Real estate developer Andrew McIntyre appointed to West Covina City Council

Feb 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

The West Covina City Council has a new member - a real estate developer who has donated thousands of dollars to the election campaigns of the council members who appointed him Tuesday.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013
theHoundDawg

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

The process of choosing a new council member to fill a vacancy was again a disgrace. The council has bypassed the people, as the conservative majority has again taken the opportunity to reinforce their position of power by appointing someone who is above all else, a political crony. However, the most embarrassing event of the meeting was the absurd and offensive introduction of race into the issue, by 22-year council member and now de facto leader of the conservative block, Steve Herfert. I have a lot more to say about all this and it can be found here:
http://thehounddawg.com/
Tony G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

I visit my hometowns of Covina and West Covina quite a bit, thinking about moving back from Reno, NV. So, I keep an eye on things via the Tribune. Sorry to hear that it's a mess there as well as in Reno. Here, I do believe it's worse. I blog at www.dontgrowoldinreno.com If you have elder health stories from CA, please share. Corruption is rampant, sheesh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Covina Discussions

Search the West Covina Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 38 min Commander Bunny 4,897
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 46 min SFTG 2,537
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Right Direction 200,361
Louie Lujan Government Relations Advisor 3 hr San Gabriel Valley 1
Louie Lujan Government Relations 3 hr San Gabriel Valley 1
Louie Lujan 3 hr San Gabriel Valley 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Fight On 26,736
•••
•••

West Covina News Video

•••
•••

West Covina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Covina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE