No charges to be filed in West Columb...

No charges to be filed in West Columbia shooting

There are 5 comments on the Clover Herald story from Feb 17, 2011, titled No charges to be filed in West Columbia shooting. In it, Clover Herald reports that:

Police say no charges will be filed against a West Columbia homeowner who shot and killed a man he says was trying to break into his truck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clover Herald.

a way

Hilton Head Island, SC

#1 Feb 20, 2011
Guess we better get ready to give up some more tax dollars for all the police we are going to have to hire to investigate all the shootings that will occur as a result of this decision. I beleive in being able to protect your home but also know that if you can remain safe and call the police you should. The crook trying to get into the car was wrong and the homeowner that shot him when he tried to run away - even more so. They will both meet their maker one day and have to account. In the meantime we are left with several government officials sanctioning vigilante justice - plain laziness. Of course I guess it will creat more work in the long run therby providing them with job security!
jdl

Forsyth, MO

#4 Jun 17, 2011
This is a case that needs to be investigated. Sounds like there is more to the story than what is being told.
patriot

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Jun 17, 2011
The shooting was criminal and cowardly!!
Cracker Justice...
flitter

Joplin, MO

#7 Jun 17, 2011
Agreed there should be charges on the home owner. It sounds like homeowners can kill who they want and no charges.The victim has no rights, and the home owner made sure he could not tell his side.

Since: Jun 11

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jun 27, 2011
justice wasnt done in this case

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
traffic Sun Toomuchtraffic 1
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 Anonymous 4
News Accident Slows Traffic on Garners Ferry Road (Mar '08) Jun 22 Tammy 22
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 Alonzo 1,400
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jun 16 Sallie Mae Lewis 54
Healthcare Mar '16 Ejmopar 1
News Sanders makes surprise visit to Sunday church s... Feb '16 davy 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Columbia Mortgages