Liz Claiborne closing facility

Liz Claiborne closing facility

Posted in the West Chester Forum

harrycallahan

Springboro, OH

#1 May 23, 2011
Wow alot of jobs being lost in West Chester these last couple of weeks. Liz Claiborne announced to their employees last Thursday that will losing their jobs after almost 10 years. The economy didn't help , but quite a few bonehead decisions were made by corporate that put the final nail in the coffin.
Elizabeth

Cincinnati, OH

#2 May 25, 2011
You are so right about the management. Liz Claiborne wanted to reach out to the middle class working woman. After she stopped managing the day to day running of the corp, it started going downhill. The corporate held onto the high end brands which was not wise in the present day economy. The West Chester DC through the years put in management that only worried about the numbers and how to achieve them, not about the quality or accuracy of their work.
harrycallahan

Springboro, OH

#3 May 25, 2011
Yes it amazes me how McComb the CEO made so many bad decisions ( i.e. Selling the Liz brand name to JC Penny)that he keeps his job. However the little guy at the DC is dumped out in the steet. There has been talk of a possible 3rd party taking over the lease since it is fully automated. I feel that these are wishful thinkings by some of the employees.
Elizabeth

Mason, OH

#4 May 25, 2011
Years ago, LC had the Liz&Co with JCP. LC ignored the threats from Macy's to pull the line from the stores. Macy's stating that by having a name so close to their high end Liz Claiborne line demeaned the higher quality. LC called bluff so theL iz Claiborne line was eliminated from their stores. Another nail in the coffin (as you would say).
Ssb 2010

Dallas, TX

#5 May 25, 2011
It came 2 a shock 4 all employee who been their when the buildin waz 1st bein build n West Chester, Ohio... It's a ashame that Liz Claiborne is closin the facility... Though the company is askin 4 volenteer laid-off ppls r either walkin off rather than juss wait out Nd c wat will happen n the next few days or even wks mayb mths... When xactly will it will b close is unsure but we were told by next yr 2012..
harrycallahan

Springboro, OH

#6 May 26, 2011
Don't believe corporate when they stated that it will be all over in June 2012. Look more into Dec 2011. Remember retail gets very slow after Christmas at Liz Claiborne.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fireman deatb investigation 8 hr Pops 1
Rob Colley Rapes Infants 17 hr Mama 2
241-kids (Apr '08) Tue JoAnn 41
News Comfort-food restaurant Eagle Food & Beer Hall ... Jun 28 rowdy01 6
News Our History: John Coyne and his tank (Aug '11) Jun 28 Doit 11
Cincy k k group Jun 28 MattT 1
Cincy hookup (Jan '15) Jun 27 Meatball 13

West Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance