Lewis legislators set work sessions f...

Lewis legislators set work sessions for rail, building discussions

There are 4 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Feb 12, 2012, titled Lewis legislators set work sessions for rail, building discussions. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Lawmakers plan to hold a committee meeting of the whole at 8:30 a.m. Monday to discuss the proposed purchase of a pair of rail lines connecting Lowville with West Carthage and Croghan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

bubba

Chittenango, NY

#1 Feb 13, 2012
ARE everybody invited? Or is it a closed meetingm so Bruce don`t find out whats going on. Is it at the new courthouse in Montague?
yes

Remsen, NY

#2 Feb 15, 2012
I will say if this crap goes through, i'm letting my house go for taxes and they can pay off the mortgage. I'm sick of the wasteful spending in this damn county. I feel That Former Sheriff TAbolt made a huge mistake when he was given the go ahead to purchase two new police cars and he chose to buy himself a Chevy Tahoe plus another big suv for undersheriff, and now the new sheriff had to ask to purchase two patrol cars because of high mileage. That should have been done last summer when two new patrol cars were approved. I guess he wanted to prove he could spend 80,000 dollars for one vehicle instead of getting two for less. We need to get rid of the damn board of legislators too if they think they can get away with an open check book for the railroad. Yet Bush says it will not be in the village. Now they are asking about the structure of the old depot in Lowville. Isn't that in the Village or are we all idiot's.? When are they going to listen to the people that pay their wages for all this stupid spending? I hope it never snows in NY again. And in the summer may it flood so no one can ride the trails on atv's either. buy your own land if you want to ride. Get enough investors from out of state and buy and build your own trails, Mr Lucas and Mr Deihl should check into private financing. Stop taking from the poor and elderly who can't afford this to keep pockets lined for those on the board..
really

Fort Plain, NY

#3 Feb 16, 2012
Let's look at the so-called opinion poll by JCC. It says 70% are in favor of the trail. If you look a little deeper, you'll find that out of 26,000 residents, only a few more than 400 replied. To make simple math we'll say about 300 are in favor. That's about 1 percent of the population!!!!!!! Yet these morons had it on TV7 and YNN and they will use it to justify this waste of money. What else they won't tell you is that a railroad bed is too narrow for what they propose. That is what the state will tell them. Actually, at least one of them has already been told that. VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Tayxpayer

Northville, NY

#4 Feb 16, 2012
really wrote:
Let's look at the so-called opinion poll by JCC. It says 70% are in favor of the trail. If you look a little deeper, you'll find that out of 26,000 residents, only a few more than 400 replied. To make simple math we'll say about 300 are in favor. That's about 1 percent of the population!!!!!!! Yet these morons had it on TV7 and YNN and they will use it to justify this waste of money. What else they won't tell you is that a railroad bed is too narrow for what they propose. That is what the state will tell them. Actually, at least one of them has already been told that. VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!
I need to go on JCC site to look at the survey,however when you look at what was in the paper and tv, of the 400 polled there felt positive about the education, environment and recreation in Lewis Co, but not the economic status, shopping opportunities or taxes. So we can read the owners manuals to our ATV's, and ride the trails in forests with clean air. Again, this reinforces that Lewis Co is a nice place to vacation, but overall not a nice place to live-education excluded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photographer and firefighter joins passions to ... Thu Recognize the nam... 2
News Three charged with meth-making following downto... May 24 JobFair 32
Fort Drum Hookups May 19 Horny 2
Mike bolillo fire May 12 old timer 21
christopher patterson (Sep '15) May 10 Adam 4
News Large, Neolithic Flint Axes Discovered in Denmark Apr 28 Canker Sore 1
Should She Be Apr '16 Concerned Taxpayer 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Carthage Mortgages