The West Frankfort Park
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
fan

West Lafayette, IN

#1 Apr 20, 2010
I'm glad to see the park is filling up with little ball players and friends and family. Thought something nice should be said for a change about town. I really enjoy watching the ball games every year!
Proud parent

Severn, MD

#2 Apr 20, 2010
Had one kid go up through ball at the park. Now have #2 going through. Not enough can be said about all the people that volunteer their time and talent to help the park league teams!
freedom of speech

United States

#3 Apr 21, 2010
My kids played and it was the best time of our lives. Even if they didn't do great, we enjoyed watching them. We looked forward to every game!
Just wondering

Carbondale, IL

#4 May 25, 2012
If parents are paying for umpires, where does the money parents pay at baseball/softball sign-ups go?
So ya know

O Fallon, MO

#5 May 25, 2012
The money paid at sign-ups goes primarily to cover insurance. I was told that the insurance rates have gone up within the last few years because of people suing the park. One was because they fell off of a bleacher. The coaches normally have to pay for the umpires out of their own pocket and it can really add up throughout the season.
Hey

United States

#6 May 25, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
If parents are paying for umpires, where does the money parents pay at baseball/softball sign-ups go?
The money goes towards insurance, electric, shirts, paying the workers that work on the fields, maintenance around the ball fields. Trust me they don't make money. it all goes right back in. with the numbers down at the park our don't go very far, especially with the numbers down.
Hey

United States

#7 May 25, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
The money goes towards insurance, electric, shirts, paying the workers that work on the fields, maintenance around the ball fields. Trust me they don't make money. it all goes right back in. with the numbers down at the park our don't go very far, especially with the numbers down.
O the barbeque they put on every year too.
Just wondering

Carbondale, IL

#8 May 25, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the sponsors paid for the t-shirts? Where does the sponsors' money go?
Careful

Marion, IL

#9 May 25, 2012
Keep questioning the funds for the Recreation Association and you're going to get a select few people upset. You just might upset that apple cart they been pushing these last few years to keep themselves involved while their kid plays ball. Watch how fast they get out once their kid is done. Then it will start all over again.
Just wondering

Carbondale, IL

#10 May 25, 2012
Careful wrote:
Keep questioning the funds for the Recreation Association and you're going to get a select few people upset. You just might upset that apple cart they been pushing these last few years to keep themselves involved while their kid plays ball. Watch how fast they get out once their kid is done. Then it will start all over again.
Thanks for the heads-up! So, I guess I shouldn't ask about the concession stand $????.... And the dwindling numbers??
Simon

Herrin, IL

#12 May 26, 2012
How about maintenance for all the vandalism? How about employees salaries?

Some of you ingrates amaze me. We have one of the nicest parks in the area, go enjoy it for once instead of being negative
Foul Ball

O Fallon, MO

#13 May 26, 2012
The numbers are down. Huh? No one wants to play in the park anymore because of all the crap that goes on. Its the same old thing every year. The people running it do things to their advantage and don't care about anyone else. There have been so many complaints but they fall on deaf ears. Let's start asking who the Park Rec board is and how they get on it. Get some honest and fair people in. The reason why these people "volunteer" is to make sure their kids have advantages. What does it say when you have coaches fighting and cussing in front of players? The whole park league needs to be re-vamped. Maybe then we could have more kids out there.
Just wondering

Carbondale, IL

#14 May 27, 2012
How is the park board selected?
CitiSin

Marion, IL

#15 May 28, 2012
The park board is elected in elections, same as city leaders. I don't remember what number years though even or odd), or how long terms are for board members. The confusion comes in though as people think the park board and the recreation association are one and the same. They are not and one has no control over the other. The recreation association is a group of people that hand pick a replacement as needed. No elections to it. An opening might be posted for any interested persons to voice their desire to serve, but one can not beat the "good ole boy" system in place there.
Just wondering

Sesser, IL

#16 Jun 3, 2012
That is too bad. WF has so much potential at the park. Maybe some one will wake up next year when the 9-10 year old boys (and older league as well) may not have enough players to make two teams. Parents are so disgusted w the unfair tactics of coaches and park leaders that they are taking their kids to other towns.
Whats up

United States

#17 Jun 3, 2012
You are exactly right. Rec association has turned into a cash cow for a few and they've lost sight of the kids. Way too much drama...
thoughtfornow

United States

#18 Jun 6, 2012
Why does rec association control ball fields at park if they are not under the parks control?
ThisTownNeedsAnE nema

Carbondale, IL

#19 Jun 6, 2012
Why did the concession stand dude run the ice cream truck out of the park on Sunday? Does he OWN the park?
Fed up

O Fallon, MO

#20 Jun 7, 2012
Why do the "chosen few" on the Rec Assos. make all the decisions that only benefit them and their kids?

Why aren't other people allowed to be on the board?
ThisTownNeedsAnEnema wrote:
Why did the concession stand dude run the ice cream truck out of the park on Sunday? Does he OWN the park?
not-legit

Herrin, IL

#21 Jun 7, 2012
Why did they run the Ice Cream Truck out? That was so stupid. Worried about losing a lil piece of their cash cow? Don't think that all of the parents didn't notice and that we thought that was the right thing to do. Normally, I would have just let him go on by and thought to myself, "I'd rather spend my money in a place that helps our park, teams, etc.." But...that is a joke! I think I will just run through DQ or stop the ice cream man on the side of the road before hand. I will make sure I need nothing before I get there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
little fat raymond what you gonna do? 25 min Your wrong 16
Angel Parr!? 4 hr Buzzkill 8
melissa clayton 5 hr aint that the truth 4
Terra Mitchell prostitution? 9 hr wanting to know 12
Hey James 10 hr true 2
come down to 1000 block of east clark and elm a... 21 hr disgruntled 13
Scott Turner 23 hr Hmmmm 4

West Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance