Trader Joe's Coming To West Des Moines

Trader Joe's Coming To West Des Moines

There are 27 comments on the WHOtv story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Trader Joe's Coming To West Des Moines. In it, WHOtv reports that:

A national grocery chain known for its inexpensive wine is coming to West Des Moines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
des moines teacher

Douds, IA

#1 Jun 3, 2010
we are happy, shop there often in other cities
Deb Reams

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jun 3, 2010
This is the most fantastic news I have heard in years! I lived in California for many years, and shopped at Trader Joe's all the time. Not only did I go there any time I visited a town that had one, but moving back to Iowa leaving my store behind was so hard. Not only is the wine inexpensive, but the vitamins and tea and frozen entrees and breads! I have even spoken with the head of Trader Joe's about moving a store into Iowa, with the great market here, and have also suggested Iowa City for its market. We all are going to be so happy with this store coming!
School Employee

Van Meter, IA

#3 Jun 3, 2010
I don't know Trader Joe's but maybe they will carry the Oregon Trail Raisin bread that Sam's stopped selling. It's the best I have ever tasted.
Sarah lindsey

Dallas, TX

#4 Jun 3, 2010
Oh my goodness!!! Thank you trader joe's!! Leaving California was hard especially leaving behind trader joe's! Can't wait til the doors open!!!
Carol

Springfield, MO

#5 Jun 3, 2010
My sister lives in Milwaukee and I love to go to Trader Joes when I visit her. Even though I live nearly 90 miles from Des Moines I will make Trader Joes part of my shopping routine, I've traveled further for less.
We The People

United States

#6 Jun 4, 2010
Great news
Linda

Indianola, IA

#7 Jun 4, 2010
I can't wait...I travel hundreds of miles to visit TJ's
mim

Packwood, IA

#8 Jun 11, 2010
YAY! I have been trying to get Joe's into Iowa for over 5 years. Now Iowa City and beyond! I won't mind driving 2 hours instead of 4 1/2 one way to go to a Trader Joe's. I might even consider moving to DesMoines just to have a Joe's in the mix.
bonnie

Milton, FL

#9 Jul 29, 2010
i was introduced to traders joes while in st paul, mn....I am so---------looking forward to it. they have the best frozen waffles that are fairly healthy for you and some of there fruits are very reasonable in price. can't wait.
Mary

United States

#10 Aug 1, 2010
Do we know when it is going to open? Do they have a big grand opening event like other chains?
V Sethna

Victoria, MN

#11 Aug 6, 2010
Finally a great "grocery" store is coming to Iowa. I've been shopping at Trader Joe's for over 20 years when I was in CA. Any idea when's the opening date?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 6, 2010
It opens in October in the Ponderosa village next to West Glen.
tuttysan

West Des Moines, IA

#13 Sep 10, 2010
I am sooooo looking forward to this. Have been by a few times and the construction crew is cranking the work. The freezers are in, the check out counters too and there is an artist painting their customary murals as we speak. Can't wait!

Beth BC

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Sep 11, 2010
Oh boy I can now buy crap at another national chain and give my money to overseas interests. What a bunch of shallow idiots.
big scissors

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Sep 24, 2010
Mary wrote:
Do we know when it is going to open? Do they have a big grand opening event like other chains?
I bet they hire Golden Openings with their big scissors and wide ribbon! www.goldenopenings.com
wow

Warwick, RI

#16 Sep 24, 2010
Beth Beefcurtains wrote:
Oh boy I can now buy crap at another national chain and give my money to overseas interests. What a bunch of shallow idiots.
they have some wacko psycho staff members, too. Beware if you go there!
Kim

Des Moines, IA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
November 5th. Not Village of Ponderosa. It's in the shopping center with TJMaxx and behind Red Robin on Mills Civic.
Lizbeth

Coralville, IA

#18 Oct 23, 2010
Beth Beefcurtains wrote:
Beth... you must have had some bad experiences there? As for me, I love TJ's. I "Buy Local" a whole lot; getting fresh produce at farmer's markets, etc. But to supplement this, I like Food Coops, & Natural Food stores in general, etc. But gosh my local coop food is expensive! And often the "natural foods section" of a regular store is pricey too. I'm a member of my local coop, but can only get things there on occasion. What a delight to discover TJ's in Madison a couple of yrs ago. I couldn't believe the good food at a MUCH more reasonable price! My friends in Madison & CA have brought me a few of my favorites when they've graced the doorways of my home. I am so glad that TJ's is coming to Iowa. I only wish it was closer to CR/ IC /Quad Cities. Who do you call; what phone number & who do you ask for to recommend another store in Eastern Iowa?
fast

Des Moines, IA

#19 Oct 24, 2010
I wonder if it will sell TWO BUCK OR THREE BUCK CHUCK,In Cal it's two and Vegas it's three buck.
I'm not a wine connoisseur, but acc to the awards, it can't be too bad!!!
Besides that, all the local Tree-Huggers will be HAPPY!!!!

Beth BC

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 24, 2010
Lizbeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Beth... you must have had some bad experiences there? As for me, I love TJ's. I "Buy Local" a whole lot; getting fresh produce at farmer's markets, etc. But to supplement this, I like Food Coops, & Natural Food stores in general, etc. But gosh my local coop food is expensive! And often the "natural foods section" of a regular store is pricey too. I'm a member of my local coop, but can only get things there on occasion. What a delight to discover TJ's in Madison a couple of yrs ago. I couldn't believe the good food at a MUCH more reasonable price! My friends in Madison & CA have brought me a few of my favorites when they've graced the doorways of my home. I am so glad that TJ's is coming to Iowa. I only wish it was closer to CR/ IC /Quad Cities. Who do you call; what phone number & who do you ask for to recommend another store in Eastern Iowa?
No, I haven't. And I don't intend to either as I won't ever be shopping there. Of course any company willing to exploit it's workers in another land will have lower prices. You choosing to save your self a few bucks will ensure they are able to continue to take our nations money to theirs then we can borrow it back with interest as a national debt. Excellent plan you have there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Des Moines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adulterer Bill W. Davis of Urbandale (Mar '17) Jan 13 Boo Hooey 6
News Ex-preschool teacher drunk at sentencing, court... Sep '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 3
Anyone know JEFFREY RICH Scam around the DES MO... (Apr '09) Jul '17 Anon 12
News Tama Mayor Zimmerman to resign post- Council me... (Jun '17) Jun '17 guest 1
News Ticket's in the mail: Red-light cameras questioned (Mar '09) May '17 Susan 60
News Housing a Urban Development Secretary Ben Carso... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dems Reps for Ben... 22
News West Des Moines Man Charged With Attempted Murder (Jun '10) Feb '17 Ryan Haynes 86

West Des Moines Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Des Moines Mortgages