The West Frankfort Park
Just saying

Galatia, IL

#83 Jul 10, 2012
Ping Pong wrote:
I know exactly who "Just saying" is and she's not capable of saying anything good about anything or anyone. She stirs shit about everything her girls get involved in. No one can stand her...and she is ALWAYS accusing people of stealing money! The best thing you can do is not respond. She would never admit she was wrong about anything...and she thinks everyone is out to get her!
Who has my $?$$$$$$$$
Factspleze

Galatia, IL

#84 Jul 14, 2012
Oh, look, Factsplease.....a third forum has been started about the rec. (wreck) association and summer ball.....go on....keep believing that there isn't a prob....
Same old Same old

Steeleville, IL

#85 Jul 16, 2012
I know this is my repost, I felt I left something out of the other forums post. It is called The Corndog Mafia. The park doesn't run the leagues the TCM does. Unlike other towns that provide umpires and nice uniforms, games that start on time and an adult who actually settles disputes, we get a t-shirt with a sponsors name, provide your own ump and if the coaches before you are considerate, your game starts on time. Ask a member of the TCM where all their left over Cardinal tickets go. You know the handful they hand out on picture day, nice tax write off just for season tickets. You didn't think you got the good games, did you? Or access to the right to buy the playoff tickets, but the kids league pays for it and they love it. Dont even ask where the concession money goes. Also look on your Property Tax Bill, the park is one of the largest taxing body in the West Frankfort area. Other Towns operate baseball without the TAX PAYER support. Remember the next park board election vote for somebody new.
Wondering

Galatia, IL

#86 Jul 16, 2012
Same old Same old wrote:
I know this is my repost, I felt I left something out of the other forums post. It is called The Corndog Mafia. The park doesn't run the leagues the TCM does. Unlike other towns that provide umpires and nice uniforms, games that start on time and an adult who actually settles disputes, we get a t-shirt with a sponsors name, provide your own ump and if the coaches before you are considerate, your game starts on time. Ask a member of the TCM where all their left over Cardinal tickets go. You know the handful they hand out on picture day, nice tax write off just for season tickets. You didn't think you got the good games, did you? Or access to the right to buy the playoff tickets, but the kids league pays for it and they love it. Dont even ask where the concession money goes. Also look on your Property Tax Bill, the park is one of the largest taxing body in the West Frankfort area. Other Towns operate baseball without the TAX PAYER support. Remember the next park board election vote for somebody new.
Well said.. The kids of WF deserve better.
Hmmm

Galatia, IL

#87 Jul 16, 2012
Same old Same old wrote:
All of this explains a lot.....what is the prob w these people...
Mike J

Marion, IL

#88 Jul 17, 2012
Pig wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggestion 3......schedule umps....so coaches are not seeking umps in the stands right before the game...
Apparently your not around the games.Most parents/coaches mouth so much its hard to get umpires.Volunteers or paid umpires they all say they would call games but they cant stand the parents that believe because they played ball or watched it knew the rules.I watched a game where a coach cussed out a 15 yr old volunteer because he thought a call was wrong. Some people just don't have a clue.6513
Wow

Galatia, IL

#89 Jul 17, 2012
Mike J wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently your not around the games.Most parents/coaches mouth so much its hard to get umpires.Volunteers or paid umpires they all say they would call games but they cant stand the parents that believe because they played ball or watched it knew the rules.I watched a game where a coach cussed out a 15 yr old volunteer because he thought a call was wrong. Some people just don't have a clue.6513
That is terrible....and embarrassing for our community......was The coach kicked out?
Wow

Galatia, IL

#90 Jul 17, 2012
Mike J wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently your not around the games.Most parents/coaches mouth so much its hard to get umpires.Volunteers or paid umpires they all say they would call games but they cant stand the parents that believe because they played ball or watched it knew the rules.I watched a game where a coach cussed out a 15 yr old volunteer because he thought a call was wrong. Some people just don't have a clue.6513
I hope someone took up for the umpire....that is awful! Is it true they approve coaches?
ajl79

Chester, IL

#91 Jul 17, 2012
WF Rox wrote:
Where is "herein?"
Would their "sells" tax be similar to sales tax?
Not everyone is leaving because they think their child is an All-Star. Many people cannot afford traveling ball or even do it because of their jobs or other children. That is an excuse made by someone who didn't get their kid on a travel team.
The reason the people are leaving in droves is because of the REC board. We're sick of paying for umpires, we're sick of the "make the rules up as you go" mentality, and we're sick of the tyranny they think they have over the park.
Did you know that when one of the games was going to be canceled due to a lack of players in RECORD heat, one of the Coordinators called the kids "spoiled" and stated it was "summer?"
I can guarantee if the schools had our children out for a P.E. class making them run during an issued Heat Advisory, to the point they were puking all over and getting headaches, some heads would be rolling at the school.
But you know, the concession sells water and Gatorade and corn dogs so hey, PLAY BALL!
what an A** you are. I know how to spell herrin. The eye pads do that sometimes. Or do u not have one.
hey stupid

