Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments (Page 82)

Showing posts 1,621 - 1,640 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, don't "cast your pearls before swine, lest they turn again and rend you." Vernek is a joke. He is one who wrest the scripture to his own destruction. So why bother responding to a fake reverend and even faker Christian?
So you'll both be leaving now?

Shake the dust off and all that?

No, you love us and know we're doing right.....

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a conscience ...
The white-washed tomb type?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The white-washed tomb type?
Tell it to Martin Luther. He is the one who said it...I was merely passing the quote on to you...the shoe fit perfectly.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to Martin Luther. He is the one who said it...
He also said this:

"... the heinous conduct of the people of Sodom as 'extraordinary, inasmuch as they departed from the natural passion and longing of the male for the female, which is implanted into nature by God, and desired what is altogether contrary to nature. Whence comes this perversity? Undoubtedly from Satan, who after people have once turned away from the fear of God, so powerfully suppresses nature that he blots out the natural desire and stirs up a desire that is contrary to nature.(Lutherís Works, Vol. 3, 255).'"

I just thought I'd just pass it on to you.

So how does YOUR shoe fit, Sel?

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said this:
"... the heinous conduct of the people of Sodom as 'extraordinary, inasmuch as they departed from the natural passion and longing of the male for the female, which is implanted into nature by God, and desired what is altogether contrary to nature. Whence comes this perversity? Undoubtedly from Satan, who after people have once turned away from the fear of God, so powerfully suppresses nature that he blots out the natural desire and stirs up a desire that is contrary to nature.(Lutherís Works, Vol. 3, 255).'"
I just thought I'd just pass it on to you.
So how does YOUR shoe fit, Sel?
The sin of Sodom is a lack of hospitality.

Ask ANY Jew......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
The sin of Sodom is a lack of hospitality.
Ask ANY Jew......
The sin of Sodom is indeed lack on hospitality....Joline DeClueless lives up to her name again.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The sin of Sodom is indeed lack on hospitality....Joline DeClueless lives up to her name again.
I agree. Lack of hospitality.

But, I also believe that their sin, the actual miscreant behavior that is the sin of the communities of Sodom and Gomorrah, is something that resides much deeper into the soul of the individual that a simple inhospitable nature.

Consider what the crowd outside of Lot's door were about to do.

Not only were they unwelcoming of the guests, they were intent on forcing Lot's visitors into total humiliation and submission. Then, as one can gather by their attitude, they were going to torture them and kill them in a rage of vicious fun, making an example of the desecration of any virtue that these guests may have held.

If you contemplate the acts that they were considering in the light of the fact that these guests were not ordinary people, you find another action at work.

Scripture calls them angels. But, scripture also refers to them as emissaries of Melchizedek, being angels of the Lord, who, in fact, were men.

The offense was going to be an offense against the Holy Spirit.

This is essentially the same thing that was done to Jesus only Jesus was not subjected to sexual rape.

The violence that was intended for Lot's guests was total humiliation to be followed by complete domination and ignominious eradication. The message in the spirit would have been, "Don't ever send your spiritual emissaries here. We will chew them up and spit them out, lifeless. But, only after taking all of the pleasure we want from them by completely and totally subjugating them."

THAT, in my opinion, is why these communities were wiped out. Sexual domination was simply a part of the vehicle.

If you want to see another depiction of a similar event, look at the ancient stone paintings of the Mayan King forcing his enemy captives into submission through torture, pain and humiliation to be followed by death and dismemberment.

However, in the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah, the people knew that the visitors were emissaries of the Lord. This was, in essence, the total rejection of and the sin against the Holy Spirit.

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The sin of Sodom is indeed lack on hospitality...
Raping a visiting angel is certainly inhospitable, but if you think Gay gang rape is how Sodom rolls out the welcome wagon, you can tell it to Martin Luther, Sel "the Seplechre" Jones.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Raping a visiting angel is certainly inhospitable, but if you think Gay gang rape is how Sodom rolls out the welcome wagon, you can tell it to Martin Luther, Sel "the Seplechre" Jones.
What on earth is wrong with you, Joe DeCaro?

I thought George had swallowed something bad of late. But, you've got something stuck in your craw that no reasonable human being should have to endure.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought George had swallowed something bad of late. But, you've got something stuck in your craw that no reasonable human being should have to endure.
He is pissed off that he finally got caught by the TOP MODS for his hatred of the Episcopal Church. GOTTTTCHA!!!

