West Des Moines Man Charged With Attempted Murder

Full story: WHOtv 85
A West Des Moines man is in the Polk County Jail charged with attempted murder following an argument early Tuesday morning. Full Story
OMG

Barrington, IL

#24 Jun 16, 2010
Billy, "Those People"? You are a true racist. Go on the westside of Chicago and say that and see what happens. We'll see who the coward is then. "You People" get what you deserve.
OMG

Barrington, IL

#25 Jun 16, 2010
BMAN wrote:
Yes hopefully that guy will spend a good long time behind bars. As for the guy that got stabbed I do not have too much sympathy for him. I have a friend that lives very close to them and their mother is always out leaving the kids at home to do what ever they want with no supervision but the worst is that they have a dog (lab) that they always forget to feed or give water for days at a time to and leave it outside with no shelter or dog house no matter what the weather is like, heavy rains ice storms etc.. all of the neighbors call them about it to them and try to call animal control and even offer to take it but the mother will not give it up because it was her ex-husbands and she just does not want him to have it?
Again sorry about getting stabbed and glad that he is ok but that house is a disaster just waiting to happen.
sounds like a house full of white trash folks to me.
Billy

Des Moines, IA

#26 Jun 16, 2010
OMG wrote:
Billy, "Those People"? You are a true racist. Go on the westside of Chicago and say that and see what happens. We'll see who the coward is then. "You People" get what you deserve.
and that's really all you people have, isn't it

violent physical threats

and where did they get this boy?
onlyfacts

Urbandale, IA

#27 Jun 16, 2010
OMG What gives you the right to make a comment like that? Do you know this family or are you just racist yourself? And who said they were a white family? Didn't you learn that if you didn't have something good to say about someone then keep your "it takes one to know one" mouth shut?
IowaMan

United States

#28 Jun 16, 2010
Facts are facts.

Like it or not, african american males are prone to violence. This is how they deal with disagreements.

Look at the the statistics.

Black males also commit far more domestic abuse on their female(white) partners.
concerned

Des Moines, IA

#29 Jun 16, 2010
No one should pull a knife on someone and Ryan will get what he deserves but let's make sure everyone knows that Caleb isn't some sweet kid. He's known for starting fights with others. He just picked the wrong kid this time. I think he's a product of his enviornment. Where are the parents? My sources says there is a ton of party's at this house with lots of underage drinking supplied by his dad. There have been a lot of issues at that house but the parties continue to happen. As usual things got out of hand. When will Caleb and his parents learn.
concerned mom

Des Moines, IA

#30 Jun 16, 2010
This is an unfortunate incident and I don't think their is any mom out there who doesn't empathize with the family of these two boys. It is not about race, age, or gender, but about trying to fit in a society where youth are judged according to and by their peers. How is it deserving of anyone to be stabbed or to serve time in jail. It is a waste of life. I understand the desire to "party", and its not a foreign concept that kid's have sex in someone else's bed (Superbad movie). What has changed are parents lack of supervision, raising children through advice and example, and teaching them not to be narcissistic. What happened to parents teaching their kids to stay home and read a good book?!
Valley High School has always been a cesspool of racist and egotistical students and staff. The instructors live in a labyrinth of false superiority, never extending aide to their students unless its beneficial for them. Had the Haynes kid been an Caucasian athlete, the Caleb kid been African-American, what would the response have been. The paper would have read fight gone bad, not attempted murder but disorderly conduct.
For the people who have nothing good to say, say nothing at all! You are not the victims!!
concerned mom

Des Moines, IA

#31 Jun 16, 2010
IowaMan wrote:
Facts are facts.
Like it or not, african american males are prone to violence. This is how they deal with disagreements.
Look at the the statistics.
Black males also commit far more domestic abuse on their female(white) partners.
You are an idiot!! Read the statistics regarding child abuse,familial crimes, kidnapping, rape and sodomy, you will find white americans ( Caucasians period!) heading the list! Your answer to divorce is to kill the wife and kids, and a romantic liaison is kidnapping and containment! Domestic abuse has nothing to do with race moron!
SICKOFIT

Des Moines, IA

#32 Jun 16, 2010
OMG wrote:
Billy, "Those People"? You are a true racist. Go on the westside of Chicago and say that and see what happens. We'll see who the coward is then. "You People" get what you deserve.
WEST SIDE OF CHICAGO IS FULL OF QUEERS OMG STANDS FOR OLD MAN GETTER ! DUMD ASS PUNK
Anna dean

West Des Moines, IA

#33 Jun 16, 2010
Geez.. I I've right across the street from Caleb..scary situation..
Billy

Des Moines, IA

#34 Jun 17, 2010
well, this boy wanted to be 'gangsta'

and now he's got no way out

25 years, boy, at 70 percent minimum

and you've got violent priors, dont you

loser
BMAN

Ankeny, IA

#35 Jun 17, 2010
Onlyfacts:
"Obviously your comments are without merit! You should try to comment on what you know which is not much! and your comment "As for the guy that got stabbed I do not have too much sympathy for him" you should be ashamed of yourself for even saying something like that!"

Really? So I guess that THEIR NEIGHBOR whom happens to be one of my best friends AND the West Des Moines policeman that lives accross the street are wrong? I don't think that you understand what the word "merit" means???

Valley:
" You are f****** retard, dont say s*** if you dont know the facts. No sympathy? You are a pathetic. Caleb is a great guy and Haynes is a piece of sh** "
Obviously you are one of the idiot / animal abusing friends of Caleb and I am guessing that you have been over there and have seen that poor dog on their back wooden porch directly behind their garage and kitchen on the North East corner of the house? But I am sure that you didn't notice or care about the fact she has no shelter and that their neighbor (my friend) has had to constantly fill the water dish and after the dog has gone a couple days without food ends up walking over there and feeding him? But of course I don't know that wonderful "Caleb" as well as you do so maybe he (or they) just "forget" about that dog that cries and backs to get let it during the snow and severe thunderstorms and is left outside with a shock collar on so she can not even go to someones else's house for water or food. And what does that family do when the dog starts to bark and cry for food or shelter? they turn up the TV or Stereo so they do not have to hear it. But hey VALLEY I think that you are right to swear and yell at me? because apparently it MY fault? Well I hope that when you get back from your MENSA meeting you maybe try and talk a bit of sense to that family.
Jim

Muscatine, IA

#36 Jun 17, 2010
Black males are feral beasts that belong in the jungle in Africa.
BMAN

Ankeny, IA

#37 Jun 17, 2010
Please people quit with the "Black males are bad" crap and get the real issues. If you want to try and blame all of the evils on just one group of people "blacks" just does one thing ...it shows the world how truly stupid and ignorant you are. Caleb had a 3-4 day party while his mother and daughters went to mexico and left him alone to have and 4 day party. He had people there all the time having kegs and what ever to party with and NO PARENTS there? Yes this one kid was a thug and deserves to go to jail but it is ONE stupid boy that did the stabing and not a whole race..even the dumbest of you out there can understand that one? I get it that it makes you feel better to label a whole race of people instead of actually looking at the real people at fault it come down to personal responsibility. the quicker we start to realize that one the quicker we start to try and fix / repair the problem.
The "it the blacks fault" is old and lame and you are probably writing those posts from your commodore 64 computer while your 8 track is playing an REO Speedwagon song. If you are not going to be part of the solution quit adding to the problem you are not helping.
Bill

Des Moines, IA

#38 Jun 17, 2010
News, year 2026

National news:

President Spears recovered from her gaffe yesterday, in which she refered to the Mexican Aztlan province of California as 'one of our states'.'Oops, I did it again', she said, aparently a reference to her former pop music career. She is expected to conceed Nevada to Aztlan as a consolation gesture

State news: Haynes denied parole
hmmm

Ames, IA

#39 Jun 17, 2010
Caleb is without a doubt known for starting fights, no one that knows him can deny that fact... it's easy to be on his side and negate the fact saying "he is a great guy" - so be it, If he doesnt have a record it's because daddy has the money to afford a decent lawyer to bail him out... stop having parties and then you can stop ending up in the hospital how hard is that to figure out. It was simply a matter of time before he picked a fight with the wrong person, so regardless how you feel about Haynes whether he was a wanna be thug or whatever something like this was doomed to happen sooner then later, im just thankful no one was seriously seriously injured
Reply to hmmm

Ames, IA

#40 Jun 17, 2010
WHO CARES- Caleb has parties, Caleb gets into fights end of story lets all move on with our lives
nickster

United States

#41 Jun 17, 2010
concerned mom wrote:
This is an unfortunate incident and I don't think their is any mom out there who doesn't empathize with the family of these two boys. It is not about race, age, or gender, but about trying to fit in a society where youth are judged according to and by their peers. How is it deserving of anyone to be stabbed or to serve time in jail. It is a waste of life. I understand the desire to "party", and its not a foreign concept that kid's have sex in someone else's bed (Superbad movie). What has changed are parents lack of supervision, raising children through advice and example, and teaching them not to be narcissistic. What happened to parents teaching their kids to stay home and read a good book?!
Valley High School has always been a cesspool of racist and egotistical students and staff. The instructors live in a labyrinth of false superiority, never extending aide to their students unless its beneficial for them. Had the Haynes kid been an Caucasian athlete, the Caleb kid been African-American, what would the response have been. The paper would have read fight gone bad, not attempted murder but disorderly conduct.
For the people who have nothing good to say, say nothing at all! You are not the victims!!
I'm a white female who couldn't agree with you more.its the parents to blame I think
Bill

Des Moines, IA

#43 Jun 17, 2010
nickster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a white female who couldn't agree with you more.its the parents to blame I think
no, in a stabbing (where it isnt a CLEAR case of self defense, and this was not), it's the person with the knife who's to blame
onlyfacts

Urbandale, IA

#44 Jun 17, 2010
BMAN, How would you even know the volume level of someone's TV or radio? You're showing just how ignorant you really are! If the neighbor is a police officer why would the thing you say are happening, even happen? Another case of you not knowing a single fact! Come on, spare us your banter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rand Paul picks a fight with Marco Rubio Jan 6 by a vote 1
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Dec '14 50312 Senior 167
drugs and stuff Dec '14 Dr Joe Revis Phd 2
Boys soccer results (Apr '07) Oct '14 Cb3a 6
The Son of God Oct '14 Son of God 1
Anyone remember 5th St Fountain?? Oct '14 Dg_buzzbomb 1
Michele Proust, aka Michele Fournier, aka Miche... Oct '14 Dg_buzzbomb 1
West Des Moines Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
NFL 9:45 AM
Mike Zimmer: The balls didn't affect AFC title game
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List