Review of Bull Durhams's Texas BBQ & Steaks in West Chester, Pennsylvania

Apr 3, 2010 Full story: Associated Content 40

Bull Durham's Texas BBQ & Steakhouse opened up on March 15th, 2010 in West Chester.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
M Battuello

West Chester, PA

#1 Apr 4, 2010
I with a group of five friends had dinner at Bull Durham's last week. The value for the cost was good. We had the ribs, 1-lb hamburger, and brisket. Everyone was pleased with their meal. Side dishes: The asparagus was grilled over mesquite which gave it an unusually good flavor; the rasperry dressing, including bits of real rasperry was one of the best I've had; the sweet potatoes came with nuts which my friend couldn't eat so the kitchen promptly replaced the dish with plain sweet potatoes.
The atmosphere was nice and our sevice was prompt, courteous and friendly.
We plan to return.
john

King Of Prussia, PA

#2 Apr 5, 2010
I went to Bill's the other night and got real sick - Stay away from this place.
Bonny Wilmington DE

Wilmington, DE

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Never going back. The only good thing was the GM apologizing.
Rob

Wilmington, DE

#4 Apr 9, 2010
God Awful. Fried avacado was garbage. Each meal (4 of us) had something wrong.
Dave

Mantua, NJ

#5 Apr 15, 2010
Worst meal ever...this place sucks really bad. The pulled pork was horrible and dry as a bone....actually it was more like shredded pork chops..., service was slow, and the french fries appetizer was charred black and brown like they scooped the bottom of the fryer. What was up with that cornbread brownie square????? Mashed potatoes served in french onion soup bowls and my RIBS HAD ASPHALT CHARRED ON TOP!!!!!!!!!! Those of us who have had real authentic BBQ stay away,,,,,far away from this place......
deb

Trenton, NJ

#6 Apr 16, 2010
The catfish was cold and awful and the ribs were tough and dry and also cold. The mashed potatoes were even cold. wont be going back. I miss Bennigans.
Atothe

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Apr 16, 2010
Damn i work at giant and miss benngens too tear!
jeggie

Ellicott City, MD

#8 Apr 18, 2010
Worst meal ever!!! Never knew chicken could taste like cotton. Service was so bad, we ordered a drink and it took so long that we went to the bar ourselves, then was charged for the drink that was never served. The food was terrible, we will not be going back.
Ihavegas

West Chester, PA

#9 Apr 21, 2010
Horrible meal. Brisket was all fat and little shards of tough meat. Ribs blackened and dry. I was amazed at the cornbread. It was awful. How do you screw up cornbread? At least we got some although I wish we hadn't.

Stay away. Bad service. Bad food. This place won't last 6 months.

There was a huge discussion about how bad this place is over on Chowhound.com but it keeps getting purged by the moderators which really sucks. What good is a food review site if you purge the bad reviews of a restaurant for some undisclosed reason.
GWILY

West Chester, PA

#10 Apr 23, 2010
My husband and I ate there Wednesday night and he ended up in the hospital on Thursday night with a horrible allergic reaction to something, hives over his entire body. The only thing out the ordinary was eating at Bull Durham. He had to have benedral and epinephrine in an IV drip. The hopsital staff agreed that what he ate there could have been the cuprit since it was the only change in his eating. FAIR WARNING TO ALL!!!
Allen

Media, PA

#11 Apr 26, 2010
Took my family to Bull Durham's over the weekend. Contrasting other reviews/comments of the place, we had a great meal, service was awsome. Britney was our server, she was attentive, organized and fun. The three of us got different meals, but shared the loaded up fries. Baby back ribs were nice and moist, Catfish was very flavorful and the Burger was to die for. Prices were average and the Manager stopped by to check to make everyhing was going okay. I will go back again for sure, maybe to try some dancing. I am not sure what these other people are taking about. Bulls will have my business for sure.
cowgirl

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Apr 26, 2010
Have eaten at Bulls multiple times. Love the steak salad- steak has a kick over fresh spring mix, cranberries, cheese. Very good pulled pork-(ask for a side of BBQ sauce if you like your pork with sauce) Brisket is cooked perfectly. I like the atmosphere and it's a good value for your money. Fun to come watch others dance on Wed or Thurs nights and the bands on weekends are great. Service was slow when first opened, but they seem to have that worked out now. Baby Back ribs are the best I've ever had!