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Lack of hospitality.
But, I also believe that their sin, the actual miscreant behavior that is the sin of the communities of Sodom and Gomorrah, is something that resides much deeper into the soul of the individual that a simple inhospitable nature.
Consider what the crowd outside of Lot's door were about to do.
Not only were they unwelcoming of the guests, they were intent on forcing Lot's visitors into total humiliation and submission. Then, as one can gather by their attitude, they were going to torture them and kill them in a rage of vicious fun, making an example of the desecration of any virtue that these guests may have held.
If you contemplate the acts that they were considering in the light of the fact that these guests were not ordinary people, you find another action at work.
Scripture calls them angels. But, scripture also refers to them as emissaries of Melchizedek, being angels of the Lord, who, in fact, were men.
The offense was going to be an offense against the Holy Spirit.
This is essentially the same thing that was done to Jesus only Jesus was not subjected to sexual rape.
The violence that was intended for Lot's guests was total humiliation to be followed by complete domination and ignominious eradication. The message in the spirit would have been, "Don't ever send your spiritual emissaries here. We will chew them up and spit them out, lifeless. But, only after taking all of the pleasure we want from them by completely and totally subjugating them."
THAT, in my opinion, is why these communities were wiped out. Sexual domination was simply a part of the vehicle.
If you want to see another depiction of a similar event, look at the ancient stone paintings of the Mayan King forcing his enemy captives into submission through torture, pain and humiliation to be followed by death and dismemberment.
However, in the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah, the people knew that the visitors were emissaries of the Lord. This was, in essence, the total rejection of and the sin against the Holy Spirit.
Rev. Ken
Amen my brother, the one unforgivable sin.

That crowd outside Lot's doors remind me a whole lot of a few posters here trying to stick their nosey selves into our business...

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>He is pissed off that he finally got caught by the TOP MODS for his hatred of the Episcopal Church. GOTTTTCHA!!!
I agree.

Karma's a bitch.....

;-)
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'll both be leaving now?
Shake the dust off and all that?
No, you love us and know we're doing right.....
Absolutely not you "unwashed swine." I'll continue to point out the fallacy of your professed faith and the overwhelming weight of your fallacy. Jesus did not die on the cross to enable homosexuals to practice an abomination and still claim salvation. Homosexuals....die to the flesh and live in the spirit. You cannot do both!

ConfusedWay you are sucker indeed! lol!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought George had swallowed something bad of late ...
Odd that you can see into everything George and I post, but you can't see the crap coming from your co-religionists.

Apparently selective vision leads to "selective outrage".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not you "unwashed swine." I'll continue to point out the fallacy of your professed faith and the overwhelming weight of your fallacy. Jesus did not die on the cross to enable homosexuals to practice an abomination and still claim salvation. Homosexuals....die to the flesh and live in the spirit. You cannot do both!
ConfusedWay you are sucker indeed! lol!
Are you and Joline a couple? Congrats!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Incredible sermon today by visiting Father John Price. He has written a book about death experiences. I'll share the link with you when they put it online. FASCINATING!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>He is pissed off that he finally got caught by the TOP MODS for his hatred of the Episcopal Church. GOTTTTCHA!!!
And you are still pissed off the TOP MODS hammered you for your foul language and stalking right.
I always told you that threatening atitude would end you up in trouble and poof----------there you go!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Incredible sermon today by visiting Father John Price. He has written a book about death experiences. I'll share the link with you when they put it online. FASCINATING!
Looking forward to it.

Seems one does no have to be an Editor here, to get the point across.

Keep up the good work.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Are you and Joline a couple? Congrats!
What are you blathering on about? Are you dreaming of Joline... again. Quit your bleeding and get a topic!

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Va. court: Episcopal Church owns disputed property
Posted: Apr 18, 2013 11:06 AM CDT Updated: Apr 18, 2013 11:06 AM CDT
By LARRY O'DELL
Associated Press

RICHMOND, Va.(AP)- The Virginia Supreme Court has ruled in favor of the Episcopal Church in a property dispute with a breakaway congregation.

The unanimous decision Thursday affirmed a lower court's ruling that the Episcopal Church retained ownership of the historic Falls Church, which voted in 2006 to align with the more conservative Anglican Communion. The Falls Church was 1 of 7 Virginia congregations that left the Episcopal Church because of theological differences, including the 2003 consecration of an openly gay bishop in New Hampshire.

The Falls Church was founded in 1732 and traces its roots to George Washington. The justices said the congregation's attempt to withdraw but still maintain the property violated its fiduciary duty to the Episcopal Church and its Virginia Diocese.

I'm sure all of these rogue churches will follow 'suit'....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,621 - 1,640 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Columbia Discussions

Search the West Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 10 hr Silver Blade 1,125
Chief Skip Holbrook Mon Franky 2
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Sun vuthiha 62
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Jul 18 myrtle beach 19
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Jul 17 Justice 5,653
Review: Anytime Fitness (Apr '09) Jul 17 Alan 135
HIV-Positive Woman Gets 10 Years For Having Sex... (Oct '07) Jul 16 lol 70
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Columbia Jobs

•••