Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52086 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#34614 Jul 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife loves me being barbarian, however ladies still go first.
Smile.
I should hope so, but is that before of after you club her over the head?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34616 Jul 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pack behavior. Trust me, in my home, it's the other way around...

Smile
fred

Sugar Grove, IL

#34618 Jul 15, 2012
Weebles is worse than supid.

Weebles will not be happy until everyone accepts the sick life style of the perverts as normal.

Hopefully that will end with the end of obama.

Since: Jul 12

Effingham, IL

#34620 Jul 16, 2012
Marriage is between a man and a woman...it's as simple as that. It's all about husband and wife not sex partners. True love has nothing to do with recreational sex.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34621 Jul 16, 2012
pterodactyl wrote:
Marriage is between a man and a woman...it's as simple as that. It's all about husband and wife not sex partners. True love has nothing to do with recreational sex.
Unless, of course, you live somewhere where the law is different and allows same sex marriage.

Location hidden

#34622 Jul 16, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless, of course, you live somewhere where the law is different and allows same sex marriage.
Very few places, never lasts long.

Location hidden

#34624 Jul 16, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever growing number of places and none of the counties where it is legal are in any danger of reversing course.
Max

Peoria, IL

#34625 Jul 16, 2012
Hetero wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is demeaning my wife's ass (pun intended). I've been married to the same woman for over 30 years in a totally monogamous relationship and, I can assure you, her orgasmic intensity is often greater with anal than with vaginal. She also immensely enjoys the occasional rim job I give her.
Just think, you get Fish and Limburger Cheese at the same meal. Lucky you.

Location hidden

#34626 Jul 16, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever growing number of places and none of the counties where it is legal are in any danger of reversing course.
Just think, in 8000 years of human history, it has never appeared for long, never established itself, never spread.

You were saying?

Smile.

Location hidden

#34627 Jul 16, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think, in 8000 years of human history, it has never appeared for long, never established itself, never spread.
You were saying?
Smile.
I was saying that an ever growing number of places allow same sex marriage and none of the counties where it is legal are in any danger of reversing course.

Humanity's views are evolving on this issue as they have on many other issues that used to be accepted for thousands of years and have only recently (relative to history) changed.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34628 Jul 16, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You were saying?
Smile.
8000 years of human history? surely you can go back further than that, can't you?
OkieDarren

Ashland, MO

#34629 Jul 16, 2012
fred wrote:
Weebles is worse than supid.
Weebles will not be happy until everyone accepts the sick life style of the perverts as normal.
Hopefully that will end with the end of obama.
Bad news, Adolph...

Every credible scientific mental health and medical authority has already confirmed that it's perfectly normal for some people to be gay. It's not a lifestyle nor is it remotely perverted
And whether or not Obama's re-elected the supporters of homophobia are far fewer every damn day.
OkieDarren

Ashland, MO

#34630 Jul 16, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You were saying?
Smile.
My God you're an embarrassment. Human history, 8000 years? You do know that's not even close to true, don't you?
OkieDarren

Ashland, MO

#34631 Jul 16, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting your "history" from stunningly stupid people, and even if this were true "that's a level of equality we've not seen before" would be a point of pride. The US has been a radical experiment in justice from day one.

Location hidden

#34632 Jul 16, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
8000 years of human history? surely you can go back further than that, can't you?
Look, a weeble crawled out from under a rock...

Recorded history.

Location hidden

#34633 Jul 16, 2012
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting your "history" from stunningly stupid people, and even if this were true "that's a level of equality we've not seen before" would be a point of pride. The US has been a radical experiment in justice from day one.
No, the history is accurate, and pride comes before a fall (and there is a hell of a lot of twisted pride in your statement).
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#34634 Jul 17, 2012
Such poor grammar! I was wonder if "The leader Of the ButtCrack" was still posting! He swore to get me kicked off topix after I outed him for pretending to be a woman. The older posts are hilarious!

"You Know Luke, I used to be like you, 4 kids and the mini van, hilarious!
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

#34635 Jul 17, 2012
Read them and Weep!
The BoyScouts said No homosexual Scout leaders or members and as you know homosexuals lost the Supreme Court case. The case that claimed your constitutional rights were being violated.

Brenda Lee Johnson Posted:
Despite protests, Boy Scouts reaffirm policy on homosexuality

July 17, 2012, 3:42 PM

Boy-scouts After a confidential two-year review, the Boy Scouts of America on Tuesday emphatically reaffirmed its membership policy, which excludes gays from both membership and leadership.
The Scouts cited support from parents as a key reason for keeping the policy and expressed hope that the prolonged debate over it might now subside.

The Scouts’ national spokesman, Deron Smith, told The Associated Press that an 11-member special committee, formed discreetly by top Scout leaders in 2010, came to the conclusion that the exclusion policy “is absolutely the best policy” for the 112-year-old organization.

Smith said the committee, comprised of professional scout executives and adult volunteers, was unanimous in its conclusion – preserving a long-standing policy that was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2000 and has remained controversial ever since.
The Scouts’ chief executive, Bob Mazzuca, contended that most Scout families support the policy, which applies to both adult leaders and Scouts.

“The vast majority of the parents of youth we serve value their right to address issues of same-sex orientation within their family, with spiritual advisers and at the appropriate time and in the right setting,” Mazzuca said.“We fully understand that no single policy will accommodate the many diverse views among our membership or society.”
The Boy Scouts’ policy stands in contrast to that of Girl Scouts of the USA, which allows openly gay leaders.
~~~
I wonder what multiple acts of molestation lead to that decision?
~~
Colorado, Longmont - 12/2/2011
Ex-Boy Scout Charged with Child Sexual Assault
A former volunteer at San Isabel Boy Scout Ranch has been bound over for trial for sexual assault on a child in Longmont, and law-enforcement officials are worried there could be more victims from the camp.

James Rienholdt "Butch" Cahill, 56, of Leadville is free on $100,000 bail after a preliminary hearing in Longmont on Thursday. He is charged with one count of sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust, said Longmont police Detective Stacey Graham.
"We have one charge, but multiple people have stepped forward against Cahill," she said Thursday by phone. Graham said that three alleged victims, in addition to the boy he has been charged with assaulting, are from the Longmont area.

Cahill was a volunteer at the ranch for about 10 years, as recently as last summer, according to a letter sent to more than 240 families of Scouts who attended the camp over the past decade, notifying them of the former archery/shooting instructor’s charges and asking whether any scouts had been victimized.

"We are concerned because of the longtime abuse of his victim here," Satur said. "The boy he is charged with abusing was 8 when it began and it continued until the boy was 13. Because of the nature of these crimes, and Cahill's history, we're worried about his time at the Scout camp. "Unfortunately, we would not be surprised if there were more victims."

Cahill’s 20-page arrest affidavit paints a pattern of years of sexual abuse on a boy, now 15, and similar abuse on a now 39-year-old man. Longmont police said the statute of limitations has passed when it comes to prosecuting Cahill in the older case.
Graham said Cahill is divorced, with one biological daughter and stepsons.

Jeff Berger, executive director of the Boy Scouts’ Rocky Mountain Council since last year, said he didn’t know Cahill and that Cahill quit working at the ranch mid-season.“We were shocked to hear of the allegations against James. The alleged allegations are not representative of the principles and ideals of the Boy Scouts of America”, Berger said.
2BHCeeOh

Kewanee, IL

#34636 Jul 17, 2012
You've all gone mad. Mad I tell ya!
really

Benton, IL

#34637 Jul 18, 2012
MAD is the perfect word!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suburbs spread farther afield as more families ... (Nov '07) 1 hr Dick Fitzwell 7
Naperville's Worst Parent 4 hr Not surprising 29
Danger! Do not try to date DuPage County women! (Jan '13) 21 hr Deodorant cologne... 3
News List limits booze sales for Illinois city's hab... Mon unclesam 4
alot of demo and building starting up around ca... Aug 29 Bponch1234 1
News Grand jury indicts sex offender (Feb '08) Aug 28 nina 24
Bartlett Police are giving traffic tickets for ... (May '11) Aug 26 Taxpayer 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Chicago Mortgages