Since: Apr 10

Media, PA

#13 Apr 26, 2010
My husband and I ate at Bull's on Saturday night. He had the ribs and said they were some of the best ribs he has ever had. Meaty and hot. I had a burger which was cooked just like I wanted and it was delicious. We both had a side salad (loved it with walnuts and apple slices) and a baked potato. We have eaten there a few times since they opened and have never gotten sick and haven't had a bad meal. We went for line dancing one night and saw a band they had (I think it was Midlife crisis) and had a great time both nights. They are still a new restaurant and not a chain so give them a chance.....I think you'll be glad you did.
Kate

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 26, 2010
Wow, read through the emails and eaten at Bull's numerous time. I heard they had some issues early on but I've never had a bad meal, and have eaten there about 4 times since they opened.
James

Rumson, NJ

#15 Apr 27, 2010
Terrible. They should just call the brisket "fat." Pulled pork was awful. Couldnt even get half way through it. The fries were good though. So they have that going for them I guess.
MoJo

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 30, 2010
Was at Bull's Wednesday night. Dinner than Line Dancing, there were 12 of us. Had a great time, no one had any food issues. Guess these above comments were early on when they were still working things out. Anyway, only complaint I heard was that they need a bigger dance floor! But seriously, couldn't be better, waitress was awesome too! May go back tonight as they have live music too and no kid stuff!
Sam

Philadelphia, PA

#17 May 4, 2010
Was at Bulls for Dinner again last night. I like the place but I think they seriously need to look into what goes out of the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, I've had good meal but not necessarily great. Too much fried food, too much mequite/smoke. Again, I like the food but not everyone likes fried and/or smoke. The bar is great, the music and dancing great, and all for the "middle aged" set plus. The thing is this age wants healthier food choices without the fat,...at times! I'm hoping they get IT and this place is around for a very long time.

Sam
Wilmington, DE
Bill and Allie

Wilmington, DE

#18 May 4, 2010
Went when it first opened and it was quite disgusting. Went again last week to see if they worked out the kinks. Quite disgusting. Will never go back.
Amanda

Franklinville, NJ

#19 May 21, 2010
Horrible service!!! We have dined at this place 3 times now. The first time our server did not appraoch our table for almost 10 minutes. At that time our drinks were brought out to us promptly for this place...it only took another 10 minutes. The food is great, I'll give them that. Truly the only reason we returned. The entrees were brought out wrong and our bill was wrong as well.
The second visit, the waitress was slow and it took incredibly long to get our food even though we and one other table were the only ones there. At the end she charged us for the other table's bill. It caused the card to be over-withdrawn and fees.
The third visit, our last ever mind you, our server did not approach our table for 12 minutes, at that point he said, I'll be right back. He wasn't. Finally he took our order, it was wrong. He forgot my boyfriend's salad. I didn't get cheese on my salad. The hostess was singing dancing, then eventually sitting at a table with her friends. When we left half the staff was outside smoking. I guess that's why the serive is slow!!
NEVER AGAIN will we go back!!
bull doo-doo

Council Bluffs, IA

#20 May 31, 2010
The worst food we ever ate. Both of us felt sick for at least 24 hours(good weight loss program). Never going back, and hopefully a new resturant will replace it soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senators propose pipeline impact fee Dec 20 Tax Lovefest 2
Review: Sendflowersandmore- Online Flowers Shop Dec 12 Rime 2
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Nov '14 Bob 2
New Arrest Warrant Issued For Cal U Football Pl... Nov '14 checkers 1
"At Close Range" (Feb '12) Nov '14 Len 2
Inter County Rental Referrals SCAM! (Apr '14) Oct '14 annoyed 10
University police and West Chester PD,state pol... Oct '14 Hanging my head 1

West Chester News Video

West Chester Dating
Find my Match