Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52073 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34178 Jun 9, 2012
BOBP wrote:
God has told the human race what is right and what is wrong.
No, that's just the voices in your head...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34180 Jun 9, 2012
Legion wrote:
<quoted text>
And I guess you know better??? DON'T THINK So fucktard
LOL...ah, that fine Christian love...
Hot Dog

United States

#34181 Jun 9, 2012
Legion wrote:
<quoted text>
And I guess you know better??? DON'T THINK So fucktard
I see him on other sites. He is not Christian, he fights with everyone with his unusual vocabulary.LOL I think he came off a mega mind movie.hehehe If you feel like having fun, go for it. He's nuts, coocoo, crazy. I don't waste my time on him, he sounds like he just got out of high school on the other sites, he uses his unusual vocabulary of made up, choice words.LOL Have fun babysitting! I am out of here.LOL
Hot Dog

United States

#34182 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
I wasn't talking about you. The rest of your post is equally as poorly done
<quoted text>
I care because...dip shit, it's all yours. I see you have became jealous, or you would simply careless of what I have said.LOL They are all yours I'm signing off. Abe wow, you are such a baby!LOL next time i wont even capitalize or punctuate and we can see how that will bug you up lol

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34184 Jun 9, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding? I have always wanted to take a trip in that area, but I just haven't had the vacation time to do it, like I would like. I have a few more years before I can retire.
well, vacations are nice, but you really don't have the time to learn anything. even here, with a mandatory 1 month paid vacation every year there really isn't enough time to do what i would like to do when i travel. i like to study cultures, local religions and languages. i want to learn how to cook the way people cook in the area i'm visiting and try all the foods which they eat every day... not restaurant food. to do so one must actually quit work and move to where you want to go and stay there for at least 2 or 3 years. have i visited everyplace which i want to? good heavens, no... but i have lived in australia, hong kong, and yakasuka, japan. when i came here it was to take on a pastoral position which i had been invited to fill. i've been here for over 15 years now, married a beautiful woman and have two young children ages 11 and 6. of all the places i've lived i find this the most stress free, and tranquil. people here are loving and giving and don't have the hangups that the folks i've known in the u.s. all have had.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34185 Jun 9, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked it up. Living in the tropical areas, would be nice, instead of the cold. I bet you have seen and done a lot of interesting things there.
it's a beautiful place to be.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34186 Jun 9, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding? I have always wanted to take a trip in that area, but I just haven't had the vacation time to do it, like I would like. I have a few more years before I can retire.
i knew a guy in the u.s. who hauled freight for a union company. he and his wife scrimped and saved all their money over the years dreaming about the time when he could retire and they could travel around the world... they saved up a lot of money. a little bit less than a year before he was due to retire his wife got sick and died... he took all the money that they had saved up over the years and gave it all to their kids because he just didn't want to go anywhere anymore. he ended working until he died, rather than enjoying his life the way he wanted to... he just waited too long. don't ever make the same mistake that he did.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#34187 Jun 10, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That is all you got? I tell you of specific flaws in the book and all you have is a personal attack. That tells the story
<quoted text>
You've yet to tell me any specific flaws in the book.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#34188 Jun 10, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That is all you got? I tell you of specific flaws in the book and all you have is a personal attack. That tells the story
<quoted text>
If you've even seen the book, which I doubt, tell me the first 3 words on page 82.
Why

United States

#34189 Jun 10, 2012
YOUR A NUT
Midlower

Chicago, IL

#34190 Jun 11, 2012
Saluki Rod wrote:
I wonder how long it'll take the Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians to mobilize against this? It's just letting gays be married, what's the big freaking deal? I'm straight, and see no harm to society.
I find it interesting that you chose the phrase "Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians". Does not the term Nazi mean National Socialist. How can a Socialist be on the "Far Right" when that is considered anarchy, or the abolition of government. While I support your right to your opinion I find it interesting that you would blindly label individuals who would oppose same sex marriage as being "Neo Nazi Far Right Christians". I believe orthodox Jews, Muslims, Christians, as well as atheists would oppose same sex marriage. Are they to be bundled in your "Neo Nazi Far Right Christians" group? Would you consider people in your family, living or deceased, who don't or didn't agree with homosexual marriages to be in that group? Believe it or not Saluki Rod, there are people who would still like to raise their children under the patriarchal system and it's ok and within their rights to protest same sex marriage. The fact that you can't see the POTENTIAL harm to society shows a lack of insight into subversive measures used to destroy the family unit in the United States.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34191 Jun 11, 2012
Midlower wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that you chose the phrase "Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians". Does not the term Nazi mean National Socialist. How can a Socialist be on the "Far Right" when that is considered anarchy, or the abolition of government. While I support your right to your opinion I find it interesting that you would blindly label individuals who would oppose same sex marriage as being "Neo Nazi Far Right Christians". I believe orthodox Jews, Muslims, Christians, as well as atheists would oppose same sex marriage. Are they to be bundled in your "Neo Nazi Far Right Christians" group? Would you consider people in your family, living or deceased, who don't or didn't agree with homosexual marriages to be in that group? Believe it or not Saluki Rod, there are people who would still like to raise their children under the patriarchal system and it's ok and within their rights to protest same sex marriage. The fact that you can't see the POTENTIAL harm to society shows a lack of insight into subversive measures used to destroy the family unit in the United States.
yes... the new nazis are far right in their beliefs and in their hatred. even hitler was a fundamentalist christian and a staunch catholic and everything that he did he did in the name of 'god'.

