Trader Joe's Coming To West Des Moines

Trader Joe's Coming To West Des Moines

There are 27 comments on the WHOtv story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Trader Joe's Coming To West Des Moines. In it, WHOtv reports that:

A national grocery chain known for its inexpensive wine is coming to West Des Moines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Serendipity

United States

#21 Oct 27, 2010
Beth Beefcurtains wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I haven't. And I don't intend to either as I won't ever be shopping there. Of course any company willing to exploit it's workers in another land will have lower prices. You choosing to save your self a few bucks will ensure they are able to continue to take our nations money to theirs then we can borrow it back with interest as a national debt. Excellent plan you have there.
I'm not sure you quite understand theTJ's concept. Most of the products in the store appear under the house brand because they skip the distributor and buy directly from the producer, thus eliminating cost that usually gets passed on to the consumer. If you'd check, a large number of the products at TJ's are certified fair trade, so the people producing the food/products are getting a fair price for their efforts. No matter where a farmer happens to live, that's a good goal.
rev73

Denison, IA

#22 Nov 9, 2010
Beth Beefcurtains wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I haven't. And I don't intend to either as I won't ever be shopping there. Of course any company willing to exploit it's workers in another land will have lower prices. You choosing to save your self a few bucks will ensure they are able to continue to take our nations money to theirs then we can borrow it back with interest as a national debt. Excellent plan you have there.
Are you saying Trader Joe's exploits its workers?
Lizbeth

Coralville, IA

#23 Nov 9, 2010
Hi... does anyone know the phone number & person/ dept you call at TJ's to make a request for a store in an area you live in? Not that this will make them do it, but it had to start somewhere with the DM store!

Thanks..

PS is everyone enjoying this marvelous weather?

Beth BC

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#24 Nov 10, 2010
rev73 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Trader Joe's exploits its workers?
No. America. It's a foreign based company, no profits stay here. We lose our national leverage by purchasing from foreign corporations. It's not a good thing.
Phil Davison

San Francisco, CA

#25 Nov 12, 2010
Beth Beefcurtains wrote:
<quoted text>
No. America. It's a foreign based company, no profits stay here. We lose our national leverage by purchasing from foreign corporations. It's not a good thing.
It's a Canadian chain. It's not "overseas" labor. You can't really use it as your staple grocery store, but they have gourment stuff at a low price. Quit complaining and try the 5 dollar 3-pack of montchevre.

Beth BC

Location hidden

#26 Nov 12, 2010
Phil Davison wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Canadian chain. It's not "overseas" labor. You can't really use it as your staple grocery store, but they have gourment stuff at a low price. Quit complaining and try the 5 dollar 3-pack of montchevre.

I believe it's German. Either way America loses and our money goes " overseas" as I already stated. If you don't care to support our nation that's your business.

Beth BC

Location hidden

#27 Nov 12, 2010
Gourmet can goods and packaged food. Who'd of thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adulterer Bill W. Davis of Urbandale 20 hr Your new nightmare 1
News Housing a Urban Development Secretary Ben Carso... Mar 13 Dems Reps for Ben... 23
News West Des Moines Man Charged With Attempted Murder (Jun '10) Feb '17 Ryan Haynes 86
News Ambush slaying of Iowa police officers shocks s... Nov '16 Repeal the Second 1
News 10 Things to Know for Thursday Nov '16 Repeal the Second 1
News For Donald Trump, projection emerges as top cam... (Sep '16) Nov '16 davy 43
News Iowans react to Trump's 'locker room talk' Oct '16 American 6

West Des Moines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Des Moines Mortgages