National Debt Debate Becomes Heated |...

National Debt Debate Becomes Heated | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 44 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jul 25, 2011, titled National Debt Debate Becomes Heated | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Amy Martin and her three daughters are in Butler County on vacation but decided to make their voices heard on an important issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
grshppr710

Cygnet, OH

#1 Jul 25, 2011
Why cant the tea party crowd see that we are not talking about raising taxes. We are talking about rolling back gifts of loopholes that were given to rich corporations that shipped our jobs overseas, to increase profit on the backs of American workers. these are jobs that will NEVER return. We are not asking for a higher tax rate for the wealthy. Just rollback of the EXTRA tax breaks the got as a political gift from GW for being "his base" and getting him into office. GW bought and paid for his presidency on the backs of American workers and millions of average citizens. STOP THE GAMES. WE NEED RESOLUTION AND FAIRNESS NOW.
Kennesaw71

Acworth, GA

#2 Jul 25, 2011
THE GAMES are scaring old folks with social security checks. Bamster takes in 200 BILLION IN PRECIOUS REVENUE PER MONTH while national debt is absorbing 20 billion of that. If Bamster can't make due with the remaining 180 BILLION, THEN HE CAN GO F HIMSELF!!!!
myopn

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Jul 26, 2011
The time is finally here! The lay off and job destruction of government agencies. Why? BECAUSE WE CAN NOT AFFORD THEM ANYMORE THEN ANY OF US CAN AFFORD TO SIGN UP AND GET MORE PERSONAL CREDIT CARDS AND MAX. THEM OUT!!! It is that simple to all of you highly-educated Democrats!
la gata negra

Marion, OH

#6 Jul 26, 2011
This fight is all about the distruction of President Obama.
Mike

Findlay, OH

#7 Jul 26, 2011
grshppr710 wrote:
Why cant the tea party crowd see that we are not talking about raising taxes. We are talking about rolling back gifts of loopholes that were given to rich corporations that shipped our jobs overseas, to increase profit on the backs of American workers. these are jobs that will NEVER return. We are not asking for a higher tax rate for the wealthy. Just rollback of the EXTRA tax breaks the got as a political gift from GW for being "his base" and getting him into office. GW bought and paid for his presidency on the backs of American workers and millions of average citizens. STOP THE GAMES. WE NEED RESOLUTION AND FAIRNESS NOW.
Bingo! In 2001, President Bush, facing a projected multi-trillion dollar surplus, decided to give the surplus back via a temporary tax cut. Ten years later, that surplus, if it ever existed, is gone. To allow this cut to remain in place forces us, as Boehner put it, to spend more than we take in. Or, as the bond rating agencies put it, to be fiscally irresponsible.
GreatAttitude

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 26, 2011
grshppr710 wrote:
I agree, how about some "fairness" for the 47% who pay NO taxes and have NO skin in the game.

By the way, some of the "loopholes" are the mortgage interest and property tax deductions which generally all homeowners use. As usual the Obozo rhetoric about "millionaires and billionaires" is to divide and inflame class warfare. Just more of the same from this incompetent charlatan.
Kennesaw71

Acworth, GA

#9 Jul 26, 2011
la gata negra wrote:
This fight is all about the distruction of President Obama.
So be it...... If that's what you want to think.... FIRST PREZBO TO BRING ON A MAJOR DEFAULT IN THE USA...... but don't forget, its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , but I'll veto at any hint of no blank check for me to bust the debt ceiling wide open for another 5 trillion.....
instine

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 26, 2011
maybe boner needs to get on tv and bawl like the idiot he is for awhile,thats prob his next move.
Kennesaw71

Marietta, GA

#12 Jul 26, 2011
Looked like Bamster was the one doing all the crying last night.

its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach , its balanced approach......
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 26, 2011
It seems to me that alot of people are not listening to the president. He has agreed to spending cuts, but he believes that the rich, the banks, the oil companies and all the others who recieve tax subsidies and tax breaks to the point that they pay NO! taxes, need to pay their fair share and share this burden the republicans want to put on the middle class. I think it's clear who is really running the republican show and it's not any of the elected officials. It's the banks and big conglomerate corporations who supported the republican campaigns and put them in their positions. And they did that in order to gain control and power over the general population. If Americans allow this to continue you think that spending is an issue, wait until you kids and grandkids cant get a job that pays a living wage. Wait till they see them living in third world squawler. The banks and corporations don't want to pay a decent wage that promotes the American way. That BS about a blank check is nothing but propaganda for those who are too lazy to find out what is really going on! I say hooray for President Obama who is standing firm for the American people!!!!! Just sayin.
Kennesaw71

Marietta, GA

#14 Jul 26, 2011
I'm saying LIVE ON 180 BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH!!!!

200 BILLION COMES IN PER MONTH.
20 BILLION GOES TO PAYING DEBT!

LIVE ON 180 BILLION..... ITS REALLY A SMALL FEAT.....

