Dog Breeder Defends Animal Horror House Claims

Full story: WLTX Columbia 91
West Columbia - Dawn Dunn is speaking out about the circumstances that led authorities on Thanksgiving Day to sieze 41 dogs in her care, 2 of which were dead. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Doglover

United States

#88 Nov 29, 2007
Pet Shack Of Northside wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep there are more then just these guys there I agree with you. I guess because they know they are from a "breeder" and they are all "purebreds" .... is my guess
Just wanted to point out, in case it hasn't already been said...its NOT rare for purebreds to be in the shelters!! Of course these guys need good homes, but please don't forget about all the other PUREBREDs that end up at Lexington County Animal Control everyday, most of the time through no fault of their own. A bad breeder doesn't have to be busted for purebreds to end up at the shelter. Trust me, you name the breed and it shows up there....poodles, maltese, chi's, doxies, Rotties, GSD's, all of them...beautiful, purebreds available for adoption. All are worthy and need good homes, just like these poor babies that were seized.
BillyBob

Swansea, SC

#89 Nov 29, 2007
I have an idea to fix the pet overcrowding problem. Do like they do in Asia. Eat them. i heard they are tastey.

“MiscService”

Since: Nov 07

Columbia, SC

#90 Nov 29, 2007
today the animal control officer came out and drained the swimming pool with 2 big trucks. They will not say what they found there if anything. We should be able to find out when they do a press release next week, maybe on Monday. I wonder what is going to happen with this and how far it goes for crimes discovered.
Interesting!

Since: Aug 07

orangeburg sc

#92 Dec 3, 2007
has anyone herd when and where the dogs will be put up for adoption
DrPHIL

Irmo, SC

#93 Dec 3, 2007
Thundercat wrote:
<quoted text>I could just shoot it, or put it under my tire as well! Call Humane Society my
A S S! How about H to the No, I pay taxes and they need to do their jobs!
Would've been cheaper to buy a trap than to replace insulataion, though.
DrPHIL

Irmo, SC

#94 Dec 3, 2007
insulation - excuse me

“MiscService”

Since: Nov 07

Columbia, SC

#95 Dec 15, 2007
amwr wrote:
has anyone herd when and where the dogs will be put up for adoption
some were put to sleep due to their condition...sad. But no one was told how many survived but we know the shelter is closed and no info released until the hearing on Jan 7th...no one can adopt the remaining dogs until the hearing is completed.

Since: Aug 07

orangeburg sc

#96 Dec 26, 2007
THANKS IF YOU HERE ANYTHING LET US KNOW
MiscService wrote:
<quoted text>
some were put to sleep due to their condition...sad. But no one was told how many survived but we know the shelter is closed and no info released until the hearing on Jan 7th...no one can adopt the remaining dogs until the hearing is completed.
COLA Concerned Citizen

Hilton Head Island, SC

#97 Dec 26, 2007
Last name should be changed from Dunn to Duhh....?
Becky

Spokane, WA

#98 Aug 29, 2008
What ever happened to this breeder?
Prosecuted? And all those dogs?
Sammy

Asheville, NC

#99 Dec 6, 2010
I have just learned of the abuse this woman (or so called woman, I would say devil) put these animals through. I purchased a goldendoodle from her in 2006 and we absolutely love the dog! There were a few red flags at the time and now make perfect sense....we discussed our female puppy over the phone - FEMALE - our son was going through her area over thanksgiving and was picking the dog up, he called to inform us our FEMALE was a MALE and the breeder said she hadn't realized her friend took the last female, hmmmmmmmm? Red flag! O.K. so we just thought she was dumb! According to our son the male was adorable so we took him (not cheap either) and we absolutely love him! I will say on more than one occasion we ask our vet and instructor at dog obedience school why he was so skiddish, could he have been abused? Well it all makes sense now! I am sickened at the thoughts of giving this creature a dime of my money! She is not only dumb but evil! I feel sorry for her children if she has any! Some example she has set!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Doremus (Apr '14) Tue Jason Doremus 8
Ghost Tour for Halloween? Sep 29 RedheadJC 1
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Sep 28 spantar2 81
Deputies Say 'Paving Company' Is Scamming the E... (Jan '08) Sep 28 Joplin boy 108
Ex-S.C. trooper who shot unarmed man faces charges Sep 28 Go Blue Forever 5
Plea Bargains Cut Sentences Short (Jul '07) Sep 27 gigi 13
Assault victim beaten and left for dead, police... Sep 26 Cindy 3
West Columbia Dating
Find my Match

West Columbia Jobs

West Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]