Owners of dead dog found in Iowa trash bin located

Full story: TwinCities.com

Authorities say they've found the owners of a dead Chihuahua tossed in a trash bin behind a business in the Des Moines suburb of Grimes.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
i think

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

a DOG CARCASS disposed of......oh how utterly terrible!!! where was the funeral service & expensive burial plot for this dignified being (which spends most its time licking its own waste portals)???

at least $10,000 should be awarded to investigate this hienous act!!!
What the

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Why is this news. People in Haiti need food and shelter.
tww

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Its only tax money. Its not like its your money or anything.
Mr T

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

agree, slow news day?
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

The Pioneer Press Pet Newsletter with another gripping story!
The Cold Hard Truth

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

I remember reading this yesterday and seeing all the uproar from some posters jumping to conclusions. What the hell do you do with a dead dog that died of natural causes in the winter huh? Throw it in the dumpster. Duh.
Show-me

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Please re-write this headline. The way it's written, you'd think the owners were found in the trash. It should read "Authorities locate owners of dog found in trash"
Bowser says i think you

Webster, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

i think wrote:
a DOG CARCASS disposed of......oh how utterly terrible!!! where was the funeral service & expensive burial plot for this dignified being (which spends most its time licking its own waste portals)???
at least $10,000 should be awarded to investigate this hienous act!!!
are a complete waste of a human. if only your siblings would chuck your carcass into a dumpster when your time comes. woof....
Bowser says

Webster, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

What the wrote:
Why is this news. People in Haiti need food and shelter.
maybe you can fly some of them to your kennel. woof...
Bowser says

Webster, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

The Cold Hard Truth wrote:
I remember reading this yesterday and seeing all the uproar from some posters jumping to conclusions. What the hell do you do with a dead dog that died of natural causes in the winter huh? Throw it in the dumpster. Duh.
should we do the same to the human's that pass in the winter? woof...
DizzyOne

Lilburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Bowser says i think you wrote:
<quoted text> are a complete waste of a human. if only your siblings would chuck your carcass into a dumpster when your time comes. woof....
And i think wouldn't give a rats a s s what you did with his corpse as he would be DEAD just like the dog!!
Kummin

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

WHO.CARES!?
Ronde

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

How stupid and ambiguous can a headline be? Ths is just another instance of the incompetence of journalists!
gmh

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Your headline reads that the owners of the dead dog were found in the trash. Sounds like an entry for Jay Leno's "Headlines" segment.
KWillmus

Eden Valley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

You're kidding - a dead Chihuahua in Iowa makes your newspaper? I can't even begin to go into this...
Are_you_Kidding_ Me

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

We really have a lot of surplus money when we are doing a CSI job on a Chihuahua!??? I think law enforcement should dig through unsolved or give back the money they don't use... Give me a break people!
Are_you_Kidding_ Me

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

Bowser... Go back to your PETA meeting and gnaw on celery while I enjoy a delicious steak dinner...
Tired Of Drama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

People flush dead gold-fish down the toilet. People dispose of hamsters, mice, guinea pigs in the trash...so what's the "drama" in disposing of a small dog in the trash? Is there a hierarchy with pets as to which get elaborate burial rituals and which don't ? Would this fuss have been made over a hamster? Why not?
It's all really subjective, isn't it? Let the pet owner decide.
People are losing their homes, going without medical/dental care and worrying about how to feed their kids in this economy. Get a grip on reality folks-
Not Surprised

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

While I agree that there are a lot more important things going on in the world that need our attention, I also think making sure this was not a crime is important. If it had been just a dog wrapped in newspaper in the dumpster, it would have been more obvious the dog had died and then was thrown out. Since there is a concern that the dog was not dead before being disposed of, a little checking isn't going to hurt anyone.

I just wonder where we will draw the line in crime investigation, if a murder occurs do we then not investigate a rape or robbery or carjacking because those crimes are not as heinous as a murder?? Who decides? What everyone seems to miss is that it isn't that the dog is dead, it's how that dog died. Better to spend a little money now to be sure we don't end up spending thousands later prosecuting a person/persons that have graduated to human vicims.

For those of you that gripe about reporting this type of story, don't read it. It sounds as if you are so important, that wasting your time reading these stories is truly the crime. Which takes me back to my comment about crime hierachies.
Not Surprised

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Not kidding anyone wrote:
Dead dog in trash bin, pu22y cat glued to the frozen goddamn high way. This is bigger then what's going on in Haiti, folks.
So people can only care about one thing at a time???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

West Des Moines Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Des Moines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance