The Columbus Dispatch

The Columbus Dispatch

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 22, 2011, titled The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Two Butler County communities recently put temporary stops to "Internet sweepstakes cafes" as the establishments continue to pop up in Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Walter

Twinsburg, OH

#1 Feb 22, 2011
Yet again, someone thinks of a way to start a business. Then govt tries to figure out a way to ruin it, tax it, and regulate it.
Blinded-By-The-R ight

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2011
Walter wrote:
Yet again, someone thinks of a way to start a business. Then govt tries to figure out a way to ruin it, tax it, and regulate it.
Yes I agree! Kinda Like Selling Heroin, Crack, Speed, ETC! Gambling is Addictive, bad for the Economy!
concerned

Lewis Center, OH

#4 Feb 22, 2011
I am surprised that franklin county has not done anything about this issue with internet gambling cafes. But then columbus and franklin county does do much about anything. They allow daycares to be in shopping centers with no grass for children to play on they are in a fenced in area of blacktop. One should investigate the goings on in the wyandatt center on east main st. What a scene we have a Market that sales illeagle contacts, bong pipes and out dated merchandise but yet they continue. where's the health department on that. We have a internet gambling cafe next to a daycare. and 2 doors down is a pawn shop that carries guns and has been seen before going after a person trying to steal from him with his gun out. I think if you really want to address issues who is getting kick backs for allowing this to go on? Here's a story in your self. And I'm not real sure but I bet the hair cut place has some things going on to.
mark

Grove City, OH

#5 Feb 22, 2011
THEY SHOULD`NT EVEN HAVE THIS. JUST PLAIN DUMB AND ANOTHER WAY TO LURE PEOPLE TO BLOW MONEY THEY SHOULD BE USEING FOR BILLS,ETC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beechmont Ford (Sep '16) 3 hr Checkmate 11
Sittefield ! Nov 22 POPS 3
Sheryl Cogner Carrithers Nov 21 Concerned 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Nov 20 Mcm123 21,338
Duke Energy! Nov 19 FYI 1
Cranley ( Money Bags ) Nov 19 POPS 7
stores in Cincinnati that sell k2, spice, seren... (Oct '10) Nov 19 BELLY 30

West Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Chester Mortgages