Former 801 complexes faltering

Former 801 complexes faltering

There are 23 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Former 801 complexes faltering. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

“There's just been people saying there's a shortage for a long time”

Earlier this year, the Army stopped leasing more than 1,500 housing units, ending participation in the national Section 801 program. via Watertown Daily Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sol

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2010
Maybe it is about time to open the housing to families that will contribute to the community, instead of always taking from! ie: assistance of any kind. There is only so much that the state and county can do. And god forbid that the ones on assistance should have benefits cut. "Give us more free money"! Oh wait, its not free, us working stiffs have to foot your bills!
Mrs Smith

Jamesville, NY

#22 Sep 2, 2010
I would like to clear something up. Anyone feeling they need to get upset or nasty so be it. BAH or housing allowance as many like to call it is not a free-be for the military. It is an entitlement. It is a portion of what we as nomads have taken from our pay to pay for where we live. When you do not live in Quarters it is not put into your pay. If you choose to or have to live on the economy it is put back into your pay, so you can pay for the rent and utilities. Anything over that is to come out of the monthly pay. Nothing is given to military families. Every cent we get we work very hard for. I make not care to be in NY state at times but I am. Please no "just leave then comments". Lots of people here who are from here that don't want to be here. I am involved in the community trying just as I am where ever the Army sends us. This family faces the same hardships everyone else does,(only he works for THE MAN and there are no sick days). 2 teenagers to put clothes and shoes on and the never ending list of crap for school. The cost of groceries, vech pmt, insurance, gas, TWC trying to suck us all dry. Not to mention that it's almost time for Santa to come again. Not to forget time to reregister the truck. As it gets colder the prices of everything goes up everywhere. Hope everyone is able to have a great weekend.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#23 Sep 24, 2010
Being in the military, stationed at Drum, and my hometown being 15 miles away from Drum, I am disappointed. It's always catering to the military, and it irritates me. I think that these housing people who charge the BAH rate, or near are hurting those from this area. It is upsetting to see that people who are from this area having to scrape what they have to compete with the military. BAH might be an entitlement, but its rate screws the people from the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three charged with meth-making following downto... 13 hr Bahahahaha 48
News Photographer and firefighter joins passions to ... Fri Nudes 4
Judy McAllister Jun 10 Tonya 1
harboring a 15 year old run away Jun 1 Sad Ending 5
Should She Be Apr '16 Concerned Taxpayer 1
News West Carthage considering dissolution of villag... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ben C Franklin 1
News Public hearing set to discuss the harboring of ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 duh 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Carthage Mortgages