SC Supreme Court overturns manslaught...

SC Supreme Court overturns manslaughter conviction

There are 1 comment on the Clover Herald story from Sep 27, 2011, titled SC Supreme Court overturns manslaughter conviction. In it, Clover Herald reports that:

The South Carolina Supreme Court has overturned the voluntary manslaughter conviction of a Columbia apartment building security guard who shot and killed a man in 2004.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clover Herald.

asmithxo18xo

Charleston, SC

#1 Sep 27, 2011
For everyone that has followed the case and believe that Dickey in Fact did not shoot Joshua William Boot in Self Defense, Please know that the family is going to appeal this overturn and make sure that Jason Dickey does not get to see the outside of a prison cell until his time is served sufficiently. And in the end, no time is long enough for what has been done to Joshua. No human being should be able to kill another and be able to live a normal life like all of us who have not killed. The justice system is in place for a reason and this overturn is just a small step backward for the case, but we have high hopes that based on the vote not being unanimous the appeal will be heard and the overturn will be tossed out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Wed Jeremy Criton 102
News Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Sep 17 robb733 51
News Deputies Find Unregistered Sex Offender Hiding ... (Jan '08) Sep 16 Linda Bolin 50
News Darci Strickland Heads Home - For Now (Mar '07) Sep 9 Barbaramckay50 19
Sandra Carraway : Dishonest School Superintende... Sep 6 Evans PTA 2
Vc summer 2&3 closed Sep 5 I worked there 5
Poll Why do Parents always believe teachers? (Oct '07) Aug 27 Leanne Strong 4

West Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Columbia Mortgages