same sex marriage offers absolutely no harm to society, nor can it do anything but strengthen the family, and just as many people wish to raise their children under a matriarchal system... so where's that leave us?
Midlower

Chicago, IL

#34192 Jun 11, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
yes... the new nazis are far right in their beliefs and in their hatred. even hitler was a fundamentalist christian and a staunch catholic and everything that he did he did in the name of 'god'.
same sex marriage offers absolutely no harm to society, nor can it do anything but strengthen the family, and just as many people wish to raise their children under a matriarchal system... so where's that leave us?
Hitler was influenced by Plato/Hegel/Kant, and though he despised him, Marx. National Socialism is a form of Collectivism. I stated in my last message that the far right represents to complete absence of control or anarchy. To try to equate the two extremes with fundamental christians is just completely inaccurate. Whatever your view of the agencies/institutions that have control over the "Conservatives" and "Liberals" trust that they are all the same at the top and their aim is to destroy the US Constitution. Whatever your opinion on same sex marriage is none of my business but you should know that nothing in politics happens on accident. If you are presented with something it was put there on purpose. Problem, reaction, solution.
wolverine

United States

#34193 Jun 11, 2012
Midlower wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was influenced by Plato/Hegel/Kant, and though he despised him, Marx. National Socialism is a form of Collectivism. I stated in my last message that the far right represents to complete absence of control or anarchy. To try to equate the two extremes with fundamental christians is just completely inaccurate. Whatever your view of the agencies/institutions that have control over the "Conservatives" and "Liberals" trust that they are all the same at the top and their aim is to destroy the US Constitution. Whatever your opinion on same sex marriage is none of my business but you should know that nothing in politics happens on accident. If you are presented with something it was put there on purpose. Problem, reaction, solution.
So what about the anarcho-syndicalists?

They are "right wing"? I don't think so. This etymology of the political meaning of the words left and right has become so convoluted it's almost not worth discussing, but I digress.

The only conspiracy regarding gay marriage is that openly gay people in a democratic society sought to get married but were denied in many state governments by what I call big government conservatives. You know, the type, the non-libertarian social conservative wing of the republican party. The ones who hate government unless it means spending almost half of our money on "defense", or the ones who wanted to force women to get dildo-ultrasounds.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#34194 Jun 13, 2012
It just proves your previous posts are BS
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with those statements. What's the problem?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#34195 Jun 13, 2012
Do you think I bought it and carry it around? You are insane. Stonewall publication is as bad as you buying a book published by NARTH
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you've even seen the book, which I doubt, tell me the first 3 words on page 82.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34196 Jun 13, 2012
Midlower wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was influenced by Plato/Hegel/Kant, and though he despised him, Marx. National Socialism is a form of Collectivism. I stated in my last message that the far right represents to complete absence of control or anarchy. To try to equate the two extremes with fundamental christians is just completely inaccurate. Whatever your view of the agencies/institutions that have control over the "Conservatives" and "Liberals" trust that they are all the same at the top and their aim is to destroy the US Constitution. Whatever your opinion on same sex marriage is none of my business but you should know that nothing in politics happens on accident. If you are presented with something it was put there on purpose. Problem, reaction, solution.
that's funny... it's the 'left' which wants to preserve the constitution and all the rights and privileges listed in it.
ontoyou

United States

#34198 Jun 13, 2012
I'm really not sure where I stand on this. On the one hand....I really don't believe that being gay is okay in the eyes of God. I mean, He didn't make Adam and Andrew or Eve and Evelyn. God made man and woman to procreate....simple, just like the rest of the animals on earth. But, on the other hand...I really don't care who the gays are intimate with, as long as it's a willing adult participant. If God doesn't approve of the gay couple next door, then that is for them to answer. I only have to worry about what I do myself. I can't control someone else's actions or beliefs. So, who really cares? I'm just sayin....
LOL

Lincoln, IL

#34200 Jun 14, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
that's funny... it's the 'left' which wants to preserve the constitution and all the rights and privileges listed in it.
LMAO ok
Alex

Normal, IL

#34202 Jun 19, 2012
ontoyou wrote:
I'm really not sure where I stand on this. On the one hand....I really don't believe that being gay is okay in the eyes of God. I mean, He didn't make Adam and Andrew or Eve and Evelyn. God made man and woman to procreate....simple, just like the rest of the animals on earth. But, on the other hand...I really don't care who the gays are intimate with, as long as it's a willing adult participant. If God doesn't approve of the gay couple next door, then that is for them to answer. I only have to worry about what I do myself. I can't control someone else's actions or beliefs. So, who really cares? I'm just sayin....
There are still people that take Genesis as literal fact? lololol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NAPERVILLE - Septic Tank City (Sep '15) 17 hr He has sinned 38
News Bolingbrook mayor: It's Hassert -- not Hastert ... Mon Peaches 3
Local Politics Do you approve of A. George Pradel as Mayor? (Apr '13) Mon TANGLEFOOT 2
Naperville Crime Central Apr 29 Beidelman 24
News Best way to prevent child abuse? Step in early,... Apr 29 xoandre 1
News Naperville's Arabella House helps women with ea... (Feb '10) Apr 28 Anonymous Advicate 2
News Suburban Chicago pastor charged with sex abuse ... Apr 25 Eric 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Chicago Mortgages