Dog Breeder Defends Animal Horror Hou...

Dog Breeder Defends Animal Horror House Claims

There are 93 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Dog Breeder Defends Animal Horror House Claims. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

West Columbia - Dawn Dunn is speaking out about the circumstances that led authorities on Thanksgiving Day to sieze 41 dogs in her care, 2 of which were dead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
nancy white

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#1 Nov 26, 2007
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp...

she is nuts.... guess this is her last hope to stay out of trouble.

“MiscService”

Since: Nov 07

Columbia, SC

#3 Nov 26, 2007
She actually acused neighbors of breaking into her house and throwing feces on her dogs, according to WIS TV report. This is crazy..since WLTX knows the real story because they were there from the begining. Also, I guess they had a dog exactly like hers and the same age they kept for weeks dead to throw in there too?...PLEASE! What else can she drum up? There is no excuse she can make to justify this kind of mistreatment to animals...also what about the kids living there in this filth? She really should not try to lie and own up to what she has done.
Pet Parent

Georgetown, SC

#4 Nov 26, 2007
This lady is a TERRIBLE pet parent. If you can't properly take care of your animals, then you should make sure they get taken someplace where they can be properly cared for. Saying animal control wouldn't come pick them up is NO EXCUSE!!!

When you adopt or agree to care for animals, you accept responsibilty for caring for the animals. You find a way to get it done. You don't let them live in the conditions these poor dogs were living in.

Saying the neighbors broke into your basement and spread the poop over the floor is hilarious. What's wrong with a thing called a trash can or dumpster... The garbage man comes once a week and empties it. What did you do with your household trash??

Quit making excuses for your behavior. The only decent thing you've done lately is say you don't want the animals back - so hopefully they will all find good, loving homes.
Rambling Man

Summerville, SC

#5 Nov 26, 2007
Sounds like Hillary Clinton: "I don't recall". Lock her up just for being stupid.
Grace

Columbia, SC

#6 Nov 26, 2007
I'm hoping the dogs will be put up for adoption because my husband and I would love to adopt one of the yorkies if possible. Please keep us updated on this story and let us know where they will be up for adoption.
ray

Columbia, SC

#7 Nov 26, 2007
what da blank now ya know that woman needs to stop she just hate that she got cought, well and even admited she had a web site sad sad hurray for people that blow the whistle on kind of people horder;s you know they should not be aloud more than 2 dogs at any given time wish i knoed where she lived i'd be watching her big time
ray west columbia sc

“Pet Shack Of Northside”

Since: May 07

born & raised in Miami, Fla

#9 Nov 26, 2007
Grace wrote:
I'm hoping the dogs will be put up for adoption because my husband and I would love to adopt one of the yorkies if possible. Please keep us updated on this story and let us know where they will be up for adoption.
omg they are very cute little Yorkies, maletes & Chihuahuas... Please go to the Lex. co. animal shelter or call them and I will offer a FREE grooming to who ever adopts one of these babies on there next grooming { they will be cleaned up before being adopted out} Which I also offered to do.

“Pet Shack Of Northside”

#10 Nov 26, 2007
I also called WIStv to give a interveiw to , to defend myself , regarding of throwing the dog poop around & breaking into her home, trust me if you lived here and saw her home you would not want to go inside this house. She needs to face the fire! The police where at her house this eve, but she was not home.... Hmmmmmmmmm

“MiscService”

Columbia, SC

#11 Nov 26, 2007
She claims to have rented a truck to haul off bags and she had no way to take the dogs to the shelter to give them up (as she claims)...but she also owns a Blazer that is well capable of moving bags of feces as well as garbage to the dump without any problem. Wonder if this might could have been used to take the animals to the shelter? hmmm? I think she needs to think of better a better story than these.
The hole gets deeper and deeper.
Dog advocate

Winter Garden, FL

#12 Nov 26, 2007
She has no excuse for saying there was no one to take these dogs. She is an active member of a dog breed forum and posts there regularly. There are many people also on that forum that are part of a nation wide rehome and rescue group whom she is supposedly "friends" with. The forum has been on fire with comments the last few days. She could have had every single one of those dogs taken care of by this group. All she had to do was give a damn and ask.

