Teachers still in discord over creati...

Teachers still in discord over creationism vs. evolution

There are 3 comments on the The Lantern story from Feb 23, 2011, titled Teachers still in discord over creationism vs. evolution. In it, The Lantern reports that:

Many high school teachers are failing to teach their students evolution, widening the learning gap between high school and college biology, an Ohio State professor says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Lantern.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#1 Feb 24, 2011
Holy crap. The stupid in the comments is mind-numbing.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 24, 2011
No kidding. The first comment started right off with an "I'm a scientist" claim then went right into showing that claim to be misleading at best

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#3 Feb 24, 2011
Elizabeth:
"As a Christian and a scientist, I believe that intelligent design and evolution need not be considered mutually exclusive theories. There are gaps in the theory of evolution, and it is reasonable to point them out. It should be made clear in science class that this theory is just one view of cosmogony. Intelligent design is another. I think it is fair for teachers to be able to mention both as long as they are presenting the scientific facts and theories without bias. It is unfair to say teachers can't even mention the theory of intelligent design, which is another valid world view based on different evidence than evolution."

What different evidence would that be? Made up bullshit?

ID=I Dunno

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob Portman such a liar (Feb '17) 2 hr Tomkin 58
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,436
If Trump LIES to Prosecutor he will Sat POPS 6
News Lawsuit claims Cincinnati bus driver was eating... Feb 16 Kyboy 3
News Ohio woman found guilty of murder for striking ... Feb 15 Big Johnson 2
Paula Gail herring (Sep '14) Feb 15 Jamie 3
Juanita brown Feb 14 Disgusting 1

West Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Chester Mortgages