United States

#92 Jul 17, 2012
ajl79 wrote:
<quoted text> what an A** you are. I know how to spell herrin. The eye pads do that sometimes. Or do u not have one.
Its iPad dummy! Smdh
hey stupid

United States

#93 Jul 17, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope someone took up for the umpire....that is awful! Is it true they approve coaches?
It was a coach from another town!
undergroundga

Carbondale, IL

#94 Jul 18, 2012
Blh, blah, blah, blah. This is what as become of our county. Instead of geting out of your airconditioner and helping most people would rather complain and back bite. Truth is most of you would complain no matter who was running the show. Is it perfect? Heck, no. But, please be patient, it is a work in progress. And believe me progress is being made.
The same things you guys complain about goes on in every other little town.
I was vey unhappy last year, but instead of just complaining(which I did) I chose to get out and work my butt off to help and try to chnage things from the inside. But it is mch easier to sit back and stir up drama tht helps to fuel most your bored lives.
Get out and play ball and stop stirring up drama. Get involved instead of worked up!
I don't know much about the boys leagues but some of us are working to bring change in the girls leagues.
WE ARE WEST FRANKFORT!:)
one who defiantly knows

Saint Louis, MO

#95 Jul 18, 2012
The park has rules even for vendors that do not have a right to sell in the park. We have a wonderful park and many dedicated volunteers who help push the cart. If you want to help push the cart GET INVOLVED. We have a great many good workers all over the park. If you are a resident of WF support the park and it activities. That will make it a success. Donate your money and time for all.
bimbo

Marion, IL

#96 Jul 18, 2012
one who defiantly knows wrote:
The park has rules even for vendors that do not have a right to sell in the park. We have a wonderful park and many dedicated volunteers who help push the cart. If you want to help push the cart GET INVOLVED. We have a great many good workers all over the park. If you are a resident of WF support the park and it activities. That will make it a success. Donate your money and time for all.
I do donate money once a year when my tax bill comes!!!
Foul Ball

Saint Louis, MO

#97 Jul 18, 2012
one who defiantly knows wrote:
Many people, myself included have tried to get involved to no avail. It't the same thing, the people on the rec board don't want anybody upsetting the apple cart (so to say). It falls on deaf ears. This I DO KNOW. Get rid of the current rec board and their buddies, many people would help and the park would be much better off. We need people that care for all kids, not just their own selfish interests.
YouDontKnowMuchP eriod

Carbondale, IL

#98 Jul 18, 2012
undergroundga wrote:
Blh, blah, blah, blah. This is what as become of our county. Instead of geting out of your airconditioner and helping most people would rather complain and back bite. Truth is most of you would complain no matter who was running the show. Is it perfect? Heck, no. But, please be patient, it is a work in progress. And believe me progress is being made.
The same things you guys complain about goes on in every other little town.
I was vey unhappy last year, but instead of just complaining(which I did) I chose to get out and work my butt off to help and try to chnage things from the inside. But it is mch easier to sit back and stir up drama tht helps to fuel most your bored lives.
Get out and play ball and stop stirring up drama. Get involved instead of worked up!

I don't know much about the boys leagues but some of us are working to bring change in the girls leagues.
WE ARE WEST FRANKFORT!:)
That shows how much you think you know. Many of us ARE involved or we wouldn't be so pissed about whats happening. My kids don't play golf so guess what? I don't give a sh*t about what is happening with golf in WF.
Our lives are far from "bored" and if you knew anything about baseball/softball season, you'd know there's no time for being bored, unless you are one of those mediocre people that does the minimums to get through the season so don't group everyone in your catagory.

I know 90% of these "complainers" would shut up if we had someone in there running it who gave a damn about the sport and all kids (like Mr. McKee!) with NO AGENDA.

This "progress" will show in Spring 2013 when they do not have enough sign ups in Pinto on up to play a game so it wont matter how many times the Rec people try to move the games to fields closest to the concession stand to sell a corn dog, there will be no one.
MW kicksbutt

Galatia, IL

#99 Jul 19, 2012
YouDontKnowMuchPeriod wrote:
<quoted text>
That shows how much you think you know. Many of us ARE involved or we wouldn't be so pissed about whats happening. My kids don't play golf so guess what? I don't give a sh*t about what is happening with golf in WF.
Our lives are far from "bored" and if you knew anything about baseball/softball season, you'd know there's no time for being bored, unless you are one of those mediocre people that does the minimums to get through the season so don't group everyone in your catagory.
I know 90% of these "complainers" would shut up if we had someone in there running it who gave a damn about the sport and all kids (like Mr. McKee!) with NO AGENDA.
This "progress" will show in Spring 2013 when they do not have enough sign ups in Pinto on up to play a game so it wont matter how many times the Rec people try to move the games to fields closest to the concession stand to sell a corn dog, there will be no one.
You are absolutely correct!!!!
undergroundga