“Pet Shack Of Northside”

#13 Nov 26, 2007
Dog advocate wrote:
She has no excuse for saying there was no one to take these dogs. She is an active member of a dog breed forum and posts there regularly. There are many people also on that forum that are part of a nation wide rehome and rescue group whom she is supposedly "friends" with. The forum has been on fire with comments the last few days. She could have had every single one of those dogs taken care of by this group. All she had to do was give a damn and ask.
which one? that is really something... tells alot about a person, this lady has serious problems and wants to blame everyone eles.
angry

Lexington, SC

#14 Nov 26, 2007
okay so,
this woman is a disgrace of a human being.
i would be ashamed to know her.
and even to be related to her.
and if you are sympathetic towards her,
you should also be ashamed of yourself.
if you think that what she did was acceptable,
heres what you should do,
if you live in a one story home,
get on top of your roof,
and jump off.
if you live in a two story home,
go to the second floor and find a window,
back up and start running towards the window,
then jump.
Bill Hamlin

Lansdale, PA

#15 Nov 26, 2007
This is a very well written and informative article done in good taste and style by a very good reporter. Kuddos to Mr Jerome Collins
Wondering Why

Winter Haven, FL

#16 Nov 26, 2007
Dog advocate wrote:
Agreed! Why didn't she ask her other breeder friends for help? That is EXACTLY what these people on the "Zoo" seem to be saying. They would have been there for her - no question. None of them had ANY idea this was happening and the vast majority only knew Dawn thru the Internet. They weren't close enough to have been to her home.
I also only knew Dawn over the Internet. Dawn appeared to be a person that only had "highs" and "lows" - never any "middles". This is what made ME feel that she was on the edge of a mental breakdown over two years ago. But, thinking she loved her dogs, I never dreamed this could happen! Never in a million years!
Should she be excused for what she has done -NO! Does she need help - YES. Do I believe she is normal - NO! Do I believe she has a mental illness - YES
Having said this, I also know from personal experience, that there are ALWAYS two sides to a story - even when it appears that there couldn't possibly be any explanation.
Meaghan Edwards

Toronto, Canada

#17 Nov 26, 2007
Good breeders don't keep their dogs in disgusting conditions such as this. Shame on her for calling herself one!

“il homme qui rit”

columbia

#18 Nov 26, 2007
Did she say anything about her kids living in that hole? What a shame, and trying to blame her neighbors, what a sick person! I'm sure the law is going to hook her up!

“il homme qui rit”

columbia

#19 Nov 26, 2007
Wondering Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Why didn't she ask her other breeder friends for help? That is EXACTLY what these people on the "Zoo" seem to be saying. They would have been there for her - no question. None of them had ANY idea this was happening and the vast majority only knew Dawn thru the Internet. They weren't close enough to have been to her home.
I also only knew Dawn over the Internet. Dawn appeared to be a person that only had "highs" and "lows" - never any "middles". This is what made ME feel that she was on the edge of a mental breakdown over two years ago. But, thinking she loved her dogs, I never dreamed this could happen! Never in a million years!
Should she be excused for what she has done -NO! Does she need help - YES. Do I believe she is normal - NO! Do I believe she has a mental illness - YES
Having said this, I also know from personal experience, that there are ALWAYS two sides to a story - even when it appears that there couldn't possibly be any explanation.
That's a good point. It's easy to want to see this person suffer because of the suffering she has caused, but really, the woman may really be a sick person. What other kind of person would do something like this?
Southern Belle

Lexington, SC

#20 Nov 27, 2007
The Dunn woman should never be able to own or keep any dogs or cats or any animals. She needs to stay locked up for what she has done to those dogs. I am a dog lover and I would never ever treat any of my dogs like this woman has done with hers. She is a very sick woman and not smart either. Keep her locked up that's what she deserves.
Southern Belle

Lexington, SC

#21 Nov 27, 2007
The Dunn woman maybe sick but that's what everybody says when someone has done a crime. I think that doesn't matter if the person is sick or not they should be punished for their crime no matter what. Lexington county needs to be tougher on their crimes and punishments. Keep this crazy woman behind bars forever.
Clemson Lady

Lexington, SC

#22 Nov 27, 2007
I agree with the Southern Belle lady, she knows what she is talking about. The Dunn woman needs to stay in jail and never be able to be around any animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Apr 26 Robyn 86
The church IN the Lord Jesus Christ-Hartsville (Jan '13) Apr 25 The Truth 5
News State Legislator Wants Statue of Tillman Remove... (Jan '08) Apr 25 Samson of Southie 161
Review: Progressive Church Of Our Lord Jesus Ch... (Oct '15) Apr 25 The Truth 3
News Day Of Decision Approaching On SC Gas Tax Apr 22 New Resident 1
Lindsey Graham is Bisexual (Mar '14) Apr 21 ichweiss 5
News Parents: Quintuplets Small, But Fighters (Jul '07) Apr 16 Breese73 122

West Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Columbia Mortgages