$800,000 bail for man charged with grabbing preschooler at mall

Bail was set at $800,000 today for a man accused of grabbing a child at a West Dundee mall before a chaperon and a security guard were able to apprehend him. Full Story
Ricoshay

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2007
I heard it wasn't a security guard, but was actually good ole' Santa Claus that tackled the guy like a test dummy.
Gabrielle

Warrenville, IL

#3 Dec 10, 2007
Shoot the guy, so we could save the world from monsters like him.
john

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 10, 2007
Probably right. Ever see those "guards" at the mall? One of them looks like pee wee herman.
Jean

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 10, 2007
Yeah, prime example of people who should NOT reproduce.

“I Need A Vacation”

Since: Dec 07

Chicago

#6 Dec 10, 2007
Besides the obvious it seems like the guy wasn't really all "there" to begin with. I don't know if the guy was mentally handicapped or what but I think the guy is slow or something. Why the hell else would he grab a kid who was surrounded by chaperones and try to walk off with him? Doesn't exactly sound like these other sickos who meticulously plan. They even made mention of him being mentally handicapped (slow) on the radio reports that I heard.

Since: Jun 07

skokie, IL

#7 Dec 10, 2007
Why is this man getting a chance to be out on bail? It was a kid involved. And his name wasn't Abdul and the intonations are horrid.
Yes, the mall guards are a little bit limp but that doesn't mean they can't set up some security.

He belongs in jail, no bond until they find out if he is implicated on that other issue. Then, no bond...
Get Real

Crystal Lake, IL

#10 Dec 10, 2007
The best part is that this is one instance that turned out fine: the little boy wasn't taken and the police have the guy in custody. I like it.
generic poster

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 10, 2007
Next up: The freak who tried to grab a 9-year-old girl in West Rogers Park a couple of days ago. He needs to be found, fast.
themadtrader

Frankfort, IL

#13 Dec 10, 2007
Why do we allow child predators out on bond at all? This is nuts.
sugarynchicago

Fort Lupton, CO

#14 Dec 11, 2007
Good for the judge but with this case i don't think he would have been able to even enter a plea because you did this in front of people who reacted with good intensions. No bail and right to your cell for some man that will make you pay for the dum crime you just tried to committe.
Timur M

Elk Grove Village, IL

#15 Dec 12, 2007
I roomed with Arthur at UIC and had left for the night right before he was taken away for theft on dorm. It is very sad and random. We got along very well and he never stole from me or made me feel uncomfortable. In fact I frequently borrowed from him. However now that I have learned of his problems, I can put things together that I saw of him but never thought twice of. I realize now he
had signs of depression, was often tired, and stressed due to school work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Dundee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elgin Community College Prof. Charged With Assault (Jan '10) 5 hr girl_X 12
stay in your lane 21 hr 32 years driving 2
'Adopt a Family' offers Christmas assistance (Oct '08) Fri Kimberly 263
Authorities identify woman left at Caryville bar (Jul '12) Fri New blood 15
3 wounded in Elgin shooting (Sep '07) Nov 11 Chief 22
Speed trap on state st....30 mph....rediculous. Nov 10 Work in elgin 1
Scabies... Oct 26 anonymous 2
West Dundee Dating
Find my Match

West Dundee People Search