Galatia, IL

#100 Jul 21, 2012
YouDontKnowMuchPeriod wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think there is time for being bored in softball, obviously you don't watch enough to sit through a 2 hr walkfest! Now that is boring, on and off the field. But I digress!
Atleast we agree on one thing, I really don't know as much as I think I do. I can't keep our leagues straight. Pinto, mustang. quarterhorse, they all sound the same to me. I can count though, last year in our girls 8u league we had 4 teams. Guess how many we had this year in 10u? Yup you guessed it, 4. Doesn't sound like a decline to me, but hey, what do I know?
So, tell me, how are you involved in helping our leagues. Let me guess, by lobbying for change on the internet. Well done.
All I can do is repeat my experience. I am neither from here nor have I any friends on any boards. Well, I guess that is a lie. Due to my heavy involvement I have gotten to know some people that I would now consider friends. Instead of turning their nose up at me, when I offered to help, they instead opened their arms to me and welcomed me in. Seems different than others experience. Perhaps my approach was different.
I am curious to know what your involvement in our leagues are. Even better, perhaps we can get together and discuss ways that we can work together to help improve things.
But to think that the higher ups in the park really don't care(must be in it for the money and prestige) is lunacy!
Reality

Galatia, IL

#101 Jul 22, 2012
undergroundga wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think there is time for being bored in softball, obviously you don't watch enough to sit through a 2 hr walkfest! Now that is boring, on and off the field. But I digress!
Atleast we agree on one thing, I really don't know as much as I think I do. I can't keep our leagues straight. Pinto, mustang. quarterhorse, they all sound the same to me. I can count though, last year in our girls 8u league we had 4 teams. Guess how many we had this year in 10u? Yup you guessed it, 4. Doesn't sound like a decline to me, but hey, what do I know?
So, tell me, how are you involved in helping our leagues. Let me guess, by lobbying for change on the internet. Well done.
All I can do is repeat my experience. I am neither from here nor have I any friends on any boards. Well, I guess that is a lie. Due to my heavy involvement I have gotten to know some people that I would now consider friends. Instead of turning their nose up at me, when I offered to help, they instead opened their arms to me and welcomed me in. Seems different than others experience. Perhaps my approach was different.
I am curious to know what your involvement in our leagues are. Even better, perhaps we can get together and discuss ways that we can work together to help improve things
But to think that the higher ups in the park really don't care(must be in it for the money and prestige) is lunacy!
It is apparent that things are very different for softball. These posts are correct. I am not sure how many tball teams there are but coach pitch has 6 teams (I think as I am not an expert), kid pitch has 4, and the next league has 2. Next year I will be surprised if there will be enough for 1 team in the league after kid pitch.

Now I will tell you why. Before the the very first game this season a coach hand picked an allstars team to travel....a coach whose kid did not even play at WF the previous year so he didn't see any of these kids that he hand picked play last summer. This all was kept secret....and I am serious. Do you know how the word got out? Schedules were distributed with an all-star game on it....BIG OOPS!! Many wondered how there could be an allstars game the first week of the season....people wondered who the allstars were......kids were wondering if they were on the team....etc. Parents called the park or rec office....they were told to mind their own business.....how do you like that? It is their children, so shouldn't it be their business?

Now...keep in mind that some parents didn't hAve schedules yet. A mass email comes out announcing that
allstars practices and games have halted. So....those parents without schedules wonder what is going on....kids who were on allstars the previous year thought thAt they had missed practices....people started asking questions....then there was a mass meeting held for all of the parents to explain what had gone on.....guess who did NOT show up....the coach who hand picked the new allstars team!!! Most parents showed up for the meeting....not all. Supposedly "some one" gave this coach permission to do this.....it was never revealed who this "some one" was.....

I am glad to hear that you are having great experiences with softball, but realize that it is not the same elsewhere.
undergroundga

Sesser, IL

#102 Jul 22, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that things are very different for softball. These posts are correct. I am not sure how many tball teams there are but coach pitch has 6 teams (I think as I am not an expert), kid pitch has 4, and the next league has 2. Next year I will be surprised if there will be enough for 1 team in the league after kid pitch.

I am glad to hear that you are having great experiences with softball, but realize that it is not the same elsewhere.
And I am sad that you have had a bad experience.
So what would you suggest be changed? And I'm not talking about board members, but if you could make a suggestion to them what would it be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Hopper (Jun '14) 24 min local773 19
next drug raid 39 min Eugenics 26
The Kramers. 2 hr Just wondering 1
All the recent bust. 2 hr Maketheworldabett... 1
Person in charge of topix 5 hr sosdd 7
Candidates for School Board 16 hr JUST SAYIN 13
Traci (do anything) kay Wed almostdaughterinlaw 13

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance