from a family of educators and I will guarantee you that there is not a single person ranting and raving on here that has the dedication and patients to do what most teachers do. I know I don't.
Not only do they have to deal with increasingly unruly kids. But, throw in the "my kid does no wrong" parents and the stress multiplies exponentially.
Most of your jobs end at 5 when you leave work. Good, dedicated teachers spend almost every night and weekend in preparation for the coming week or grading papers.
If you took the time to earn your degree in education and then returned to school to achieve you masters degree (which most of the people you've listed here have, according to the link that was posted) they by all means feel free to criticize.
Why is it that when people work hard and have a decent career, the folks that haven't and don't feel the need to hate?
If you really want to know why your kids are failing and your town is "run down and skanky"...I suggest you start with a glance in the mirror.[/QUOTE]If you actually did come from a family of "educators" as you say, I would think you would know the difference between "patients" and "patience." Furthermore, our taxes pay the teachers' salaries, and if we don't like the results we see for the amounts of money they are being paid, we WILL voice our objections, regardless of any degree. If you don't like that, too bad.
fchs 2004 graduate

United States

#50 May 4, 2012
I don't think its anyones business to put their salaries on here but I think they deserve every single penny!
Person

Herrin, IL

#51 May 4, 2012
The salaries are paid by taxpayers so it IS our business. We are spending way too much money on "professional educators" for the results we've been getting.
wow

Herrin, IL

#52 May 4, 2012
Person wrote:
[QUOTE who="Set up then...."]I come from a family of educators and I will guarantee you that there is not a single person ranting and raving on here that has the dedication and patients to do what most teachers do. I know I don't.
Not only do they have to deal with increasingly unruly kids. But, throw in the "my kid does no wrong" parents and the stress multiplies exponentially.
Most of your jobs end at 5 when you leave work. Good, dedicated teachers spend almost every night and weekend in preparation for the coming week or grading papers.
If you took the time to earn your degree in education and then returned to school to achieve you masters degree (which most of the people you've listed here have, according to the link that was posted) they by all means feel free to criticize.
Why is it that when people work hard and have a decent career, the folks that haven't and don't feel the need to hate?
If you really want to know why your kids are failing and your town is "run down and skanky"...I suggest you start with a glance in the mirror. "

If you actually did come from a family of "educators" as you say, I would think you would know the difference between "patients" and "patience." Furthermore, our taxes pay the teachers' salaries, and if we don't like the results we see for the amounts of money they are being paid, we WILL voice our objections, regardless of any degree. If you don't like that, too bad.
I'm sure your familiar with autocorrect. If one grammatical error makes you feel superior then be my guest, puff your chest. I'm all for you having the right to voice your opinions. Actually, I would pay money to see this ragtag group in an actual public forum. It would be one for the ages. "how we gonna pay them so much moneys for just learnin' our kids!"
wow

Herrin, IL

#53 May 4, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure your familiar with autocorrect. If one grammatical error makes you feel superior then be my guest, puff your chest. I'm all for you having the right to voice your opinions. Actually, I would pay money to see this ragtag group in an actual public forum. It would be one for the ages. "how we gonna pay them so much moneys for just learnin' our kids!"
Make that two.* you're
wow

Herrin, IL

#54 May 4, 2012
Furthermore, the 1k you pay in property taxes to the district more than likely doesn't even cover 1 day of your districts electric bill. So you "paying" for the salaries of teachers is like me saying I'm keeping McDonald's afloat with my weekly value meal purchase.
wow

Herrin, IL

#55 May 4, 2012
Oh, and since we're being grammar Nazi's, your last sentence is a fragment.
git-r-done

Carbondale, IL

#56 May 4, 2012
wow wrote:
Furthermore, the 1k you pay in property taxes to the district more than likely doesn't even cover 1 day of your districts electric bill. So you "paying" for the salaries of teachers is like me saying I'm keeping McDonald's afloat with my weekly value meal purchase.
YAWNNNNN.....
wow

Herrin, IL

#57 May 4, 2012
git-r-done wrote:
<quoted text>YAWNNNNN.....
Awww, logic makes you sleepy?
Person

Herrin, IL

#58 May 4, 2012
wow wrote:
Oh, and since we're being grammar Nazi's, your last sentence is a fragment.
No, it isn't. However, the first sentence of your second paragraph is. I really don't care if you like my opinion or not. ALL the taxpayers collectively do pay the teachers' salaries. Schools are not self supporting. I personally know of kids who left the government school system and either home schooled or went to a private school and flourished. Some are in college now and others have very successful careers. These are kids who were struggling in the government schools because the "professionals" failed or were incompetent. I don't give a damn about teachers' jobs. I care about the kids.
Person

Herrin, IL

#59 May 4, 2012
Nazis is a plural term, by the way. No apostrophe is needed. If you had gone to a private school you would have learned that.
Iteach

Saint Paul, MN

#60 May 4, 2012
I teach in this district, and I can tell you there are some teachers that have worked way past their prime. There are also many talented teachers that deserve a great deal more. You need to understand that you don't pay teachers for the hours they work. What you're paying for is the talent. what I mean by this is that in order to attract the best people you have to be willing to provide a larger salary. If a doctor's average salary was $40k a year I doubt the best and the brightest would even take the time to earn that degree. This of course is the theory and not always the rule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug raids are about to begin 54 min Jester 12
Jobs in WF (Aug '14) 1 hr mel 9
good news for once! 1 hr Youknow 18
Caucasian lives ! 2 hr natureboy 2
Jason Burnett needing info 8 hr Japanese 21
37 motel 8 hr Youknow 3
Who are the toughest guys in Town? 10 hr tough guy 4

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance