Cape lawyer, ex-con Barry Kane dies

Cape lawyer, ex-con Barry Kane dies

There are 3 comments on the Cape Cod Times story from Jun 13, 2014, titled Cape lawyer, ex-con Barry Kane dies. In it, Cape Cod Times reports that:

Barry Kane, the former Hyannis real-estate lawyer and Chatham town counsel who was recruited to transport cocaine into the United States for Colombia's Medellin cartel on his private plane in 1977, died Sunday of pneumonia, according to his death certificate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Cod Times.

alyce greer

Melbourne Beach, FL

#1 Jun 16, 2014
I think it's so sad that the cape cod times had to put ex-con Barry Kane dies...He paid dearly for his mistakes...His children and grand children had to see that in the paper after over twenty years..shame on the them for the sensational journalism.
Larchie Mont

Sun City Center, FL

#2 Jul 10, 2014
I thought the article was very low key, respectful and well written, even going out of their way to find someone to say something positive about him. This was an American tragedy of epic proportions and the movie and book excerpts online about the history of what happened are far more sensational. Imagine how painful it must have been for the children to read some of that. My heart goes out to them. I suppose they're in their forties and fifties now, but I remember them in their youth, frozen in time like a snapshot against the backdrop of a glorious Cape Cod summer.

May they find peace and closure now and be able to move on with their lives, wherever they are.
Ted

Paris, TN

#10 Aug 12, 2014
Did this fellow do OK after prison? How long did he serve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Dennis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Best For Less American Appliances Aug 25 mary 1
News Women plead not guilty to assault charges Jul '15 Happy Birthday 2
Man charged in alleged funeral home assault Jun '15 anonymous 2
William B Smith May '15 helentourigny 1
News William B. Smith, Jr., 87 May '15 Helentourigny 2
News Falmouth schools closed Friday; fourth straight... May '15 other learning 1
News Friday school closings, reopenings May '15 other learning 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Dennis Mortgages