ITS ALL WE ASK.... LIVE ON 180 BILLION PER MONTH!
GreatAttitude

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 26, 2011
Bluerose wrote:
I think it's clear who is really running the republican show and it's not any of the elected officials. It's the banks and big conglomerate corporations who supported the republican campaigns and put them in their positions. And they did that in order to gain control and power over the general population. If Americans allow this to continue you think that spending is an issue, wait until you kids and grandkids cant get a job that pays a living wage. Wait till they see them living in third world squawler. The banks and corporations don't want to pay a decent wage that promotes the American way. That BS about a blank check is nothing but propaganda for those who are too lazy to find out what is really going on!
I say hooray for President Obama who is standing firm for the American people!!!!! Just sayin.
If you want to see which party Wall Street owns, check Obozo's campaign contribution list from 2008. He was bought and paid for. I, for one, can't understand how anyone can support a President who has squandered stimulus money as payoffs for his political friends, continues to destroy the economy via chronic unemployment and rising energy and food costs, and divides the country with his incendiary class warfare rhetoric. So much for hope and change. It's just business as usual, this time with an inexperienced incompetent. But what else would you expect from a freshman senator who has never had a real job.
reality speaks

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 26, 2011
grshppr710 wrote:
so Obama giving the UAW half ownership in GM & Chrysler was not a political gift?

How about the gift to GE from Obama to pay no taxes?

and taking away home mortgage interest deduction only applies to the greedy rich?

seems to me you are playing a game of fairness, as long as it fair to you.
Guido

Brinkhaven, OH

#17 Jul 26, 2011
GreatAttitude wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to see which party Wall Street owns, check Obozo's campaign contribution list from 2008. He was bought and paid for. I, for one, can't understand how anyone can support a President who has squandered stimulus money as payoffs for his political friends, continues to destroy the economy via chronic unemployment and rising energy and food costs, and divides the country with his incendiary class warfare rhetoric. So much for hope and change. It's just business as usual, this time with an inexperienced incompetent. But what else would you expect from a freshman senator who has never had a real job.
You have spoken the pure truth so eloquently ....I'm stunned and I applaud you. Thank you for articulating what I have been saying for quite a while on this site. A total amature in the white house, a blaming devisive..old prostiute with a new dress politician.
The Voeter

Dublin, OH

#18 Jul 26, 2011
Bluerose wrote:
It seems to me that alot of people are not listening to the president. He has agreed to spending cuts, but he believes that the rich, the banks, the oil companies and all the others who recieve tax subsidies and tax breaks to the point that they pay NO! taxes, need to pay their fair share and share this burden the republicans want to put on the middle class. I think it's clear who is really running the republican show and it's not any of the elected officials. It's the banks and big conglomerate corporations who supported the republican campaigns and put them in their positions. And they did that in order to gain control and power over the general population. If Americans allow this to continue you think that spending is an issue, wait until you kids and grandkids cant get a job that pays a living wage. Wait till they see them living in third world squawler. The banks and corporations don't want to pay a decent wage that promotes the American way. That BS about a blank check is nothing but propaganda for those who are too lazy to find out what is really going on! I say hooray for President Obama who is standing firm for the American people!!!!! Just sayin.

Thank you!
The Voeter

Dublin, OH

#19 Jul 26, 2011
Thank you!
Jesus H Christ

Asheville, NC

#20 Jul 26, 2011
It doesn't really matter what happens now politically. There will be no political "victory" by either side. Trying to put our fiscal house back in order is no longer possible. All Americans will feel the pain this time. Wall Street is going to crash and crash hard. The bond markets will also tank. Your 401K will be worthless in short order. Interest rates are going to make the 70's look appealing. The grand experiment known as America is over. We have screwed the pooch and there is no way back from here. Why do you think the Bush family (among many other rich families) have purchased large plots of land in South America? It won't be safe for them to be here in 5 years. Once the masses (former middle class) are all poverty stricken and have nothing to lose, the civil unrest will begin. The corporations have consumed our entire country and will move on to the next meal, just as predators do. We are nothing more than fecal matter to them. Get ready. Your life is about to radically change.
reality speaks

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 26, 2011
Guido wrote:
<quoted text>You have spoken the pure truth so eloquently ....I'm stunned and I applaud you. Thank you for articulating what I have been saying for quite a while on this site. A total amature in the white house, a blaming devisive..old prostiute with a new dress politician.
both of you have my agreement to your facts posted.
reality speaks

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 26, 2011
instine wrote:
maybe boner needs to get on tv and bawl like the idiot he is for awhile,thats prob his next move.
while he crys his way to a forced federal balanced budget effective August 3rd.

then the crying will be heard in the White House & a bit shy of half the Senate.

Buying stock in paper companies today may prove a smart investment, as August 3rd promises huge increases in sales of tissues across the globe.

May even turn out to be a better investment than Apple in the early 80's.
instine

United States

#24 Jul 26, 2011
should take every dime the g. bush fam. has his priv. war with sadam is the reason we are where we are at now.how many billions has gone to that hell hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 74% of African-American children poverty strick... 26 min zyra prettywise 22
MMA Fighters 9 hr RayS 1
News Cincinnati to offer paid parental leave to city... 14 hr Frugal 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr I hate taggers 20,108
Heroin In Cinci (Jan '12) 19 hr I hate lynchburg 111
News Hillary Clinton to make September trip to Cinci... 22 hr car007 122
Debate: Marijuana - Cincinnati, OH (Aug '10) Wed Bob 81
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Chester Mortgages